I sincerely hope NT goes out of business for this

#171Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 9:33:01 PM
M1911A1 posted...
Phantom0708 posted...
Yell at me all you want

Call me a hardcore fanboy all you want

I don't give a ****

but they have RUINED the series that I grew up playing. It's like if Nintendo made a more mature LoZ where Link's a druggie and says "Fornicate thou!" to every enemy he comes across

I had hope for this game, I hoped it would live up to be actually good. But after all these trailers, I am done.

They ruined my childhood hero
They ruined my childhood hero's brother

But you know what's icing on the cake? That they try to make this story all "dark" and "edgy" and "shakespearean"

Devil May Cry was all about crazy convoluted story where cheesy badass Dante saves the world from demons
It's not supposed to be edgy
It's supposed to be cheesy
And fun
And Dante's supposed to be the lovable nutjob of a devil hunter

But they just,
They,
They ruined it.

I sincerely pity everyone who will pick the series up from this game, or call the new Dante better, because they never grew up loving the original games, loving the person who WAS Dante. The pizza-loving, strawberry sundae-eating sarcastic and witty protagonist that gave character to the games themselves.

Therefore, Ninja Theory, I hope you are happy, I hope you are happy that all the true fans now hate your guts for ruining someone who they respected.

Sounds to me like you still have some growing up to do my friend. When you're an adult, things like this won't matter.

That's funny

Things like this do matter to me. It's a precious part of my life.

But honestly, as a writer myself, after everything if the story that I have seen, I can say they are doing a lot of things that writers should never do
Making not just one, but multiple characters spew profanity like my father whenever someone cuts out in front of him in traffic

Profanity is sometimes acceptable depending on the character, and sometimes it just ruins the validity of the dialogue as a whole. Besides, I thought that through DMC3 we already had the established lore that Dante and Vergil fought eachother since they were kids.

Also, Vergil doesn't use guns, and in a trailer they show him with an assault rifle

Vergil was always a corrupted man thirsty for power, now he's just some blonde british dude
Don't get me wrong, aside from the blonde hair I kind of like new Vergil's design a bit
Dante's redesign didn't really bother me too much either, it's the personality they managed to screw up
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#172ShiShiHaatoPosted 12/19/2012 10:04:18 PM
I want ninja theory to reboot more games and work with more franchises. It would move the entire gaming industry forwardas a while if they could reboot gears of war and make the next God of War.
#173FireMage7777Posted 12/19/2012 10:10:27 PM
ShiShiHaato posted...
I want ninja theory to reboot more games and work with more franchises. It would move the entire gaming industry forwardas a while if they could reboot gears of war and make the next God of War.

So you want to destroy good gaming?
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#174dragonkyn20Posted 12/19/2012 10:45:18 PM
ShiShiHaato posted...

No. Hell no. Leave God of War the hell out of this. I don't want Tameem getting his grubby claws on GoW and turning Kratos into a slit-wristing pretty boy based off the designer.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#175TwinmoldPosted 12/19/2012 11:51:57 PM
I read the OP in a nasally voice fighting back tears.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#176Pesmerga255Posted 12/19/2012 11:52:47 PM
Twinmold posted...
I read the OP in a nasally voice fighting back tears.

Funny, I read every pro post in Adam Savage's nerd voice.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#177ShiShiHaatoPosted 12/20/2012 3:03:30 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
ShiShiHaato posted...

So you want to destroy good gaming?

If you could call it good gaming.
#178SORS_IMMANISPosted 12/20/2012 4:52:33 AM
I got news for you, TC: DMC was never intended to be cheesy. Japan does that completely unintentionally.
#179Ether101Posted 12/20/2012 4:53:55 AM
SORS_IMMANIS posted...
I got news for you, TC: DMC was never intended to be cheesy. Japan does that completely unintentionally.

What a racist BS thing to say.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#180KyryloPosted 12/20/2012 4:56:16 AM
m100t8s posted...
Thats pretty stupid man. Ninja Theory just did their job and what Capcom asked for.

And anyway they will still work for Capcom. Keep hoping xD.

you know it's a lie.
1. all decision were made by Tameem, cause he claimed himself "first game I wrote and directed MYSELF"
2. Recently I read article (that btw, was posted here on board) in journal where main designer claimed he didn't want to work with existing character to begin with.
So stop protect NT, their fault is about as big as Capcom's