I sincerely hope NT goes out of business for this

#71Lupin the 4thPosted 12/19/2012 3:45:14 PM
Like I've said several times in other topics, if this game fails...I doubt there will EVER be another DMC....so please, hate it all you want...refuse to buy it...functionally kill one of my favorite series, and then whine about Capcom not making any more of them. A reboot is usually the last refuge of a damned series (see: Tomb Raider), but hey...whatever. If you think they won't kill DMC, I'll kindly remind you of what they did to poor Mega Man. Capcom's all about money. If DMC isn't a cash cow worth milking, it's put down.

That's why I'm willing to at least give this game a chance. I'd rather have a promising game that can be improved in the next iteration than no DMC games ever again.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#72SSJ5_Goku-SanPosted 12/19/2012 3:50:25 PM
dragonkyn20 posted...
I'd rather have Tameem lose his job. After insulting the fanbase, he doesn't deserve to work with games ever.

This.

Tameem has no business being in the gaming industry, let alone handling an entire game, but it's even worse that he acts like he actually talent and that he even goes so far to act like a jerk to the fans.
#73KaijinSurohmPosted 12/19/2012 3:52:10 PM
fiori posted...
TC, your post just proves that you're a kid and you have no idea about business...

Capcom paid NT to produce DmC. So, NT was already paid for their job.

If DmC bombs or not, that won't affect NT's finances at all. Capcom is the one that will lose or not money. It's up to Capcom now.

The worst thing that could happen to NT is probably being harder to be called by others, to produce a game. However, they'll probably develop their own games, I guess.

I believe DmC will sell well, more than Heavenly Sword and Enslaved combined.

Wow, you don't know how it works as well as you wanna say you do, huh?

Capcom had a crazy idea to go out and export their Devil May Cry idea over to a third party. Rumor has it it's because a CEO knew a CEO, not because of their sad excuse of "Story and gameplay" (when NT hires out to do this anyway).

Capcom hired out Nina Theory to Produce and DEVELOP the game. They are both the producer and developer. The same. With Capcom there as a name.

Now, Capcom PAID Ninja Theory to develop this crap, yes, and it's also true Capcom had the most say in the actual designs of the game. They did not develop the game, they just told them the limits of the gameplay, and denied our original Dante look. The rest, from the graphics, to the combat, to the story, were Ninja Theory.

Now, because of this, yes, Ninja Theory has the money given to them by Capcom to do this, however, they are spending it all to make the game.

If this game fails, Capcom will have no choice but to get a refund from all that they spent, which ususally ends up in a lawsuit, thought it would fail, since Capcom had a hand in it (a small one).

This also makes it, so all that money is spent on creation of the game, to distribution.

Now, Ninja Theory/Capcom has to pay another party to port it to disc format, and create a massive amount of discs, data, downloads, etc, for consumer purchase. If those sales fail, the people cranking out this stuff can sue for a refund on the wasted money on a product that was promised to sell, thus nailing Ninja Theory, and Capcom.

So, this game not selling DOES hurt Ninja Theory. But in the finances, and also a huge blemish on their already terrible record. No one will want to do business wtih them, 'specialy because of Tam Tam's public relations he has with his fan base. (You know, publicly insulting them and all).

Failing this game will literally be the death of Ninja Theory. it's not a "We paid you in full and you get to keep the cash even if it fails" situation. Doesn't work like that, sorry.

They got paid a chunk for what they needed, and will end up having to pay back what they used.
#74AdethPosted 12/19/2012 4:12:16 PM
Do you have any actual proof that NT needs to pay Capcom back for dev costs? I've never heard of a dev having to pay back a publisher, unless it's clear the project was mismanaged.
#75dedbusPosted 12/19/2012 4:14:33 PM
What exactly is cheesy about over the top '80s style violence. I believe the adjective you're looking for is manly but such is a culture of boys who have been shamed from what they could aspire to.
#76KaijinSurohmPosted 12/19/2012 4:26:38 PM
Lupin the 4th posted...
Like I've said several times in other topics, if this game fails...I doubt there will EVER be another DMC....so please, hate it all you want...refuse to buy it...functionally kill one of my favorite series

I'd rather see Devil May Cry die then to have it's corpse violated like this.
#77sicko82Posted 12/19/2012 4:27:49 PM
SSJ5_Goku-San posted...
dragonkyn20 posted...
I'd rather have Tameem lose his job. After insulting the fanbase, he doesn't deserve to work with games ever.

This.

Tameem has no business being in the gaming industry, let alone handling an entire game, but it's even worse that he acts like he actually talent and that he even goes so far to act like a jerk to the fans.

Can someone send me a link to this? Not out of disbelief i just want to know what this guy said verbatim.
#78KaijinSurohmPosted 12/19/2012 4:28:31 PM
Adeth posted...
Do you have any actual proof that NT needs to pay Capcom back for dev costs? I've never heard of a dev having to pay back a publisher, unless it's clear the project was mismanaged.

Its not just a Capcom/Ninja Theory thing. it's a situation between Developers and Publishers.

9 times out of 10, if the product does not sell, and everyone is losing money, the publisher will ask for a refund. Saying No will ususally end up in a lawsuit. It goes from there.

I doubt there would be a lawsuit between Cap and NT, assuming the rumors are true, and it's a friend who hired a friend for DmC. But we'll see.
#79KaijinSurohmPosted 12/19/2012 4:29:36 PM
sicko82 posted...
SSJ5_Goku-San posted...
dragonkyn20 posted...

This.

Can someone send me a link to this? Not out of disbelief i just want to know what this guy said verbatim.

https://twitter.com/superninjatam/status/270957453687005185 - Claims nothing to fix and dismisses it as "play how you want"

https://twitter.com/superninjatam/status/270958085982523396 - Insults a fan showing him what is wrong with the game.
#80FireMage7777Posted 12/19/2012 4:38:46 PM
Lupin the 4th posted...
Like I've said several times in other topics, if this game fails...I doubt there will EVER be another DMC....so please, hate it all you want...refuse to buy it...functionally kill one of my favorite series, and then whine about Capcom not making any more of them. A reboot is usually the last refuge of a damned series (see: Tomb Raider), but hey...whatever. If you think they won't kill DMC, I'll kindly remind you of what they did to poor Mega Man. Capcom's all about money. If DMC isn't a cash cow worth milking, it's put down.

That's why I'm willing to at least give this game a chance. I'd rather have a promising game that can be improved in the next iteration than no DMC games ever again.

I would rather never have another DMC if it meant DmC were to not exist
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*