DmC getting owned with just one finger.

#51StriderOWPosted 12/20/2012 10:26:07 AM
Taizuku posted...
Detha posted...
Did everyone ignore this?

Alexx is a known pro at DMC and has been playing the games as a pro for a very long time - probably since even before 2005. There is no way most any of you others could do that with even a week of practice on that very level with all of your fingers. I guarantee it. He was also using Easy-Automatic, but that's neither here nor there.

He could probably do it with his eyes closed and one finger, is the point. He's that good and that familiar with the game. It's not improbable either, because of the audio cues.

Makes no difference. It's still possible.

It does make a difference. We are talking about two different levels of players. The DMC3 video showed a lot more technical skill then the video shown for DmC. He was using trickster to keep himself moving and dodging attacks as well.
#52TaizukuPosted 12/20/2012 10:29:27 AM
StriderOW posted...
Taizuku posted...
Detha posted...

Alexx is a known pro at DMC and has been playing the games as a pro for a very long time - probably since even before 2005. There is no way most any of you others could do that with even a week of practice on that very level with all of your fingers. I guarantee it. He was also using Easy-Automatic, but that's neither here nor there.

He could probably do it with his eyes closed and one finger, is the point. He's that good and that familiar with the game. It's not improbable either, because of the audio cues.

Makes no difference. It's still possible.

It does make a difference. We are talking about two different levels of players. The DMC3 video showed a lot more technical skill then the video shown for DmC. He was using trickster to keep himself moving and dodging attacks as well.

We aren't talking about the skill it took, the topic is called "DmC getting owned with just one finger." he just owned DMC3 with one finger as well.

THEN let's take into consideration. His Dante was leveled up and maxed out. This Dante wasn't. He was on DMD, this Dante wasn't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#53GoldsicklePosted 12/20/2012 10:32:51 AM
StriderOW posted...
It does make a difference.

Makes a whole lot of difference.

That video only showed about 30 seconds with 3 enemies.

Alex showed an entire chapter including the boss.

I bet if you tried to actually show the entire "Under Watch" stage, "owning with one finger" would be impossible, due to how you need to hold triggers for the Angel Dash, Angle Lift, Demon Pull and so on.

Try beating the fire or ice demon with just one finger.

To put it as objectively as I can, "owning DmC with just one finger" would be impossible.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#54Dark_EpathyPosted 12/20/2012 10:33:15 AM
What level of difficulty was the DmC video on? Also, keep in mind that the dodge buttons are on the shoulders--unless you remap--so actually moving your thumb back and forth would be difficult.

I think the point stands that, on any difficulty level, you can probably mash triangle against a mob of lesser enemies and get out of it fine, provided you jump every now and then. But it says nothing about bosses or other enemy combinations.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#55KaijinSurohmPosted 12/20/2012 10:37:22 AM
Taizuku posted...
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
DMC3 mission 2 on DMD beaten with just one finger.

Might do a mission in DMC1 too if anyone asks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1BU8Q13fto&feature=youtu.be

Also give it a few minutes, it's still uploading as I'm posting this but I have to go to work (no reference intended) right now.

At first, I missed this. Now that I've watched it, this is not special. He's using gunts, styles, and swords. Yes it's with one finger, but he's still navigating and dodging with what he's doing.

This isn't spamming just one button the entire time, and thus does not count.
#56Hi CPosted 12/20/2012 10:39:16 AM
Wow, look at those amazing 3 frame attack animations. Reminds me of Dragon Age 2. Blegh.

They said they were using tricks to make 30 fps feel like 60, instead they made it feel like 15 lol.
---
You'll be my John G.
#57Psychochild27Posted 12/20/2012 10:48:03 AM
Detha posted...

What? No he wasn't. There's not a single stinger or high time and if he was using Easy Automatic, his weapons would be switching frequently automatically.

I don't like the guy, but let's not misrepresent the video he gives us.
#58DethaPosted 12/20/2012 10:50:44 AM
My bad. I thought he did because he used Million Stab.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#59Psychochild27Posted 12/20/2012 10:52:10 AM
Detha posted...
My bad. I thought he did because he used Million Stab.

Million Stab could be done through a Combo II Crazy Combo.
#60DethaPosted 12/20/2012 10:53:33 AM
Thanks, I remember now. I haven't owned a proper DMC game in years.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz