DmC getting owned with just one finger.

#61itis41269Posted 12/20/2012 11:37:15 AM
LOL why the hell are you people arguing about how many buttons it takes to beat a game

How many buttons should it take to press for a game to be good?
---
"They all float down here"
#62KaijinSurohmPosted 12/20/2012 11:40:54 AM
itis41269 posted...
LOL why the hell are you people arguing about how many buttons it takes to beat a game

-.-; You've missed the point.

If the game is, oh lets say, a side side scroller shooter, like Galica, where you move your ship left and right, and press a button to fire north, then you buy the game knowing you only have 3 buttons.

If you play this "Super awezome amazings crazy combes game dat plays jes liek DMC" then you're expecting a lot of control input. To learn that all you have to do is spam triangle is a massive letdown, false advertisement, and degrading.
#63AdolRedPosted 12/20/2012 11:41:46 AM
Goldsickle posted...
StriderOW posted...
It does make a difference.

Makes a whole lot of difference.

That video only showed about 30 seconds with 3 enemies.

Alex showed an entire chapter including the boss.

I bet if you tried to actually show the entire "Under Watch" stage, "owning with one finger" would be impossible, due to how you need to hold triggers for the Angel Dash, Angle Lift, Demon Pull and so on.

Try beating the fire or ice demon with just one finger.

To put it as objectively as I can, "owning DmC with just one finger" would be impossible.

Are you the same Goldsickle that drew that comic about the 2 kids playing through metal gear? I read through that a few years ago, thought it was really cute
---
Read my comic! http://thejaystack.tumblr.com
<3Metric <3 Portugal. The Man <3Frank Turner<3Radiohead<3Bomb the Music Industry!<3
#64PhaildPosted 12/20/2012 11:57:32 AM(edited)
KaijinSurohm posted...
itis41269 posted...

To learn that all you have to do is spam triangle is a massive letdown, false advertisement, and degrading.

Not if the context is a movie clip of a dude whacking 3 normal mooks at the beginning of a level.

Speaking of context, DMC3 was a massive letdown when I first played it. All this talk about "deep combo system" and the only thing I could do was 2 combo strings with Rebellion and a helm breaker.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#65itis41269Posted 12/20/2012 11:54:56 AM
And thats another thing, with normal enemies in most games arent that hard to kill

kinda like in God of War with the weaker enemies you could just smack around, but when

it came to the bigger ones youd best learn the roll evade move fast or your not gonna last long
---
"They all float down here"
#66KaijinSurohmPosted 12/20/2012 12:03:39 PM
Phaild posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
itis41269 posted...

To learn that all you have to do is spam triangle is a massive letdown, false advertisement, and degrading.

Not if the context is a movie clip of a dude whacking 3 normal mooks at the beginning of a level.

Speaking of context, DMC3 was a massive letdown when I first played it. All this talk about "deep combo system" and the only thing I could do was 2 combo strings with Rebellion and a helm breaker.

That's funny. On Normal mode, when I tried spamming triangle (in DMC3), I got cracked by the monster behind me. Then when I recovered and tried to spam against thim (all inthe intro stage, mind you), another one nailed me. When I finally got the brown mobs to spawn, they just dash killed me. Because all i tried to do was spam triangle.
#67KaijinSurohmPosted 12/20/2012 12:05:42 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Phaild posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
itis41269 posted...

That's funny. On Normal mode, when I tried spamming triangle (in DMC3), I got cracked by the monster behind me. Then when I recovered and tried to spam against thim (all inthe intro stage, mind you), another one nailed me. When I finally got the brown mobs to spawn, they just dash killed me. Because all i tried to do was spam triangle.

But hey, Stinger that upgrades, with 3 different rebellion combos - one of which branches into million stabs, with a launcher, and the sword master style that upgrades 3 times giving new moves is pretty limited. Huh?
#68PhaildPosted 12/20/2012 12:19:31 PM
That's funny

No, it's not funny. You didn't read my post. Do it again. Properly this time

Way back when I read up on DMC people were all like "Yeah the combo system is so deep and complex"

Then I finally bought it and tried it while me friend was watching. His first reaction was "That's all the stuff you can do? Two combo strings and a couple of special attacks?"

My reaction was more or less the same. I was already sick of of seeing the same moves by the time I finished the 2nd Mission.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#69testament067Posted 12/20/2012 1:43:32 PM
I honestly don't see what this proves.

Especially after Alex's post.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqEDyEaHDk
#70GoldsicklePosted 12/20/2012 3:12:00 PM
AdolRed posted...
Are you the same Goldsickle that drew that comic about the 2 kids playing through metal gear? I read through that a few years ago, thought it was really cute

There's only one Goldsickle on the internet X3

Yeah, I did.
I was gonna draw more comics involving those kids but I kinda lost motivation >>
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".