DmC getting owned with just one finger.

#71AlexxShadenk777Posted 12/20/2012 3:19:57 PM
Detha posted...
Did everyone ignore this?

Alexx is a known pro at DMC and has been playing the games as a pro for a very long time - probably since even before 2005. There is no way most any of you others could do that with even a week of practice on that very level with all of your fingers. I guarantee it. He was also using Easy-Automatic, but that's neither here nor there.

He could probably do it with his eyes closed and one finger, is the point. He's that good and that familiar with the game. It's not improbable either, because of the audio cues.

I wouldn't call myself a pro however, and I did not have Auto enabled because 1) I don't need it and 2) YOU CAN'T ENABLE EASY AUTO ON DMD, ahem.

And yes, could do it with my eyes closed too because the audio cues are just fine but I'd still get a hit a few times and not know exactly when to use Million Stab.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#72_Uwye_Posted 12/20/2012 3:26:50 PM
Taizuku posted...
THEN let's take into consideration. His Dante was leveled up and maxed out. This Dante wasn't.

Which is irrelevant considering that with only one finger they could use only a couple of moves. I don't understand what you are trying to say here, frankly.

Also, the moveset in the demo is complete.
#73AlexxShadenk777Posted 12/20/2012 3:31:57 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Taizuku posted...
THEN let's take into consideration. His Dante was leveled up and maxed out. This Dante wasn't.

Which is irrelevant considering that with only one finger they could use only a couple of moves. I don't understand what you are trying to say here, frankly.

Any player even remotely better than me could do this on DWD with their eyes closed using Royalguard to always JG every attack.
---
#74_Uwye_Posted 12/20/2012 3:42:43 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
Taizuku posted...

Any player even remotely better than me could do this on DWD with their eyes closed using Royalguard to always JG every attack.

Yeah, but I THINK that Taizuku was trying to say that the DmC player was actually handicapped compared to you. Except he wasn't and, from what I can tell, he had an even easier time playing with one finger. So...I really don't get what he was trying to say here.
#75AlexxShadenk777Posted 12/20/2012 3:45:01 PM
I suspect he set the difficulty mode to Human on top of that too.
---
#76lokithefoolPosted 12/20/2012 4:32:09 PM
Taizuku posted...
Detha posted...
Did everyone ignore this?

Alexx is a known pro at DMC and has been playing the games as a pro for a very long time - probably since even before 2005. There is no way most any of you others could do that with even a week of practice on that very level with all of your fingers. I guarantee it. He was also using Easy-Automatic, but that's neither here nor there.

He could probably do it with his eyes closed and one finger, is the point. He's that good and that familiar with the game. It's not improbable either, because of the audio cues.

Makes no difference. It's still possible.

You mean having stupid amount of experience, and easy automatic on that basically puts the game on the easiest setting no matter what difficulty it is on? Yeah I would say its possible. Doesn't prove a damn thing however DmC is still shaping up to be the easiest action game released in the past three years.
#77AlexxShadenk777Posted 12/20/2012 4:58:04 PM(edited)
DMC4 was far easier. In fact between other worse games and it, I wonder if DMC4 isn't easier than all of them. The DmC demo enemies, at least on Son of Sparda mode, seem to be more prone to attack you than in that game, though sadly the same can't be said for the boss fight whom barely even moves, much like basically any enemy in DMC4 that isn't an Assault. And also the cherubs simply don't like being offscreen. Doesn't matter how far you are from them, if you rotate the camera, they will fly into view quicker than you can say Dante's catchphrase.

Wish I could say the same for the boss battle, Succubus barely moves at all. She needs to take some lessons from Cerberus I guess.

Edit: I feel I didn't illustrate the differing levels of difficulty too well, let me make a more concrete example.

Let's compare Scarecrows to the grunts in the DmC demo.

They both seem to have about the same slowness in the preparation for their attacks, but the DmC enemies have far more range in all directions, they've successfully knocked me out of the air when I thought I was high enough above them numerous times. Scarecrows? Maybe a handful of times. Also they don't skip about, they can actually run after you if you get too far. And they already have far more health than DMD Scarecrows, probably 3 times as much.
---