A DmC Hands-on Review Magazine. New Fans and Old Should Read!

#31pyro_buntaPosted 12/20/2012 8:01:54 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
so he gets white hair and all weapons by the first 10 levels/mission?

Seems that way.
Considering the fact that he has full white hair at the end of Level 8 (Just during the later cutscenes I believe), by Level 10, he's probably gonna have it.
However, those last 10 levels being an absolute secret is starting to bother me.
Somethings up.

Babby tears and time travel?
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#32HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/20/2012 8:06:35 PM
pyro_bunta posted...
http://i.imgur.com/Spple.jpg

Not sure where this picture came from, but honestly, he doesn't look bad with the white hair.
In the theoretical possibility of there being a DmC2, I'd imagine he'd have DMC3/4 Dante's hair and he'd look fine with it :/

That's just a shorter version of Nero's hair. That's why I've been saying that Donte's more Nero-like than remotely being anywhere like Dante.

But Nero was made to resemble Old Dante though.
New Dante having similar hair just means he ultimately resembles Old Dante, haha.
That aside, him having Nero-esque qualities isn't that big of a deal to me. Nero's anger with Dante's cheese (different cheese, but cheese nonetheless).
It didn't seem like CAPCOM was going to do much with Nero after DMC4 after a while.
No crossover appearances. Not even talked about by Capcom anymore. Honestly, it feels like he got completely written off.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#33SilentS89Posted 12/20/2012 8:06:47 PM
"At no time was a single concern raised about 30 rather than 60 frames per second affecting the taut controls of the combat"

All credibility lost.

"Ten missions into the game and it's so very good. It's "better than the last two Ninja Gaidens" good."

Better than Ninja Gaiden 2?

"From our perspective it's a hurricane compared to Devil May Cry 4's mild breezy good."

Like how a hurricane leaves people with less than they had before?

"Do write in and complain"

So, you guys are trolling us.

"DmC feels like classic Devil May Cry and, by the time we've experienced the final ten levels, it could well be a classic Devil May Cry"

Oh, this is gonna be good.

"-reimagined with better technology"

LOL

"and featuring a more human and so more enjoyable protagonist."
About -50% more human as a matter of fact

"Haters gonna hate but, in this case and so far, they'd be fools for doing so"
Surprised they didn't mention "white hair"
#34RayconPosted 12/20/2012 8:07:00 PM
pyro_bunta posted...
http://i.imgur.com/Spple.jpg

Not sure where this picture came from, but honestly, he doesn't look bad with the white hair.
In the theoretical possibility of there being a DmC2, I'd imagine he'd have DMC3/4 Dante's hair and he'd look fine with it :/

That's just a shorter version of Nero's hair. That's why I've been saying that Donte's more Nero-like than remotely being anywhere like Dante.

No kidding. The only thing I like about this character design, and it's something that had to be "borrowed" from the old series. Go figure...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#35Pesmerga255Posted 12/20/2012 8:09:10 PM

Didn't DMC4 come out on the exact same systems as DmC?

MT Framework is also a far superior engine to UE3 in every possible way.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#36SilentS89Posted 12/20/2012 8:10:20 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

This
#37RayconPosted 12/20/2012 8:11:28 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
so he gets white hair and all weapons by the first 10 levels/mission?

Seems that way.
Considering the fact that he has full white hair at the end of Level 8 (Just during the later cutscenes I believe), by Level 10, he's probably gonna have it.
However, those last 10 levels being an absolute secret is starting to bother me.
Somethings up.

It is strange, now that you bring it up. Must be one hell of a plot twist they're banking on that they don't want leaked.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#38HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/20/2012 8:13:01 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Didn't DMC4 come out on the exact same systems as DmC?

Except not.
MT Framework has crap for physics.
Great lighting though, but most japanese engines have great lighting.
When you don't have much in regards to physics, all the processing power simply goes to framerate and graphics. When you actually have an engine doing a lot of real-time simulations, it's going to have to sacrifice framerate and graphics a little to allow for smoother processing.
UE3 is very good engine.
We've gone over this before.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#39Pesmerga255Posted 12/20/2012 8:13:43 PM
Why are the physics so bad in DmC then?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#40SilentS89Posted 12/20/2012 8:14:23 PM
Raycon posted...
Must be one hell of a plot twist they're banking on that they don't want leaked.

Vorgeloceraptor? Baby tears? Abortion Battle? Time Travel? Multiple Dimensional Dante Visit?

Probably that Vorgel will betray Donte.