A DmC Hands-on Review Magazine. New Fans and Old Should Read!

#41Pesmerga255Posted 12/20/2012 9:16:29 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Raycon posted...
Must be one hell of a plot twist they're banking on that they don't want leaked.

Vorgeloceraptor? Baby tears? Abortion Battle? Time Travel? Multiple Dimensional Dante Visit?

Probably that Vorgel will betray Donte.

It might be more of the same crap for another 5 hours!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#42HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/20/2012 9:16:49 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Why are the physics so bad in DmC then?

Elaborate.
Cause DMC4 had next to no physics.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#43Pesmerga255Posted 12/20/2012 9:19:24 PM
Everything in DmC feels too floaty. Everything just doesn't behave the way it should in the air.
---
#44RayconPosted 12/20/2012 9:22:02 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Raycon posted...
Must be one hell of a plot twist they're banking on that they don't want leaked.

Vorgeloceraptor? Baby tears? Abortion Battle? Time Travel? Multiple Dimensional Dante Visit?

Probably that Vorgel will betray Donte.

It might be more of the same crap for another 5 hours!

Maybe they're pulling another DMC4.

You just think you're going to play as Donte. And then, plot twist, you play as Dante through the same levels. Only in reverse.
---
That's never been before.
#45Pesmerga255Posted 12/20/2012 9:23:22 PM
They might even make you play as Nero for the backtracking. That way, NT wouldn't have to change much apart from the Angel Combos.
---
#46HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/20/2012 9:24:41 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Everything in DmC feels too floaty. Everything just doesn't behave the way it should in the air.

I feel like I brought this up before, but you know little to nothing about engines I'm assuming, correct? Not even trying to hate. You just never make good arguments when it comes to justifying why an engine is bad and you don't seem to know how they work it seems.
Again, not hatin'. I can't expect everyone to know (Game design is half the reason I'm in school. I'm not the best programmer in the world, but anyone with a background with atleast a AAA game engine should be able to size up another engine without much problem)
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#47Pesmerga255Posted 12/20/2012 9:35:08 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

I feel like I brought this up before, but you know little to nothing about engines I'm assuming, correct? Not even trying to hate. You just never make good arguments when it comes to justifying why an engine is bad and you don't seem to know how they work it seems.
Again, not hatin'. I can't expect everyone to know (Game design is half the reason I'm in school. I'm not the best programmer in the world, but anyone with a background with atleast a AAA game engine should be able to size up another engine without much problem)

I don't have any personal experience working with game engines, but I know quite a lot about computer architecture. I'm more of a hardware guy myself. Do you have any experience working with MT framework?
---
#48megamaticsPosted 12/20/2012 9:41:55 PM
What Magazine is that ?...Cause I've never heard of it.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#49RichterB17Posted 12/20/2012 9:46:33 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Even so, he is still right. In DMC4 everything felt the way it should with how enemies are thrown in the air without feeling floaty. In DMC4 the enemies actually descend down as they should where as this game you throw them in the air and they actually stay in the air for quite a bit of time. It's weird and I'm not sure if this a UE problem or not but it was perfect in DMC4.

I'm not going to say UE is a bad engine though, but what I will say is that the constant texture loading problem I've seen in many UE games is really bad, and I personally don't like the look of it.
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#50Abiz_Posted 12/20/2012 9:48:50 PM
Why are the physics so bad in DmC then?

DMC4 physics are aren't any better. You may not like DmC, but you seem to just to say things to make sure everyone knows you hate this game.

The article was a enjoyable read. Very much looking forward to playing it at 60 fps on my pc.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior