Dead on arrival?

#1lokithefoolPosted 12/21/2012 6:51:08 PM
So am I the only one who thinks this game was, and has been pretty much doomed since it was announced? Massive competition, tremendous hate from the original fan base, and a very poorly made initial trailer that everybody hated. Not to mention recent news of it being slower, and poorly made compared to past games in the series. Also its studio Ninja Theory had been known to bomb pretty hard in sales.

Anyone thing I am wrong, or have some hope for it?
#2DuuuDe14Posted 12/21/2012 6:52:34 PM
Casuals dont care about that. All they see is a gritty esque character with a sword that curses a lot and fights da powah.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#3Pesmerga255Posted 12/21/2012 6:54:18 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Casuals dont care about that. All they see is a gritty esque character with a sword that curses a lot and fights da powah.

This game is too niche for most casuals to even care about. It's a H&S game that isn't God of War. Think about how well those do on average.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 6:57:55 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

This game is too niche for most casuals to even care about. It's a H&S game that isn't God of War. Think about how well those do on average.

Another good point. Didn't Dark Siders 2 do very poorly?
#5Pesmerga255Posted 12/21/2012 6:58:57 PM
Well, THQ are circling the drain now.
---
#6RayconPosted 12/21/2012 6:59:54 PM
lokithefool posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

Another good point. Didn't Dark Siders 2 do very poorly?

Kind of a shame. I loved Darksiders 1.

= (
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#7Pesmerga255Posted 12/21/2012 7:01:10 PM
The poor sales don't make it a bad game. It's decent, the combat and loot aspects are pretty fun in Darksiders 2.
---
#8DevilTears604Posted 12/21/2012 7:02:09 PM
I think they said DS 2 came out of the gate pretty strong, but has struggled over the long haul.

It does suck. I'm in love with Darksiders and hoping like hell there will be a Darksiders 3.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#9lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 7:03:22 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
The poor sales don't make it a bad game. It's decent, the combat and loot aspects are pretty fun in Darksiders 2.

Oh I am not saying Dark Siders, or even this is a bad game. I am just wondering the odds of it actually succeeding, and I just don't see it happening.
#10DevilTears604Posted 12/21/2012 7:04:44 PM
lokithefool posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Oh I am not saying Dark Siders, or even this is a bad game. I am just wondering the odds of it actually succeeding, and I just don't see it happening.

I think it'll definitely be NT's most successful game financially, just based on the name.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V