Dead on arrival?

#91Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 6:22:23 PM

The sales expectations for DmC aren't even that high tbh compared to the sales projections from the past games.

Were Capcom expecting 2 or 3 to sell 5 million?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#92KatanaYamato00Posted 12/22/2012 6:38:10 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

The sales expectations for DmC aren't even that high tbh compared to the sales projections from the past games.

Were Capcom expecting 2 or 3 to sell 5 million?

No. But it was unheard of for any action game to sell that amount at that time. DMC 4 sold the most simply because it was a multiplatform game. If it stayed a PS3 exclusive (and at that time there weren't alot of PS3's) it wouldn't as sold as much if it didn't go multiplatform.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29116609/projected-vs-actual-sales-for-the-dmc-series?pg=1
#93lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 10:33:26 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Yeah I know...but games can be fun without this new age of companies believing "CoD is money, gotta dumb down a system and imitate off the fortune of another's success to bank on the causal gamer."

Gaming does have it's fair share of copy cats but in the end, it wasn't like this at all in the old days. Games had a simple premise in the old days...and the secrets that lay in them wowed the hell out of me in my young age. It seems like these companies don't even try to vie for originality because it's too RISKY and this is why this age of gaming sucked this generation.

Nearly all these games I played were just ps2 cut and paste mechanics in HD.
I don't give a f*** about high definition >.<

I just want to enjoy a solid game.

Its already been proven that mentality doesn't work for most games. Hell even clones of COD that tried it have failed miserably. I honestly think COD is some kind of aberration rather then some marker for a new industry.