People who say it's impossible to tell the difference between 30. and 60 fps.

#71pyro_buntaPosted 12/23/2012 8:15:08 AM
Detha posted...
Not only that, but both of those Sonic games are very bad and SA2 actually has a higher critical rating on all accounts.

He's literally wrong in comparing them in every possible way.

CoD vs Halo would be better. I think Halo is a better game than CoD. But even then, those games aren't very reliant on technical skill. So in the end, it would be better to compare fighting games - one with 60 fps vs one with 30 fps. I can't even think of one made at 30 fps, except this last JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and that was quoted by the creator as not being competitive.

Thankfully JoJo is blessed with fabulous artwork. Also can't wait to listen to MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDAMUDAMUDA and ORA ORA ORA ORAORAORA
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#72fioriPosted 12/23/2012 8:16:30 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
No. The fact that you linked a Sonic game to a Hack & Slash (DMC) regarding framerates is one of the stupidest things you brought up. It's a ****ing Sonic game. What does it have to do with a game like DMC?

You folk ***** about framerate all day.

I bring up an example where framerate did not make a ****ing difference in the QUALITY of the actual game.

You ignore it.

****ing typical of you guys at this point, really...

I'm a pro and I get what you're saying, but there is a flaw with your argument...

Sonic isn't a Hack & Slash game. Sonic doesn't have styles, doesn't have to perform a million stab and so on.

They're not saying there isn't a good 30fps game. There ARE good games with such engine, but according to them, DmC isn't one of them, considering all previous games did run at 60FPS.

So, I can understand both sides of the coin.

Seriously, I can't understand why couldn't make a 60fps DmC. It's nothing impossible. Even Capcom could have helped NT.
#73DethaPosted 12/23/2012 8:18:06 AM
NT insisted on using Unreal Engine, which runs at 30 fps on consoles on a good day.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#74pyro_buntaPosted 12/23/2012 8:23:47 AM
Detha posted...
NT insisted on using Unreal Engine, which runs at 30 fps on consoles on a good day.

No. It's just that Unreal is the only engine they know how to use.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#75DuuuDe14Posted 12/23/2012 8:24:06 AM
ITT: people like inferior things
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#76DethaPosted 12/23/2012 8:31:15 AM
That's why they insisted on it. They were offered Capcom's MT Framework engine, I believe.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#77SilentS89Posted 12/23/2012 8:58:55 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...

This, I can't take anyone seriously that supports 30 over 60 fps.

Its just math 30<60.

"I like inferior" Doesn't make it not inferior.

You pros must be trolling because this is an indefensible point to champion.

"People who say it's impossible to tell the difference between 30. and 60 fps."

This is just ignorance/blindness. If you legitimately can't tell the difference then you probably can't see well enough to even read my post, let alone play a hack and slash.

Why should this game be inferior to its predecessors just because Ninja Theory lacks the skill to use anything but Unreal Engine? If you are too unskilled to make a game even live up to its predecessors perhaps you aren't the proper choice to make a game in that franchise.

The best the pros can argue is that the game will be good in spite of this blatant inferiority.
#78SilentS89Posted 12/23/2012 8:59:37 AM
Not that DmC can reach a consistent 30fps anyway.
#79TaizukuPosted 12/23/2012 9:02:13 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...

More like, I just don't care. I play a ame to have fun, not fawn over graphics and frames. If the game plays without skipping frequently and glitching, and I have fun with it, that's good enough.

This isn't a fighting game, I don't give a **** about frames here.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#80DarthVashtiPosted 12/23/2012 9:05:15 AM
Taizuku posted...
I can tell the difference, but it's not different enough for me to give a ****.

This.