Raising the style meter quickly: did you all forget about DMC3?

#1AlexxShadenk777Posted 12/21/2012 11:57:34 PM(edited)
I'm kinda late to putting this up but really, it bothers me that some antis will use the argument that you can raise the meter up to SSS with just 3 attacks somehow makes it a worse game.

Did anyone else even play DMC3? You can do the same thing with just one: Jam Session. And you don't even need to time a "Perfect Evade" beforehand.
I was also going to include Crazy Roll, though it only reached SS when I recorded it, you'd only need to taunt once beforehand or catch one more enemy with it (I hit 3), but made it a point to include blocking Enigma arrows with Combo 2, which is also a perfect way to crank up the Style meter. And if you can't tell, Turbo mode is off for the sake of completion.

And also, I think everyone should remember Vergil's ability to spam Roundtrip, Judgement Cut and/or spam ground combos whilst spraying Summoned Swords. The poor meter doesn't even have a prayer to hope to ever lower even one rank ever again. And also full DTE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=6z0fux1mXvk

My advice? If you're going to bring up negative aspects about the gameplay in DmC, say something actually substancial. Which you actually can't, since the gameplay not only is as fluid and cancel-happy as DMC3, if not more, it makes DMC4 cry in the corner, which has such brilliant uncancellable and sluggish, watered down, incredibly nerfed moves like Fireworks, Air Fireworks, Gunstinger, Gilgamesh multikicks, the last kick of Combo A, can't jump/dash etc. while charging punches/kicks, can't do Rising Dragon without charging Beast Uppercut a whole level, Shocking!, Kick13, DT'd Kick13, Argument, Revenge, Grief, OMEN, and of course, the two Slash Dimensions.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#2Pesmerga255Posted 12/21/2012 11:56:33 PM
I love the people keep on forgetting that the main problem is that the style meter doesn't ****ing go down in this game.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3SSJ5_Goku-SanPosted 12/21/2012 11:58:11 PM
Welp, this isn't gonna end well.
#4BillysanPosted 12/21/2012 11:59:10 PM
Someone doesn't get it.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#5Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 12:00:22 AM
since the gameplay not only is as fluid and cancel-happy as DMC3, if not more

TC has no credibility.
---
#6AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:01:48 AM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...
I love the people keep on forgetting that the main problem is that the style meter doesn't ****ing go down in this game.

It didn't go down in DMC4 either except at SS and SSS, and even then it decayed incredibly slowly.

Pesmerga255 posted...
since the gameplay not only is as fluid and cancel-happy as DMC3, if not more

TC has no credibility.

I'm so glad you said that. Wait for it...
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#7Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 12:01:54 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

It didn't go down in DMC4 either except at SS and SSS, and even then it decayed incredibly slowly.

It still went down. You cant' deny that.
---
#8BillysanPosted 12/22/2012 12:07:48 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

No it always goes down and the higher you went the faster it fell.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#9StriderOWPosted 12/22/2012 12:11:57 AM
I'm kinda late to putting this up but really, it bothers me that some antis will use the argument that you can raise the meter up to SSS with just 3 attacks somehow makes it a worse game.

Did anyone else even play DMC3? You can do the same thing with just one: Jam Session. And you don't even need to time a "Perfect Evade" beforehand.
I was also going to include Crazy Roll, though it only reached SS when I recorded it, you'd only need to taunt once beforehand or catch one more enemy with it (I hit 3), but made it a point to include blocking Enigma arrows with Combo 2, which is also a perfect way to crank up the Style meter. And if you can't tell, Turbo mode is off for the sake of completion.

And also, I think everyone should remember Vergil's ability to spam Roundtrip, Judgement Cut and/or spam ground combos whilst spraying Summoned Swords. The poor meter doesn't even have a prayer to hope to ever lower even one rank ever again. And also full DTE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=6z0fux1mXvk

My advice? If you're going to bring up negative aspects about the gameplay in DmC, say something actually substancial. Which you actually can't, since the gameplay not only is as fluid and cancel-happy as DMC3, if not more, it makes DMC4 cry in the corner, which has such brilliant uncancellable and sluggish, watered down, incredibly nerfed moves like Fireworks, Air Fireworks, Gunstinger, Gilgamesh multikicks, the last kick of Combo A, can't jump/dash etc. while charging punches/kicks, can't do Rising Dragon without charging Beast Uppercut a whole level, Shocking!, Kick13, DT'd Kick13, Argument, Revenge, Grief, OMEN, and of course, the two Slash Dimensions.

Look how you are gaining your style meter in DMC3... You are hitting a big amount of enemies at the same time with jam session. When you hit a big amount of enemies then you style meter will raise VERY fast... Also you are parrying a lot of attacks with it as well which causes the same effects. Of course there are ways to raise the meter easily but these are setups/exploits. You can't really compare that to the way you can raise it in this new game.
#10Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 12:13:43 AM
You can easily get an SSS ranking in the Poison fight using only Arbiter's basic combo and making sure you wait a couple of seconds between uses.
---