Raising the style meter quickly: did you all forget about DMC3?

#21XDecimoXPosted 12/22/2012 3:00:18 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
XDecimoX posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
Play it again, because you're mistaken here. Each hit takes you down two ranks in DMC4, the jump from SSS to D was because Scarecrows have multiple attacks that hit you twice.

Guess you're right on that part. Considering S-SSS are on the same meter in that game, Getting hit sends you from SSS to B, which my memory must have mistaken for a D. My bad.

Nah. Odds are it was either the pirouette kick or the big two swing attack they have - Each hit will knock you down two ranks. You get hit by one, odds are you're eating the other. Also:

Actually it drops like 4-5 ranks.

Actually, it's weird in that it'll drop you from SSS to B or S to B. If you're in the S-rank echelon, it drops your ass to B because I dunno, DMC4.

Nah, like I was saying; S, SS, and SSS are all on the same meter. So when you get hit, you go down to B regardless of which S rank you're at, because it knocks you down two meters, and not two ranks.
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#22Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 3:00:59 AM
SADISTIC!!!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#23Psychochild27Posted 12/22/2012 3:08:42 AM(edited)

Actually, it's weird in that it'll drop you from SSS to B or S to B. If you're in the S-rank echelon, it drops your ass to B because I dunno, DMC4.

Nah, like I was saying; S, SS, and SSS are all on the same meter. So when you get hit, you go down to B regardless of which S rank you're at, because it knocks you down two meters, and not two ranks.

Yes. In DMC4. Which is why I keep saying you could very well have gone from SSS to D in two hits. S-SSS (4x multiplier). B(2x). D(1x). When I addressed Alexx's comment, I was talking about DmC. However, S, SS and SSS are separate meters in DmC which reward a x6, x7 and x8 style multiplier, all of them default to B (4x) upon being hit.
#24TearsfoUniversePosted 12/22/2012 3:07:22 AM
XDecimoX posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
XDecimoX posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
Play it again, because you're mistaken here. Each hit takes you down two ranks in DMC4, the jump from SSS to D was because Scarecrows have multiple attacks that hit you twice.

Guess you're right on that part. Considering S-SSS are on the same meter in that game, Getting hit sends you from SSS to B, which my memory must have mistaken for a D. My bad.

Nah. Odds are it was either the pirouette kick or the big two swing attack they have - Each hit will knock you down two ranks. You get hit by one, odds are you're eating the other. Also:

that also happened in DMC3 from what I remember didn't matter what S you were on it would drop to B and DMC3 and 4 dropped two every time you take a hit
---
Can't keep a good man down
Proud member of the MechWarrior Online Beta
#25Psychochild27Posted 12/22/2012 3:13:19 AM(edited)

that also happened in DMC3 from what I remember didn't matter what S you were on it would drop to B and DMC3 and 4 dropped two every time you take a hit

But did DMC3 have separate multipliers for the S-SSS ranks, or was it all for the benefit of the orb drops from enemy deaths and easier Crazy Combo inputs at that point (Granted, Orb Ranking still sorta meant something in DMC3 with combat performance, but still)?
#26TearsfoUniversePosted 12/22/2012 3:12:35 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

But did DMC3 have separate multipliers for higher ranks, or was it all for the benefit of the orb drops from enemy deaths at that point?

yes it was seperate, that and higher rank for mission score
---
Can't keep a good man down
Proud member of the MechWarrior Online Beta
#27Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 3:16:14 AM
I wonder if TC realises that his fanboyism won't change the opinions of anybody else on the board no matter how hard he tries.
---
#28pyro_buntaPosted 12/22/2012 3:40:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29Pesmerga255Posted 12/22/2012 3:42:43 AM
Yup. The pros sure love to nitpick, don't they?
---
#30StravaccaPosted 12/22/2012 4:36:27 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Is it just me, or the DmC defending topics is getting even more r*****ed the more things they show us?

No, the quality of the DmC boards have been the same from day one. Which means, full of crap.

That said, I'm gonna side with Alexx. The only person I can trust in the middle of sheeps.
---
Unreal - UBerserker