Raising the style meter quickly: did you all forget about DMC3?

#41TaizukuPosted 12/22/2012 6:39:36 AM
antking61 posted...
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
It didn't go down in DMC4 either except at SS and SSS, and even then it decayed incredibly slowly.

I love how you're just making s*** up.

He's actually not. The meter went down stupid slow in DMC4, you had plenty of time to do whatever you wanted. And it didn't really go all the way down unless you got hit or stood idle for like 5 minutes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#42Vault_ZeroPosted 12/22/2012 6:40:14 AM
antking61 posted...
It didn't go down in DMC4 either except at SS and SSS, and even then it decayed incredibly slowly.

He's right actually.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#43_Uwye_Posted 12/22/2012 6:42:54 AM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
He proves EVERYONE wrong.

Are we talking of the same person?

Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...

He's actually not. The meter went down stupid slow in DMC4, you had plenty of time to do whatever you wanted. And it didn't really go all the way down unless you got hit or stood idle for like 5 minutes.

The S-SSS meter went down two or three times faster than the D-A meter.
#44PineappleFistPosted 12/22/2012 6:42:23 AM
You people can take your double standard and shove it straight up your ass.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#45QCTeamkillPosted 12/22/2012 6:43:16 AM
Nice video Alex.

I don't condone comparing gameplay from DMC3 to DmC, especially when it stresses the negative.

I said it when DMC3 released, I persist and sign: Nevan was a stupid idea that should have died on the drawing board.
#46TheDromaderPosted 12/22/2012 6:45:13 AM(edited)
QCTeamkill posted...

Nevan was a stupid idea that should have died on the drawing board.

How dare you say that to me...
#47TaizukuPosted 12/22/2012 6:45:04 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
Taizuku posted...
He proves EVERYONE wrong.

Are we talking of the same person?

Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...

The S-SSS meter went down two or three times faster than the D-A meter.

That's not saying much.
---
#48TaizukuPosted 12/22/2012 6:45:25 AM
PineappleFist posted...
You people can take your double standard and shove it straight up your ass.

---
#49AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 6:49:26 AM
If you're talking about DmC, you're either completely wrong, or it's based on damage, 'cause I just tested it, and it went from S to B. Two ranks.

I was talking about DMC3. IIRC getting hit at SSS drops the rank to C.

Point isn't valid, in dmc you gett SSS with single hit of arbiter. Fail.

Actually the Arbiter slash hits thrice, not once. gg
And where is it not valid? Still doesn't change the fact that Jam Session is a single attack that does not require a setup to raise the meter in about the same amount of time, not to mention it has far greater range in all directions and once it reaches SSS, it can actually last a very long time compared to a single Arbiter swing.

I wonder if TC realises that his fanboyism won't change the opinions of anybody else on the board no matter how hard he tries.

If you're talking about my fanboyism for facts, then thanks for pointing that out. Otherwise, please direct your forehead to the nearest wall a few dozen times as hard as you can.

Jam Session has a longer attack animation than Tremor, a long un-cancellable animation if you pull it off to the end, has a shorter range, needs to hit 10 times (if not more) to raise to SSS compared to two-three hits of Tremor, and the Style Meter actually drops down. Yeah, totally the same. Ever heard of context?

1 - It sure does, therefore it raises the meter even more effectively.
2 - It's cancellable till the finisher, you can jump/sideroll/block/dash at any time before that last chord is struck. As I demonstrated, after hitting SSS you can simply get out of it and do other things freely.
3 - The amount of its does not matter, as pretty much any and all lesser enemies trapped in the attack, barring Greeds and a few others, will be stunlocked, completely unable to move, let alone attack.
4 - Decaying meter is irrelevant to anyone perfectly capable of maintaining it.
5 - Have you ever heard of context?

TC sounds like an objective person discussing game mechanics, hardly a fanboy I'd award that title to the antis.

Thank you, really, I love to read smart posts such as this every now and then.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#50pyro_buntaPosted 12/22/2012 6:54:16 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Nice video Alex.

I don't condone comparing gameplay from DMC3 to DmC, especially when it stresses the negative.

I said it when DMC3 released, I persist and sign: Nevan was a stupid idea that should have died on the drawing board.

Nevan made DMC3 absolutely crazy. No wonder you like DmC. You don't like crazy.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865