Raising the style meter quickly: did you all forget about DMC3?

#51AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 8:04:10 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Nice video Alex.

I don't condone comparing gameplay from DMC3 to DmC, especially when it stresses the negative.

I said it when DMC3 released, I persist and sign: Nevan was a stupid idea that should have died on the drawing board.

Nevan made DMC3 absolutely crazy. No wonder you like DmC. You don't like crazy.

Nevan... is a succubus soul turned into a guitar, which houses a scythe blade inside it, summons flocks of bats made of electricity, and is the most useful secondary Devil Arm in the game. Stupid? More like absolutely brilliant. By simply being in the game, DMC3 is 500% better by default.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#52PineappleFistPosted 12/22/2012 8:06:10 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Nice video Alex.

I don't condone comparing gameplay from DMC3 to DmC, especially when it stresses the negative.

I said it when DMC3 released, I persist and sign: Nevan was a stupid idea that should have died on the drawing board.

Nevan... is a succubus soul turned into a guitar, which houses a scythe blade inside it, summons flocks of bats made of electricity, and is the most useful secondary Devil Arm in the game. Stupid? More like absolutely brilliant. By simply being in the game, DMC3 is 500% better by default.

I'm playing through DMC3 again in the HD collection and I was wondering, what's the best way to use Nevan? I've always liked it, but I can't seem to use it in any practical manner. I just kinda... mash with it I guess. It's much different than the rest of the weapons in the game.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#53QCTeamkillPosted 12/22/2012 8:14:37 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Nice video Alex.

Granted, I like weapon designs to be less magical, more practical. I like NG2 weapons and moves more than anything else so far.

That said, pandora is an awesome magical weapon.
#54AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 8:19:17 AM
PineappleFist posted...
I'm playing through DMC3 again in the HD collection and I was wondering, what's the best way to use Nevan? I've always liked it, but I can't seem to use it in any practical manner. I just kinda... mash with it I guess. It's much different than the rest of the weapons in the game.

The most basic use of Nevan is to keep summoning bats over and over to protect Dante from Enigma arrows and incoming Bloodgoyles; Air Play can offer just about the same amount of protection if you happen to jump toward the same enemies if you're feeling too vulnerable. Jam Session is the ultimate crowd-trapping move, having a wide circular and fairly tall vertical range (if any enemy happens to jump toward you, they're immediately juggled),
Reverb Shock is easily one of the best moves in the game (it's actually hard to not spam it when starting to use it, give it a go), and Air Slash is a solid attack to JC on grounded enemies, especially Greeds, and when switch/jump-cancelled into The Hammer repeatedly can do wonders on several bosses such as Cerberus, Geryon, Leviathan Heart Core, Beowulf, etc.
You should also play around juggling launched enemies (via Reverb Shock, Bat Rift, or any other launcher) with Feedback > Crazy Roll or Jam Session. While in Air Raid, you can shoot enemies through walls with Lightning, and Vortex offers you some i-frames so you can thrust through enemies somewhat safely with it, just gotta time it right.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#55hoagie727Posted 12/22/2012 9:19:41 AM
The TC is a well respected player in the DMC world and he deserves much more respect then some of these responses.

If you disagree with him that's fine but how about showing an ounce of maturity in your responses.

Not all but some of you antis are coming off as childish trolls.

If you have an argument against TC respond with a mature valid point or get out of the topic.
#56PineappleFistPosted 12/22/2012 9:26:08 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
PineappleFist posted...

The most basic use of Nevan is to keep summoning bats over and over to protect Dante from Enigma arrows and incoming Bloodgoyles; Air Play can offer just about the same amount of protection if you happen to jump toward the same enemies if you're feeling too vulnerable. Jam Session is the ultimate crowd-trapping move, having a wide circular and fairly tall vertical range (if any enemy happens to jump toward you, they're immediately juggled),
Reverb Shock is easily one of the best moves in the game (it's actually hard to not spam it when starting to use it, give it a go), and Air Slash is a solid attack to JC on grounded enemies, especially Greeds, and when switch/jump-cancelled into The Hammer repeatedly can do wonders on several bosses such as Cerberus, Geryon, Leviathan Heart Core, Beowulf, etc.
You should also play around juggling launched enemies (via Reverb Shock, Bat Rift, or any other launcher) with Feedback > Crazy Roll or Jam Session. While in Air Raid, you can shoot enemies through walls with Lightning, and Vortex offers you some i-frames so you can thrust through enemies somewhat safely with it, just gotta time it right.

Thank you so much. I've always liked it's design but I never really understood what it's use was above something like Agni and Rudra or Beowulf.
---
Punk's Not Dead
#57Sephivengeance9Posted 12/22/2012 9:40:44 AM
You could very easily argue the same case for every Crazy Combo in DMC3, the style meter gain was absolutely insane on every single one of those moves due to the multi-hitting properties that each one had and the large potential for crowd control that they all possessed, Agni & Rudra are another DA that emphasizes this, though, it is just a bit more situational than Nevan's Jam Session was/is.

Though, I don't really recall them being all that effective in DMD mode, I haven't played properly in a fair while anyway, so, take that as you will.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#58PineappleFistPosted 12/22/2012 9:43:59 AM(edited)
Sephivengeance9 posted...
You could very easily argue the same case for every Crazy Combo in DMC3, the style meter gain was absolutely insane on every single one of those moves due to the multi-hitting properties that each one had and the large potential for crowd control that they all possessed, Agni & Rudra are another DA that emphasizes this, though, it is just a bit more situational than Nevan's Jam Session was/is.

Though, I don't really recall them being all that effective in DMD mode, I haven't played properly in a fair while anyway, so, take that as you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2o4kQgn8g
Look how easily he nets a SSS at about the 00:11 mark.
---
Punk's Not Dead
#59produnerPosted 12/22/2012 9:44:02 AM
so lets assume that dmc 3 had a flaw and a broken Style meter, why is this reboot, the 2012 game that is replacing the 2005 game having the same drawback/flaw ? you are blindly defending this game and hating on the previous games , you don't even have an argument here you are justifying this games incompetency with the previous old games that got a reboot , which increased the problems with the franchise . to sum it up you are playing who's right and wrong game, well this game sucks and its a fact , FACE IT.
#60testament067Posted 12/22/2012 9:45:56 AM
produner posted...
so lets assume that dmc 3 had a flaw and a broken Style meter, why is this reboot, the 2012 game that is replacing the 2005 game having the same drawback/flaw ? you are blindly defending this game and hating on the previous games , you don't even have an argument here you are justifying this games incompetency with the previous old games that got a reboot , which increased the problems with the franchise . to sum it up you are playing who's right and wrong game, well this game sucks and its a fact , FACE IT.

oh geez...lol
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqEDyEaHDk