Raising the style meter quickly: did you all forget about DMC3?

#61produnerPosted 12/22/2012 9:49:25 AM
hoagie727 posted...
The TC is a well respected player in the DMC world and he deserves much more respect then some of these responses.

If you disagree with him that's fine but how about showing an ounce of maturity in your responses.

Not all but some of you antis are coming off as childish trolls.

If you have an argument against TC respond with a mature valid point or get out of the topic.

The whole post and your comment are off point, you are the childish troll and TC brought up this topic in an offending way. Also antis? seriously you guys are the real antis of the previous games, people are trying to address problems and you guys respond by bashing the old games and justifying things in an absurd way.
#62hoagie727Posted 12/22/2012 10:02:31 AM
I love the old games.

And how are you "addressing problems"?

To me addressing problems is when you point out a flaw so that i gets fixed.

This game is done and the things you don't like about it will not be fixed.

You are not addressing problems, you are whining.
#63produnerPosted 12/22/2012 10:09:59 AM
hoagie727 posted...
I love the old games.

And how are you "addressing problems"?

To me addressing problems is when you point out a flaw so that i gets fixed.

This game is done and the things you don't like about it will not be fixed.

You are not addressing problems, you are whining.

your comment should be in a dictionary, it should be the definition of contradiction. LOL
about fixing problems check tameem's twitter.
#64OrangeSchweesePosted 12/22/2012 10:43:36 AM(edited)
produner posted...
Also antis? seriously you guys are the real antis of the previous games, people are trying to address problems and you guys respond by bashing the old games and justifying things in an absurd way.

I liked the older games, and I like this for what it is: A western-style action game that's admittedly been casualized but still manages to be entertaining.

The Anti's are the ones who think everything about it is horrible and hate Tameem like it's their job. I guess I should also add that some of them will hate you for liking it, so that's kinda obnoxious.
#65produnerPosted 12/22/2012 11:04:45 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
produner posted...
Also antis? seriously you guys are the real antis of the previous games, people are trying to address problems and you guys respond by bashing the old games and justifying things in an absurd way.

I liked the older games, and I like this for what it is: A western-style action game that's admittedly been casualized but still manages to be entertaining.

The Anti's are the ones who think everything about it is horrible and hate Tameem like it's their job. I guess I should also add that some of them will hate you for liking it, so that's kinda obnoxious.

The anti's are overdoing it and they are going off point, though their concerns and hate for the game can be justified with the quality of this game. Everyone probably knew that the game is going to be average at best . yes its fun and it has some core DMC elements that made the original game stand out but its done horribly, simply the reboot was not required and it didn't move the series forward.

The "factions" thing about anti's and pros is silly , though from observations and deducing things from this topic , supporters of this game and pros are defending the game blindly and bashing the old games and anti's are being emotional and forcing people to be on their side.

personally i gave the game a chance, i hated it since the trailer but i decided to give it a chance by playing the demo. it was fun at first then it got on my nerves with the mediocre combat and other things like the whole feeling and style of the game and i decided to avoid the game , but recently when i saw the sex scene i decided that i will never get the game. not even pirate it LOL .
#66AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:15:14 PM
produner posted...
so lets assume that dmc 3 had a flaw and a broken Style meter, why is this reboot, the 2012 game that is replacing the 2005 game having the same drawback/flaw ? you are blindly defending this game and hating on the previous games , you don't even have an argument here you are justifying this games incompetency with the previous old games that got a reboot , which increased the problems with the franchise . to sum it up you are playing who's right and wrong game, well this game sucks and its a fact , FACE IT.

They said they were gonna try to keep the combat somewhat similar to DMC3. While it's nowhere the same level of depth, you can definitely see they actually did attempt it and did succeed a little.

I'm not blindly defending the game. I'm not even defending the game for real, because I'm not going to buy it. I'm merely showing that the Style meter can be raised as effortlessly as possible in what's widely considered to be the best game in the series, but once this reboot allows essentially the same thing, it's suddenly bad and wrong and "it's just not Devil May Cry." That's flat out hypocritical and biased. I'm simply objectively pointing that out and I never said I hate it in either game. It's not even a real flaw to me, you SHOULD be allowed to raise the Style meter quickly in some way or another. You could do it in DMC4 too with a simple Distorted Real Impact, though to be honest I don't remember anymore if it raised the meter all the way, but because it hits multiple times, I'm pretty sure it does if you catch more than one enemy with it.

If you think it sucks, that's your problem, meanwhile I will sit here and stare at all the similarities it shares with DMC3, which in my eyes proves the game isn't bad at all. Any game of this kind that comes even remotely close to pulling this off is instantly acceptable -- in terms of gameplay only, that is. Reminds me of Bayonetta, which was basically a "clone" of DMC3's core gameplay, but ultimately was simply far too unappealing audiovisually for me to play anywhere beyond the demo version. For what it's worth, DmC's character, enemy and level designs actually look decent compared to that atrocity. But is it ultimately a bad game? No.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#67produnerPosted 12/22/2012 12:34:12 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
produner posted...
so lets assume that dmc 3 had a flaw and a broken Style meter, why is this reboot, the 2012 game that is replacing the 2005 game having the same drawback/flaw ? you are blindly defending this game and hating on the previous games , you don't even have an argument here you are justifying this games incompetency with the previous old games that got a reboot , which increased the problems with the franchise . to sum it up you are playing who's right and wrong game, well this game sucks and its a fact , FACE IT.

They said they were gonna try to keep the combat somewhat similar to DMC3. While it's nowhere the same level of depth, you can definitely see they actually did attempt it and did succeed a little.

I'm not blindly defending the game. I'm not even defending the game for real, because I'm not going to buy it. I'm merely showing that the Style meter can be raised as effortlessly as possible in what's widely considered to be the best game in the series, but once this reboot allows essentially the same thing, it's suddenly bad and wrong and "it's just not Devil May Cry." That's flat out hypocritical and biased. I'm simply objectively pointing that out and I never said I hate it in either game. It's not even a real flaw to me, you SHOULD be allowed to raise the Style meter quickly in some way or another. You could do it in DMC4 too with a simple Distorted Real Impact, though to be honest I don't remember anymore if it raised the meter all the way, but because it hits multiple times, I'm pretty sure it does if you catch more than one enemy with it.

If you think it sucks, that's your problem, meanwhile I will sit here and stare at all the similarities it shares with DMC3, which in my eyes proves the game isn't bad at all. Any game of this kind that comes even remotely close to pulling this off is instantly acceptable -- in terms of gameplay only, that is. Reminds me of Bayonetta, which was basically a "clone" of DMC3's core gameplay, but ultimately was simply far too unappealing audiovisually for me to play anywhere beyond the demo version. For what it's worth, DmC's character, enemy and level designs actually look decent compared to that atrocity. But is it ultimately a bad game? No.

the style meter thing is silly there are many exploits to raise it like in dmc 4 use a charged drive on lined enemies.

about the game being fine... yes its fun but why the downgrade? also claiming that the game suck was objective. The game has performance problems. The style doesn't fit/ done poorly like mixing the punk neon thing or what its called with demons and politics, it sounds like someone ( Tameem lol) had an idea of presenting real world problems in the game and it would be perfect, sounded good in paper but done horribly; seriously how can they make the game so similar to the real world? its better to make some engross their imagination in a different world rather than that stupid fox news and politicians references. The game is lacking in many aspects and NT is a limited developer with little experience compared to capcom who is probably the largest and the oldest game publisher and developer. They literally started genres in video games.

I don't want NT to fail but this reboot thing shouldn't have happened in the first place, its probably a plot by capcom to stall on making DMC and to get $$.
#68AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 1:28:49 PM
You know I think I just had an epiphany about the setting of this "real world" crap.

It just seems like Tameem simply had a vague idea of what he's written is actually like in the real world, but failed to do any proper research or even watch the news even once before sitting down and writing something about it with characters very loosely based on Devil May Cry's, much like an ignorant teenaged fanfic writer. I'm pretty sure that if he even knew who Barack Obama is, he would've made Mundus black. Because, you know, this is a Shakesperean work of art for adults.

For that matter, those pictures of Mundus shaking hands with politicians or whoever the hell they were looked silly. Like some sort of parody you'd see in some joke episode in a sitcom. Imagine a picture of Cosmo Kramer shaking hands with Kim Jong-Il, that's what I'm talking about.
---
#69produnerPosted 12/22/2012 1:56:22 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
You know I think I just had an epiphany about the setting of this "real world" crap.

It just seems like Tameem simply had a vague idea of what he's written is actually like in the real world, but failed to do any proper research or even watch the news even once before sitting down and writing something about it with characters very loosely based on Devil May Cry's, much like an ignorant teenaged fanfic writer. I'm pretty sure that if he even knew who Barack Obama is, he would've made Mundus black. Because, you know, this is a Shakesperean work of art for adults.

For that matter, those pictures of Mundus shaking hands with politicians or whoever the hell they were looked silly. Like some sort of parody you'd see in some joke episode in a sitcom. Imagine a picture of Cosmo Kramer shaking hands with Kim Jong-Il, that's what I'm talking about.

i don't believe that he did that crap in a video game, not any video game, its dmc where we had that all that gothic dark style, contradiction of light and dark, rebellious demons and that power hungry half human half demon seeking his demon legacy, driven by his past where his mother was killed infront of the powerless half demon.
I don't understand why would any sane person replace that theme and symbolism with something direct and crappy, in art and literature new world and environment is introduced as symbols to real life things. This game literally had real world , direct references in them ; its absurd in every possible way not just in gaming , its more likely half assed ,tastless and lazy storyline made by some narcissist idiot that is full of himself.

you know whats really better? Tameem and some still defend this crap even if you point out how absurd it is, and what ever is your motive wither to help improve the game or bash it , they will still offend you and brush off while thinking that its "the good thing" to do . well ignorance is anyone's downfall.

imagine that tameem is doing this on purpose to create controversy and use it to market the game ?LOL i think that the whole idea of this game is a marketing plot and people that give a **** about gaming are getting trolled.
#70AlexxShadenk777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 2:07:58 PM
No, it's not a marketting plot, Capcom is simply one of the most stupid companies of this age, and Tameem has said before in interviews that he flat out does not care if the game's successful at all.
---