So guys, what's the worst game you've played all year?

#11m100t8sPosted 12/22/2012 8:57:58 AM
antking61 posted...
m100t8s posted...
Operation Racoon City
Probably the worst game I ever played in this gen. I almost forgot about it being existed until you made this topic.

You must not have played Hunted: The Demon Forge or Vampire Rain.

lol never played them xD.
#12PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 8:59:18 AM
@Hunter1534
Yeah, if you notice, there are these black bars on both the top and bottom of the screen. Sort of like watching and old wide-screen VHS on a non wide-screen TV. They did this to reduce the amount of the world that had to be rendered, I believe.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29147345/please-fix-dragons-dogma

@antking61
Yes, for a first attempt they really nailed it. Dat Hideaki Itsuno.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#13antking61Posted 12/22/2012 9:01:57 AM
m100t8s posted...

Count your blessings. I'm just glad I never paid for them. Thank you Gamefly and friends who buy everything that comes out. XXXD

PineappleFist posted...
@antking61

Damn right! I can't wait to see Dark Arisen and I hope they let Itsuno make the Fighting Game he wanted to.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#14PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 9:05:38 AM
antking61 posted...
m100t8s posted...

Count your blessings. I'm just glad I never paid for them. Thank you Gamefly and friends who buy everything that comes out. XXXD

PineappleFist posted...
@antking61

Damn right! I can't wait to see Dark Arisen and I hope they let Itsuno make the Fighting Game he wanted to.

He's like the only talented guy left at Capcom. They better pay him well or they might lose him too!

I can't even imagine directing a new IP (a feat in and of itself in 2012) while flying my ass half way across the world once a month to help work on another title. It must've been rough.
---
Punk's Not Dead
#15m100t8sPosted 12/22/2012 9:08:21 AM
Man, Hideaki Itsuno is like the only guy who left for Capcom.
#16KatanaYamato00Posted 12/22/2012 9:10:07 AM
PineappleFist posted...
We don't have much else to talk about, so what have my fellow DMC fans played this year that they just couldn't stand?

I'll start off the volley with Operation Racoon City and Darksiders 2.

Just curious. Why Darksiders 2?

I think its one of the best games of the year.
#17antking61Posted 12/22/2012 9:12:09 AM
PineappleFist posted...
He's like the only talented guy left at Capcom. They better pay him well or they might lose him too!

I can't even imagine directing a new IP (a feat in and of itself in 2012) while flying my ass half way across the world once a month to help work on another title. It must've been rough.

If memory serves Glenn Quinn was filming Rosanne in the states half the week and Covington Cross the other half in England so if you wanna talk about 1 hell of a commute to work...
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#18PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 9:21:56 AM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
PineappleFist posted...
We don't have much else to talk about, so what have my fellow DMC fans played this year that they just couldn't stand?

Oh boy, where to start?

Well, first up, was the fact that they changed the whole dynamic of the game. The first release was a great Zelda Clone. I loved how they wokred in all the elements of a traditional Zelda game, but gave them this cool Apocalyptic twist. The combat in the game left a lot to be desired, but it was still fun and challenging, and you could do some neat looking stuff if you tried.

In the second game, they scrapped nearly all of what made the first game so great. They abanoned the Zelda stlye progression but kept the dungeons (weird). They shoe horned an open world into one half of the game, then decided to **** off with that idea and beeline the rest.

The combat was bereft of almost all life with enemies falling out of range of nearly all your attacks while airborne or simply dying to quickly everywhere else. The game also lost all of its color as well.

I really could go on for ages. To me, when Joe Mad left the studio, that was my sign that I was right about DS 2.
---
Punk's Not Dead
#19BlackSheepWallsPosted 12/22/2012 9:31:34 AM
Definitly RE6, the Leon campaign was okay, but the rest was unplayable. I played it splitscreen because nearly every game is fun splitscreen, but not even that could save RE6.
I would even say it is the worst game I played this generation.
#20KatanaYamato00Posted 12/22/2012 9:31:48 AM
PineappleFist posted...
KatanaYamato00 posted...
PineappleFist posted...

Oh boy, where to start?

Well, first up, was the fact that they changed the whole dynamic of the game. The first release was a great Zelda Clone. I loved how they wokred in all the elements of a traditional Zelda game, but gave them this cool Apocalyptic twist. The combat in the game left a lot to be desired, but it was still fun and challenging, and you could do some neat looking stuff if you tried.

In the second game, they scrapped nearly all of what made the first game so great. They abanoned the Zelda stlye progression but kept the dungeons (weird). They shoe horned an open world into one half of the game, then decided to **** off with that idea and beeline the rest.

The combat was bereft of almost all life with enemies falling out of range of nearly all your attacks while airborne or simply dying to quickly everywhere else. The game also lost all of its color as well.

I really could go on for ages. To me, when Joe Mad left the studio, that was my sign that I was right about DS 2.

I see. Well, i think the game was too overly ambitious for a small dev like Vigil. But i don't think any of the things you listed were so bad really. Sure some parts of the game were boring (one of my peeves wth the game is the subpar story compared to the first and the endless fetch quest and annoying useless loot and also the text being so small) and Death wasn't such an engaging protagonist as War. He had potential to be alot better,but i always had the feeling he was just too go-with-the-flow that he was just some errand boy (funny since in game he comments that he doesn't want to be people's errand boy but that's what he eventually is). But again, i think with Vigil trying to shoehorn alot of these useless loot and making the game too large rather then concise kinda hurt the game a lil.

I think what also hurt the game was alot of glitches it had (i played it on PS3). I've never been so frustrated with glitches since...ever. I can only compare this to Bayonetta's long loading times, but that eventually got fixed. I think that's what also make me hate the game sometimes, cause i had to do a hard reset that eventually my 40gb PS3 got the YLoD. I think it was a big contributor to that, but for some reason i still don't hate the game. I still like it even though its not perfect and it wasn't as good as the first one. But hopefully the franchise won't die out with THQ closing. I also wish Joe Mad didn't leave, but i think he already made concepts of Fury and Strife so i think Vigil doesn't have much to worry about.