So guys, what's the worst game you've played all year?

#21OrangeSchweesePosted 12/22/2012 9:32:17 AM
ORC, hands down. I can't believe all the fanboy rage I've seen at reviewers for giving it bad scores. It's horrible.
#22QCTeamkillPosted 12/22/2012 9:38:16 AM
That transformers game a friend gave me was very bad. action wise... ng3.
#23PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 9:39:38 AM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
PineappleFist posted...
KatanaYamato00 posted...
PineappleFist posted...
We don't have much else to talk about, so what have my fellow DMC fans played this year that they just couldn't stand?

I'll start off the volley with Operation Racoon City and Darksiders 2.

Just curious. Why Darksiders 2?

I think its one of the best games of the year.

Oh boy, where to start?

Well, first up, was the fact that they changed the whole dynamic of the game. The first release was a great Zelda Clone. I loved how they wokred in all the elements of a traditional Zelda game, but gave them this cool Apocalyptic twist. The combat in the game left a lot to be desired, but it was still fun and challenging, and you could do some neat looking stuff if you tried.

In the second game, they scrapped nearly all of what made the first game so great. They abanoned the Zelda stlye progression but kept the dungeons (weird). They shoe horned an open world into one half of the game, then decided to **** off with that idea and beeline the rest.

The combat was bereft of almost all life with enemies falling out of range of nearly all your attacks while airborne or simply dying to quickly everywhere else. The game also lost all of its color as well.

I really could go on for ages. To me, when Joe Mad left the studio, that was my sign that I was right about DS 2.

I see. Well, i think the game was too overly ambitious for a small dev like Vigil. But i don't think any of the things you listed were so bad really. Sure some parts of the game were boring (one of my peeves wth the game is the subpar story compared to the first and the endless fetch quest and annoying useless loot and also the text being so small) and Death wasn't such an engaging protagonist as War. He had potential to be alot better,but i always had the feeling he was just too go-with-the-flow that he was just some errand boy (funny since in game he comments that he doesn't want to be people's errand boy but that's what he eventually is). But again, i think with Vigil trying to shoehorn alot of these useless loot and making the game too large rather then concise kinda hurt the game a lil.

I think what also hurt the game was alot of glitches it had (i played it on PS3). I've never been so frustrated with glitches since...ever. I can only compare this to Bayonetta's long loading times, but that eventually got fixed. I think that's what also make me hate the game sometimes, cause i had to do a hard reset that eventually my 40gb PS3 got the YLoD. I think it was a big contributor to that, but for some reason i still don't hate the game. I still like it even though its not perfect and it wasn't as good as the first one. But hopefully the franchise won't die out with THQ closing. I also wish Joe Mad didn't leave, but i think he already made concepts of Fury and Strife so i think Vigil doesn't have much to worry about.

I agree that the game was perhaps to ambitious. I also think the closing of THQ probably had some kind of effect on the development of the title. I'd really hate to see the series die off however as one bad game doesn't ruin a series. I've heard word that Ubisoft might be looking to purchase their assets. I'm not sure how you feel about that, but I think Ubisoft would take much better care of Vigil than THQ ever could.

>_> I kinda love Ubisoft.

*Stares lovingly at Far Cry 3*
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#24RichterB17Posted 12/22/2012 9:39:53 AM
Lollipop Chainsaw
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#25Psychochild27Posted 12/22/2012 9:40:20 AM
PineappleFist posted...
KatanaYamato00 posted...
PineappleFist posted...
We don't have much else to talk about, so what have my fellow DMC fans played this year that they just couldn't stand?

I'll start off the volley with Operation Racoon City and Darksiders 2.

Just curious. Why Darksiders 2?

I think its one of the best games of the year.

Oh boy, where to start?

Well, first up, was the fact that they changed the whole dynamic of the game. The first release was a great Zelda Clone. I loved how they wokred in all the elements of a traditional Zelda game, but gave them this cool Apocalyptic twist. The combat in the game left a lot to be desired, but it was still fun and challenging, and you could do some neat looking stuff if you tried.

In the second game, they scrapped nearly all of what made the first game so great. They abanoned the Zelda stlye progression but kept the dungeons (weird). They shoe horned an open world into one half of the game, then decided to **** off with that idea and beeline the rest.

The combat was bereft of almost all life with enemies falling out of range of nearly all your attacks while airborne or simply dying to quickly everywhere else. The game also lost all of its color as well.

I really could go on for ages. To me, when Joe Mad left the studio, that was my sign that I was right about DS 2.

Pretty much all of this. I respect them for being bold enough to completely reinvent how the character plays and adding simple talent trees to the mix, but man did Death just feel unpleasant to play in comparison to War. Guns looked and felt bad. War's sub-weapons were interesting and they looked really cool to charge across a field and start hammering the ground to send things flying while Death's were just... ehhhhhhhhhh.

I'm curious to see what they'd do with Strife if a third game comes around.
#26PhaildPosted 12/22/2012 9:44:22 AM
Haven't played any bad games this year.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#27PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 9:44:38 AM
I forgot to mention how much I hated the concept of loot being applied to a game like Darksiders.I also hated how they never really told you what the hell the stats were supposed to stadn for. Is the Scythe I'm wielding better because it has high strength, or is the one in my inventory better because it deals 10-20 points of garsplooking per nordink? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Also, tiny nitpick, God Damn the menus are awful. I hate slow, chuggy menus.
---
Punk's Not Dead
#28DuuuDe14Posted 12/22/2012 9:45:47 AM
Literally played ORC for 5 minutes on easy. Felt the sluggish sensitivity and the bullet sponge enemies. Turn off the console and handed the disc back to the manager
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#29KatanaYamato00Posted 12/22/2012 9:47:26 AM
PineappleFist

Yeah i agree with you. THQ really banked way too much on this game, on a genre that isn't that popular in the west. And alot of elements of the game do feel rush (especially the Quality Assurance).

I've never played a Ubisoft game to be honest (unless Just Dance counts). But i have no problem with them.

I'm not into FPS games but i really do like that Vaas guy. Too bad the game didn't show him alot...
#30PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 9:50:09 AM
Alright, you know what? I'm going to go out on a limb here and post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5QoFmYaQaQ

This is one reason why I love Ubisoft. I am so excited for this damn game!!!
---
Punk's Not Dead