Random Mechanic I Thought Of

#1GoldsicklePosted 12/23/2012 9:22:29 AM
When you're not locked on, your attacks are wide, spinning, horizontal swings in an attempt to slash multiple enemies around you.

If you're locked on to the enemy, your attacks becomes more focused, like thrusts and overhead slashes, to maximize damage on single targets.

In past DMC games, there are "combo 1" and "combo 2", which varies between focusing on one enemy or the enemies around you.
I was thinking that combo changes depending on whether you're locked on or not.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2SilentS89Posted 12/23/2012 9:24:30 AM
Sound logical to me, I hope somebody with a better grasp of mechanics than myself gives you some input.
#3geneocidePosted 12/23/2012 9:27:04 AM
Its auto lock. You are always locked on in this.

If you mean real DMC I say no. I think tap tap pause tap tap tap is fine. And has anyone noticed that even Etnads move inputs are the same as Neros?
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#4Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 9:30:30 AM
geneocide posted...

Past DMCs also have an auto-lock, in addition to a "hard" lock-on.

If combo changes whether you're locked on or not, then adding delayed button presses would further increase the variety of combos you can do.
---
#5geneocidePosted 12/23/2012 9:33:40 AM
Goldsickle posted...
geneocide posted...

Past DMCs also have an auto-lock, in addition to a "hard" lock-on.

If combo changes whether you're locked on or not, then adding delayed button presses would further increase the variety of combos you can do.

I am saying you can't manually lock in this game.

And if you cancel your lock on mid combo then what happens then? Or vice versa.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#6Psychochild27Posted 12/23/2012 9:34:21 AM
When you're not locked on, your attacks are wide, spinning, horizontal swings in an attempt to slash multiple enemies around you.

If you're locked on to the enemy, your attacks becomes more focused, like thrusts and overhead slashes, to maximize damage on single targets.

You're suggesting I give up utility when I want to prioritize a target in a group or if I'm comboing a single target having to constantly drop and pick up lock-on to access the moves I want to pull off. That's a horrible idea.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 12/23/2012 9:34:54 AM
geneocide posted...

If you mean real DMC I say no. I think tap tap pause tap tap tap is fine. And has anyone noticed that even Etnads move inputs are the same as Neros?

It appears to me that Tamte got Dante and Nero confused when it comes to fighting styles. For example, Osiris has Streak.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8Psychochild27Posted 12/23/2012 9:36:25 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
geneocide posted...

It appears to me that Tamte got Dante and Nero confused when it comes to fighting styles. For example, Osiris has Streak.

Streak, Roulette Spin, Red Queen Combo B
#9Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 10:50:00 AM
geneocide posted...
I am saying you can't manually lock in this game.

I'm talking about "a random mechanic I thought of".

Psychochild27 posted...
You're suggesting I give up utility when I want to prioritize a target in a group or if I'm comboing a single target having to constantly drop and pick up lock-on to access the moves I want to pull off. That's a horrible idea.

Another idea I thought of is borrowing Soul Calibur's "horizontal attack" and "vertical attack" button.
---