My honest opinion about this game.

#1StriderOWPosted 12/23/2012 10:29:15 AM
Now I'm not a anti nor pro person but I am a fan of all the DMC games even DMC2. I think this game will be good/decent but it won't put DMC back to where it was in DMC3. DMC3 was popular because of the characters and the combat and not so much on the story except when it only involved Dante and Vergil(just the interaction between the two was very nice to see). Every character is a likeable except maybe Lady(Lady has become more likeable then Trish now for some reason).

The story in DMC3 isn't that good to be honest and its because its missing some serious back story which is why they created the DMC3 manga that were prequels to DMC3 to tell the story on how this all started between Dante, Vergil, Lady and Arkham. It even goes into detail on how Vergil obtained his DT. My only thing with DMC3 is why they didn't add those manga into the actual DMC3 game so you can view them digitally because the mangas were pretty good and shaped up the actual plot on what Vergil true motives were while in the actual game his motives weren't truly explained but just hinted at by Dante("You'll never be like father").

Now the gameplay is the real reason this game was praised, its because the game play was not only amazing but it revolutionized stylish combat once again after DMC1. DMC4's mistake was basically a give and take.They give you all the DMC3 styles on the fly but at the same time they gave us a bunch of watered down devil arms compared to the ones in DMC3. I was praying that DMC4 would have the bonus feature of DMC3 Dante being unlockable with all his weapons from DMC3 similar to what they did in Onimusha 3. I'm sure that most of us will agree that the weapons in DMC3 are just flat out better in DMC3. Now DmC looks like a fun game but lets be honest, it doesn't exactly look amazing or to revolutionize this genre as DMC3 did or as DMC4 tried to do. I honestly believe they took a step back in the combat from DMC4 Dante. Notice I am comparing the Dante's and not Nero because the Dante in DmC is suppose to be a alternate universe of Dante, Nero plays a lot different from Dante.

I can't say anything on DmC story because we don't know full story yet but from what I have seen so far then I'm not really impressed. I "think" NT screwed up by the main focus of DmC feeling like the other DMC games and them trying to make the story outstanding. DMC series was never really about the story but more so about the game play and lovable characters and how they interact with each other.

I guess I can go on more rambling but I will say that DmC doesn't look like a BAD game but it doesn't look amazing either. This game is just an alternate universe of DMC3/1(kinda) so people shouldn't take this game seriously. Capcom is clearly testing the water with this game and I'm positive we will see DMC5 in the future. If I remember correctly, Capcom stated that they plan to push out another DMC game by the 2015 and seeing as they are hinted to secretly be working with Kamiya then we can come to the conclusion that they are obviously making DMC5 if its to be out within 2015.
#2Persistant_FatePosted 12/23/2012 10:30:24 AM
sorry but it's not an 'alternate universe.'

cover your ears and scream really loud all you want but your in denial.
#3antking61Posted 12/23/2012 10:30:48 AM
tl;dr
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#4geneocidePosted 12/23/2012 10:30:51 AM
Brick text! OMFG YOU ARE TAMEEM!
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#5StriderOW(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 10:31:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Pesmerga255Posted 12/23/2012 10:31:36 AM
Persistant_Fate posted...

Actually, it's an alternate universe AND a prequel. Babby tear powered time machines FTW.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#7SilentS89Posted 12/23/2012 10:32:38 AM
StriderOW posted...
I'm positive we will see DMC5 in the future. If I remember correctly, Capcom stated that they plan to push out another DMC game by the 2015 and seeing as they are hinted to secretly be working with Kamiya then we can come to the conclusion that they are obviously making DMC5 if its to be out within 2015.

I wish I had your optimism.
#8StriderOW(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 10:33:51 AM

It is an alternate universe... Do I really have to explain the obvious?
#9Pesmerga255Posted 12/23/2012 10:34:34 AM
StriderOW posted...

It is an alternate universe... Do I really have to explain the obvious?

Ignore that user, he/she/it is a troll.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#10Project5BossPosted 12/23/2012 10:36:38 AM
Giant wall o' text of peace.