IF this game turns to be 60 fps, would the hate lessen?

#11Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/23/2012 10:34:11 PM
^ I thought Lords Of Shadow only ran at 30fps
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#12rice_noodlesPosted 12/23/2012 10:35:07 PM
Lords of Shadow runs at 20 something fps. Stop it.
#13Psychochild27Posted 12/23/2012 10:35:19 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Many actions games run at 30 fps, if not most.

Ummmm...... where did you get that?

All the best action games run at 60 fps.

DMC1-4, God of war, Bayonetta, hell even Lords of Shadow I think...

Most action games don't run at 30 because it's just accepted that 60 just plain works better.

Noooooooo.

God of War 3's framerate wasn't locked and could hit 60 at points. Bayonetta had the issues with the shoddy port and still struggled on 360 especially if you used the Gaze of Despair. Lords of Shadow struggles to hit 30.

/when is Lords of Shadow the best at anything?
#14KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/23/2012 10:36:02 PM
rice_noodles posted...

Really? Huh, I never really liked it much.... maybe that's why....

Anyway, the others still apply. I'll concede that one, I'm not too familiar with LoS.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#15Malus_X6Posted 12/23/2012 10:36:57 PM
*looks at topic title*

Maybe, but not to a large extent.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#16Psychochild27Posted 12/23/2012 10:42:10 PM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
rice_noodles posted...

Really? Huh, I never really liked it much.... maybe that's why....

Anyway, the others still apply. I'll concede that one, I'm not too familiar with LoS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnydQ4t0aU

Anyway, if we're going to be seeing a 60 FPS DmC in this hypothetical situation, is it otherwise absolutely identical or are we talking much tighter windows of execution on things like jump cancels and a parry/just frame defensive system in play that isn't a steaming pile of crap compared to Royal Guard?
#17HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/23/2012 10:47:50 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Many actions games run at 30 fps, if not most.

Ummmm...... where did you get that?

All the best action games run at 60 fps.

DMC1-4, God of war, Bayonetta, hell even Lords of Shadow I think...

Most action games don't run at 30 because it's just accepted that 60 just plain works better.

Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed series, Asura's Wrath, Bayonetta PS3, Lords of Shadow ran more consistently at 30fps (but could reach 60fps on certain parts of the game), Darksiders, Infamous series, Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 3, Sleeping Dogs, and the Uncharted series all run at 30fps.
This includes the wide genre of "Action" games though.
60fps is better, but the very processor extensive games generally get locked at 30fps so theres no hiccups. Doesn't make these games any less good.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#18HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/23/2012 10:49:11 PM
What?
You guys already debunked things?
Man yo, I'm so slow, lol.
---
#19KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/23/2012 10:52:17 PM
Eh, I guess I was wrong here.

I still prefer the games that don't lock the frame rate. Even so, it's not like DmC keeps a consistent 30 anyway. I'll take God of War's low of 30 (I think it hit 28 once...) over DmC's 22-28 any day.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#20HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/23/2012 10:56:37 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Eh, I guess I was wrong here.

I still prefer the games that don't lock the frame rate. Even so, it's not like DmC keeps a consistent 30 anyway. I'll take God of War's low of 30 (I think it hit 28 once...) over DmC's 22-28 any day.

Locking the framerate is a smart move on the developers part though. Instead of having inconsistent framerate, just lock it and use all that extra processing for something else in the game. Having inconsistent framerate that ranges from 22 to 60 is only good when you have it in controlled situations, like having 30fps for gameplay and 60 during cutscenes, but that's incredibly uncommon and I only really saw it in Lords of Shadows and a few other games. Otherwise, having great framerate variance can be pretty jarring.
---