IF this game turns to be 60 fps, would the hate lessen?

#21stevenbobPosted 12/23/2012 11:10:42 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Many actions games run at 30 fps, if not most.

Ummmm...... where did you get that?

All the best action games run at 60 fps.

DMC1-4, God of war, Bayonetta, hell even Lords of Shadow I think...

Most action games don't run at 30 because it's just accepted that 60 just plain works better.

Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed series, Asura's Wrath, Bayonetta PS3, Lords of Shadow ran more consistently at 30fps (but could reach 60fps on certain parts of the game), Darksiders, Infamous series, Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 3, Sleeping Dogs, and the Uncharted series all run at 30fps.
This includes the wide genre of "Action" games though.
60fps is better, but the very processor extensive games generally get locked at 30fps so theres no hiccups. Doesn't make these games any less good.

not to be rude but never bring up bayonetta ps3 horrible port job

completely unrelated how come ps2 games can run at 60fps easy oh yeah because gameplay was key not graphics
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#22GoldsicklePosted 12/23/2012 11:13:21 PM
Many console games run at 30fps.

I read somewhere that only about 10% of games on console are at 60fps.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#23VanderZooPosted 12/23/2012 11:22:03 PM
Here's what the game looks like at 60fps (PC footage):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYEa9u512w&feature=g-subs-u

And no, it wouldn't lessen the hate, the haters are irrationally against the game no matter what. Most people who aren't fanboys though are fine with it being 30fps.
#24HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/23/2012 11:27:30 PM(edited)
stevenbob posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Many actions games run at 30 fps, if not most.

Ummmm...... where did you get that?

All the best action games run at 60 fps.

DMC1-4, God of war, Bayonetta, hell even Lords of Shadow I think...

Most action games don't run at 30 because it's just accepted that 60 just plain works better.

Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed series, Asura's Wrath, Bayonetta PS3, Lords of Shadow ran more consistently at 30fps (but could reach 60fps on certain parts of the game), Darksiders, Infamous series, Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 3, Sleeping Dogs, and the Uncharted series all run at 30fps.
This includes the wide genre of "Action" games though.
60fps is better, but the very processor extensive games generally get locked at 30fps so theres no hiccups. Doesn't make these games any less good.

not to be rude but never bring up bayonetta ps3 horrible port job

completely unrelated how come ps2 games can run at 60fps easy oh yeah because gameplay was key not graphics

That's not even why and most games still ran at 30fps, just the PS2 had the highest amount of games that could run at 60fps.
Games didn't have physics engines nor real-time lighting, let alone the fact that all these 60fps games didn't even run at a consistently smooth 60fps. This isn't even taking into account texture quality and the amount of characters on screen.
Frame rates relationship to graphics isn't even the reason half the time on why a game gets a 30fps lock. God of War 3 would love to have a talk with you.
Come back when you know what you're talking about.

Ill agree that we can excuse Bayonetta on PS3 though.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#25Psychochild27Posted 12/23/2012 11:26:00 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Here's what the game looks like at 60fps (PC footage):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYEa9u512w&feature=g-subs-u

And no, it wouldn't lessen the hate, the haters are irrationally against the game no matter what. Most people who aren't fanboys though are fine with it being 30fps.

If you're going to bother linking to PC footage, at least get footage that plays at 60 frames. Otherwise, you're just wasting everyone's time.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_devil_may_cry_pc_gameplay_1-29276_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_devil_may_cry_pc_gameplay_2-29277_en.html
#26rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 11:28:30 PM
So the game will be 30 fps on consoles. Would it be less successful than the previous DMC games?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3.(Now rank 25)
#27HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/23/2012 11:35:55 PM
I honestly think it all depends on its initial sales and reviews.
Antis wont buy it, but pros will and it really all depends on how casuals see the game.
The framerate and what not isn't what's gonna stop them from buying it.
If it's a solid game, it'll sell fine. If it gets canned, it won't sell at all.
I think everyone, pro, anti, or just new, are just waiting for release day to see how the reviews are.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#28GoombaXPosted 12/23/2012 11:48:37 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
It won't be 60 fps on the consoles.

It was also designed for 30 fps, so it looks weird in 60.

Either way, it was a bad design choice for an action game.

not really since there isnt that much of a difference and the game will prolly be less prone to screen tear like other games which are 60 fps
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#29Jiyuu FalconPosted 12/24/2012 1:30:38 AM
60 is double of 30, in case you couldn't figure it out. That's a huge difference.

...or at least, it would be in a highly technical game. DmC seems to be geared towards casual players, not people who like games that require skill, so the significance of framerate is lost. To be honest, this seems like good marketing; there are more casual than hardcore gamers. The question is whether it will have enough casual gamers interested in it. Doesn't make it a good game, though.
#30Pesmerga255Posted 12/24/2012 1:42:58 AM
60fps on PC.
Still hate.

This.

60fps doesn't change the way this game plays or the story/characters/music.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!