IF this game turns to be 60 fps, would the hate lessen?

#51HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/24/2012 8:34:48 AM
Strelok posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Charactdurr posted...
If the game had the same gameplay as the old DMCs there would be less hate. That's all it would take.

It would need to drop the pretentious storyline in order for me to have a chance of liking it.

You realize that half the original DMCs had pretentious storylines too, right?

Wait what?
Just... what?
Storylines that:
1: Is Ye Olde Basic Revenge story that sees it's ridiculous and runs with it. At the very most it says that a created demon can be humane
2: Is booooooooring. Nothing going on.
3: Brother versus Brother, the only "pretentious" thing here is that even demons can be humane.
4: This isn't even semi serious and plain ridiculous.

"Half"
Maybe I don't know what the word "pretentious" means, but DMC3 and DMC4 were highly pretentious in their presentations, since they were all about showing off.
Every time Dante got a new weapon and had to show it off? Pretentious.
The times Dante rode a motorcycle up a building, surfed on a rocket, and walked away from being run through like it was nothing, those times aren't pretentious?
DMC3 and 4 were the most showy games in the series for no other reason than to look cool. That's not pretentious?
Again, maybe I'm just using the word wrong, but I'm pretty sure pretentious is synonymous with "showy" or "showing off".
If I'm wrong, just let me know.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#52_Uwye_Posted 12/24/2012 11:06:10 AM
pretentious [prɪˈtɛnʃəs]
adj
1. making claim to or creating an appearance of (often undeserved) importance or distinction; "a pretentious country house"; "a pretentious fraud"; "a pretentious scholarly edition"
2. having or creating a deceptive outer appearance of great worth; ostentatious

I think you are mixing "pretentious" with "over the top". From the look of it DmC seems to be pretentious with its social commentary and dramatic custcene direction for what is a story of a trash talking demon hunter. The old ones? Not really.
#53StrelokPosted 12/24/2012 11:17:23 AM
What Uwye said.

DMC is anything BUT pretentious.
It knows it's ridiculous and just goes all the way with it.

DmC on the other hand blatantly tries to copy much better franchises that provided social commentary, then tries to pass itself off as uber cool, dead serious and still try to convey a hypocritical "Fight da man!" message.
Pretentious. So pretentious it hurts the babies I kicked in Dantes Inferno.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#54ejshinPosted 12/24/2012 2:00:56 PM
Strelok posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Charactdurr posted...
If the game had the same gameplay as the old DMCs there would be less hate. That's all it would take.

It would need to drop the pretentious storyline in order for me to have a chance of liking it.

You realize that half the original DMCs had pretentious storylines too, right?

Wait what?
Just... what?
Storylines that:
1: Is Ye Olde Basic Revenge story that sees it's ridiculous and runs with it. At the very most it says that a created demon can be humane
2: Is booooooooring. Nothing going on.
3: Brother versus Brother, the only "pretentious" thing here is that even demons can be humane.
4: This isn't even semi serious and plain ridiculous.

"Half"
Maybe I don't know what the word "pretentious" means, but DMC3 and DMC4 were highly pretentious in their presentations, since they were all about showing off.
Every time Dante got a new weapon and had to show it off? Pretentious.
The times Dante rode a motorcycle up a building, surfed on a rocket, and walked away from being run through like it was nothing, those times aren't pretentious?
DMC3 and 4 were the most showy games in the series for no other reason than to look cool. That's not pretentious?
Again, maybe I'm just using the word wrong, but I'm pretty sure pretentious is synonymous with "showy" or "showing off".
If I'm wrong, just let me know.

Yes, you are using the word wrong. DMC games are more about being over the top and tongue in cheek with some really bad jokes. Light hearted fun with some random melodrama thrown into the mix.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#55DethaPosted 12/24/2012 2:28:28 PM(edited)
I wouldn't say pretentious at all, but they were a bit ostentatious like all other extreme action games. In a good way, of course.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#56rice_noodlesPosted 12/24/2012 2:40:10 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
pretentious [prɪˈtɛnʃəs]
adj
1. making claim to or creating an appearance of (often undeserved) importance or distinction; "a pretentious country house"; "a pretentious fraud"; "a pretentious scholarly edition"
2. having or creating a deceptive outer appearance of great worth; ostentatious

So, just like how Tameem claims that DmC will stand up to the best of cinema and film. Thus making DmC pretentious.

Whereas the original series did not make such claims, therefore the original games were not pretentious.
#57ClericIdolaPosted 12/24/2012 3:37:08 PM
It still boggles my mind that people actually take the DMC games serious when it comes to story. Personally, the only cutscenes worth watching in DMC, particularly the later games in the series, were the fight scenes and the boss intros. Aside from that, Dante has always been annoyingly over-the-top to me. What I like about "Donte" is that he's still just as strong as DMC3 Dante, at least, but he doesnt have to surf on rockets or ride motorcycles on the ceilings while being impaled by 50 swords and scythes. Yeah, I get that Dante is pretty strong and bad ***, but it gets to a point where it gets comical. DMC1 Dante > Nero >>>>>>>> Dante post-DMC2.

Seriously. I'll say this again, when I play DMC, in no way, shape, fashion or form do I give two ****s about the story. I just want to be able to pull off SSS rankings and uber combos without being damaged once.
---
"This isn't ATB. This is Command Synergy Battle... Welcome to the Future."
#58NofumasaPosted 12/24/2012 6:05:01 PM
ClericIdola posted...
It still boggles my mind that people actually take the DMC games serious when it comes to story. Personally, the only cutscenes worth watching in DMC, particularly the later games in the series, were the fight scenes and the boss intros. Aside from that, Dante has always been annoyingly over-the-top to me. What I like about "Donte" is that he's still just as strong as DMC3 Dante, at least, but he doesnt have to surf on rockets or ride motorcycles on the ceilings while being impaled by 50 swords and scythes. Yeah, I get that Dante is pretty strong and bad ***, but it gets to a point where it gets comical. DMC1 Dante > Nero >>>>>>>> Dante post-DMC2.

Seriously. I'll say this again, when I play DMC, in no way, shape, fashion or form do I give two ****s about the story. I just want to be able to pull off SSS rankings and uber combos without being damaged once.

>Donte
>as strong as DMC3 Dante

lolno

He wish he could have even half of what DMC3 Dante had. Even Royal Guard is enough to kill Donte (yes, kill).
---
I am Nofumasa Baba.
Brother of Nobufasa Baba.
#59Jiyuu FalconPosted 12/24/2012 8:20:15 PM
Nofumasa posted...
Even Royal Guard is enough to kill Donte (yes, kill).

Royal Guard is DMC3 Dante's most powerful style, since it gives him a very powerful attack and complete invulnerability to attacks (assuming the player is skillful enough, and given how slow Donte is, it shouldn't be too hard). "Even" Royal Guard? It's a curbstomp battle!
#60ejshinPosted 12/24/2012 8:24:57 PM
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
Nofumasa posted...
Even Royal Guard is enough to kill Donte (yes, kill).

Royal Guard is DMC3 Dante's most powerful style, since it gives him a very powerful attack and complete invulnerability to attacks (assuming the player is skillful enough, and given how slow Donte is, it shouldn't be too hard). "Even" Royal Guard? It's a curbstomp battle!

DMC3 Dante with just Ebony & Ivory level 1 without Gunslinger can beat new Dante.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it