This game looks amazing and i hope it sells well and we get a DmC2

#21HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 10:25:14 AM
Vault_Zero posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
WatagashiHair_ posted...
The level design looks amazing, new Dante looks new, fresh, exciting. Playing as old Dante would be old/stale and what else can you add to his story? No much considering DmC 3&4 were prequels. The visuals are better than ever and story seems very interesting. Can't wait to see what they do with the characters we know.

Btw if you're reading this and you look like

http://i.imgur.com/4wbvX.png
Or
http://i.imgur.com/lkANq.jpeg

Don't bother posting.

What do you think would happen if they changed Mario, Link, Kratos or Master Chief? You don't mess with icons.

Except you can. Spider-man is far more iconic than Dante and hes been rebooted several times. Shoot, hes black now in one continuity. Ryu Hayabusa? A rebooted version of his old self whos gone through changes. Link has been rebooted several times too in different styles.
Just because their video games doesnt mean they shouldnt be any less changed over other mediums. Movies, comic books, and books would like to talk to you.

True, maybe. I would like to see them try giving my examples. Link was always recognizable. Come on.

Link has rarely been the same character twice. Ocarina of time, wind waker, oracles, and skyward sword each had different Links with different art styles. Zelda is a series of changing things up, though that doesn't reflect in gameplay necessarily
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#22Vault_ZeroPosted 12/29/2012 10:29:05 AM
Vault_Zero posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
WatagashiHair_ posted...
The level design looks amazing, new Dante looks new, fresh, exciting. Playing as old Dante would be old/stale and what else can you add to his story? No much considering DmC 3&4 were prequels. The visuals are better than ever and story seems very interesting. Can't wait to see what they do with the characters we know.

Btw if you're reading this and you look like

http://i.imgur.com/4wbvX.png
Or
http://i.imgur.com/lkANq.jpeg

Don't bother posting.

What do you think would happen if they changed Mario, Link, Kratos or Master Chief? You don't mess with icons.

Except you can. Spider-man is far more iconic than Dante and hes been rebooted several times. Shoot, hes black now in one continuity. Ryu Hayabusa? A rebooted version of his old self whos gone through changes. Link has been rebooted several times too in different styles.
Just because their video games doesnt mean they shouldnt be any less changed over other mediums. Movies, comic books, and books would like to talk to you.

True, maybe. I would like to see them try giving my examples. Link was always recognizable. Come on.

Link has rarely been the same character twice. Ocarina of time, wind waker, oracles, and skyward sword each had different Links with different art styles. Zelda is a series of changing things up, though that doesn't reflect in gameplay necessarily

That doesn't change the fact that he is instantly recognizable in every installment. Hell, I really don't care how he looks. I was just answering TC who is probably just another troll.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#23Pesmerga255Posted 12/29/2012 10:35:39 AM
TC needs to learn some subtlety.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#24Ether101Posted 12/29/2012 10:40:38 AM

Zelda hasn't changed things up in a decade and the only reason that we have multiple Links is because the development team are a bunch of selfish and horrible ass hats that are very lazy. They've actually tried to hand wave all of the inconsistencies of the franchise by saying that oral tradition is the lest accurate form of information transfer. They'd rather insult fans then ever admit to messing up.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#25HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 10:50:45 AM
Ether101 posted...

Zelda hasn't changed things up in a decade and the only reason that we have multiple Links is because the development team are a bunch of selfish and horrible ass hats that are very lazy. They've actually tried to hand wave all of the inconsistencies of the franchise by saying that oral tradition is the lest accurate form of information transfer. They'd rather insult fans then ever admit to messing up.

What in the hell are you even talking about?

And Im merely talking about how while Link is iconic, its never the same Link and that he has actually changed, mainly through art style and age
Remember Wind Waker? Remember how Zelda fans were mad that that was the game they were getting instead of an Ocarina of Tima-style game? Remember how people didnt want to recognize that kid as Link? Yeah, nothing like this situation at all
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#26Hunter1534Posted 12/29/2012 10:53:29 AM
Another troll??? Ughhhhhh. Damn it! My ignore list is getting packed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YQkTN.jpeg http://www.imgur.com/uXb7o.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/jSMZ1.jpeg
#27_Uwye_Posted 12/29/2012 10:57:46 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
WatagashiHair_ posted...
what else can you add to his story? No much considering DmC 3&4 were prequels.

Oooookaaaaaay.

DMC4 was a prequel considering it takes place before a previous installment, DMC2

DMC2 doesn't exist. Capcom hasn't erased it from continuity but they'll never acknowledge its existence ever again, short of remaking it. The fact that originally it was supposed to taka place shortly after DMC1 but was retconned into being always "the last" in the timeline speaks volume. If Capcom will return to the orginal series every new game will be a prequel according to that definition because they'll never make a sequel to it.

Also, I have no idea why you think that you can't write a good story about a character just because they would technically be prequels.
#28DJ_0000Posted 12/29/2012 11:02:52 AM
_Uwye_ posted...

Also, I have no idea why you think that you can't write a good story about a character just because they would technically be prequels.

They'd all have to play toward that specific ending.
#29Pesmerga255Posted 12/29/2012 11:03:57 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

They'd all have to play toward that specific ending.

Crisis Core was good even though that was a prequel.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#30DJ_0000Posted 12/29/2012 11:06:54 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Crisis Core was good even though that was a prequel.

I'm sure there are a lot of good games that are prequels, I was just giving an example of why it might restrict what can be done, especially if it wasn't planned for a prequel to be made.