This game looks amazing and i hope it sells well and we get a DmC2

#51HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:57:18 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...

This makes little to no sense. Anyone agreeing with this apperently made no effort to read past "Well acquainted with what a reboot is".

Except other people understood exactly what I'm talking about and seem to grasp the concept better than you do.

Yes, I gather what a reboot is. It's a creation of an idea that takes an idea, and puts it in a different situation. Infact, lets use your examples here for best effect:

Spidey (now)vs Original Spiderman
Spiderman was the classic nerd that we all knew. He grew up, tried hooking up with mary jane, attempted to be a good person, and had moral situations to deal with.

The spiderman movie that they just "Rebooted" was actually based off of the original spiderman storyline. Shocking, right? He would have knew that Peter had a fling with a girl name Gwen, long before some girl named Mary Jane would appear.

Most people don't know this. Mainly because comics are designed to be rebooted every half year or so, or else Comic Book creators from the Marvel and DC universes will run out of projects to work on. They have no choice but to do so, due to the stagnation of the story, with the limitations of the story.

Ummmm, no. First of all, the ASM is actually more based off of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series over the original. The Gwen Stacy romance before the Mary Jane one only happened in the Ultimate series. In the original series, Peter knew Mary Jane well before Gwen. I know, SHOCKING. You clearly don't know much about the original Spider-Man series nor the differences it has with the Ultimate series so please stop. Also, DC/Marvel have stories that go on for several years actually. They only hold continuity altering plotlines every so often and generally when a new era has occurred.
DC: Flashpoint (2012) > Infinite Crisis (2005) > Crisis of Infinite Worlds (1985)
Marvel? Actually has far less grand continuity changing events than you'd think, generally having continuity changes appear independently of one another and have very little effect on one another. The story of most of Marvels characters still have their origins from when they first began. Yet again, you don't know what you're talking about.

What made it easy for people to watch/read? The character was effectively the same. There has only been two real deciding differences between all spidermans (extreme paradoy stories not included). These differances: His age, and how much of a smartass he is.

That's about it. Everyting else, from the colors, to what he goes through, to how he handles it, to the overall design make it so he's immediatley identifiable as Spiderman.

You sound like someone who isn't a gigantic fan of Spider-Man saying a generalization about Spider-Man, but you are about on point with this one. To those not as large a fan of DMC, they'd say the same about Dante, excluding the hair, but that could be said about Peter in this case too.

Tim Burton vs ... Any other Batman movie
Heres the real key difference between Burton and everything else: Burton's storyline: Joker killed the Waynes.
Tadaaa. Welcome to how the reboots work. The only expection to this is the "Dark Knight" and I quote "Reboot."
A lot of people don't know that they didn't just reboot this movie on a whim, the Dark Knight series was an actual comicbook storyline they had premade before hand. It is also one of the very few stories where Bats isn't a genius detective first, they made him a martial artist, with no brains.

Yet again, none of this true, besides the Joker comment.
They were originally suppose to continue the Burton movies, but they opted against that.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#52ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 7:57:39 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
OoT vs TP
Regardless of the "reboot" (which all follow a timeline, btw. It's just chaotic as hell) is of a young kid, who dons the traditional green tunic. That never changes, since that's what makes the Hero of Time. (I'm talking aesthetics at this point, btw)
The Twilight Princess was considered a dark and girtty version and a minor reboot. This was acceptible for a few reasons. 1) Link still looked like Link. 2) It was flat out admitted that he was a different person, in a different time zone 3) Still messed with all his traditional gear, 4) Gameplay was identical, with add-ons to keep things new and interesting. (Not just the wolf form, but the multiple new sword attacks too.)

The Wind Waker:

This game split the Zelda community, based off of information. The original Wind Waker design gave us high resolution pictures of an adult link fight Ganondorf, in a very dark and gritty castle, with details explaining how dark this game was going to be.

Right before release, the CEO's decided it was too much, and switched it out with that cartoon fairyboy that runs around as the main character.

Yes, to those people who didn't know, Wind Waker was suppose to look like Twilight Princess.

Then they flipped out all of his arsenals, and made everything extremely child like. (Personally, an ocarina is considerably more manly then a conductor baton. IMO)

So, shifting gears now, now that I've just gave you a few examples to play with of reboots, how they actually work, why the work, and ended with a doubious reboot that only half work, lets move on to a reboot that dosn't work:

DMC vs DmC

I'm not going into details. use the search bar for this, however, one of the biggest reasons why this DOES NOT WORK, is 1) They changed the main character entirely, making him unrecognizable from the original base. 2) The entire story is different. The only thing it has in common with the base is that there's a dude, and he kills demons. That's about it. 3) They didn't just mess with the controls hard, they also removed a lot of skills that were already recognized from the original games. 4) They attempted to rehash two characters from the base story, and it looks terrible. You have Mr Rogers, and Fat n Bald Charlie Sheen. Vergil is the only recognizable rehash out of the ENTIRE STORY.
This alone violates what true, to the core, reboots do.
In essence, they made a completely different game. It's not even a reboot at this point.

You want to now what would have been an acceptible DMC Reboot, that would have worked? DMC4. Keep Dante out of the player's hands, actually made a complete Nero story, and called it a reboot. Theres recognizable characters, in a different story setting, with different moves with the same move sets we're use to, and even more when pairing it for sword for sword move lists.

Thats right, Nero made for a better Reboot.

I'm done with my rant now, you can proceed to yell at me, or attempt to belittle what I said.

DmC's backstory is essentially the same.
Legendary Dark Knight Sparda awoke to justice. Fell in love with a woman (In DmC angel woman; I'll give you that) and bore two twin sons.

Then there's a bit of divergence; as opposed to Sparda sealing Mundus; Mundus seals Sparta.

Then it goes back to regular canon and Eva is killed and the twins seperated.

Sons of Sparda
Twins
Red vs Blue Motif
Rebellion Yamato.
Mundus is to blame for the destruction of the family.

In DmC we do get "familiar" characters in a different story setting. And there are different moves along with moves familiar too fans.

Idk it doesn't sound too different from any of the other reboots you discussed imo.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#53HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:58:04 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
KaijinSurohm....what in the **** are you even talking about?
Ugh.
I don't want to have to correct all the wrong you just said.
I should get paid for this ish.
Here we go.

Funny, because that's exactly what I'm asking you.

But go ahead, do your best to sound like I'm dumber then you. You've yet to do it, but this could be it.

I'm not saying you're dumber. You just clearly don't know what you're talking about.
---
#54ZeroX91Posted 12/29/2012 8:02:01 PM
Instruments that fall into the woodwind group are NOT manly, Saxophones included.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#55ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 8:02:56 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Instruments that fall into the woodwind group are NOT manly, Saxophones included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1kApnsayeQ
---
#56biohazardoud856Posted 12/29/2012 8:10:45 PM(edited)
The Amazing Spider-Man movie was actually primarily based on the Ultimate comics. The origin, (Peter’s dad being a scientist… although he worked with Curt Connors instead of Eddie Brock Sr.). Gwen Stacy was based on the 616 continuity of course. But the reason why she was included was most likely simply because we already had Mary Jane in the original ones. There was also going to be change of events where it was actually Connors and Peter’s dad gave him the powers… and the spider bite was used to activate them. You can see hints of that in deleted scenes from the trailer. But fans raged.

The Dark Knight trilogy was also not based on any one Batman storyline. Most comic movies take bits and pieces (Spider-Man included) from different storylines to craft there own. It took inspiration from Batman Year One and The Long Halloween, Batman Year Two, The Killing Joke. Hell, the Dark Knight Rises was primarily based on the novel “A Tale of Two Cities”, with obvious inspiration from Batman stories like Knightfall, No Man’s Land, and The Dark Knight Returns.
#57ZeroX91Posted 12/29/2012 8:06:46 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

I see your *insert link here* and raise you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEzk0G0tao
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#58KaijinSurohmPosted 12/29/2012 8:09:06 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
KaijinSurohm....what in the **** are you even talking about?
Ugh.
I don't want to have to correct all the wrong you just said.
I should get paid for this ish.
Here we go.

Funny, because that's exactly what I'm asking you.

But go ahead, do your best to sound like I'm dumber then you. You've yet to do it, but this could be it.

I'm not saying you're dumber. You just clearly don't know what you're talking about.

If I don't, then you have ZERO clue.

Your "multiple people agree" statement was you talking about ONE person who agreed with what you said on the reboot. Do not attempt to make one person sound like an army.

The Amazing Spiderman series actually DID start with Gwen Stacy. She was the love interest in the original storyline, before Stan Lee retconned it and had her die off, beccause he wanted to create a girlfriend for Peter that would give him a hell of a lot more issues. This being Mary Jane. Go do your homework on this matter.

Trying to compair me to a DmC casual player is sad, man. What I said about the differences between the spiderman are true, there is little to no change between them. The most extreme would be Tony Stark's suit he made for spidey during the Imperialist storyline (forgot the exact name) when the government tried legalizing super powers, and attempted to force them to cough up their identities.

About Batman
"None of this is true"

Lawl. You seriously didn't do your homework. Next thing you know you'll tell me Shiva and Jean-Paul never existed in the storylines at any time. Or that Catwoman and Batman never hooked up in the original story to create their daughter the Huntress, only to have the whole thing retconned.
Go ahead, tell me that. Because you really just invalidated your opinion bud. Everything I said about Batman is actual FACT.

But I'll just leave it here. I don't like dealing with people who attempt to have, and I quote a friend here, "Have an imposing opinion of self importance." 'Sepcially when they don't know what they're talking about.

Bye.
---
"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away." ~ Yours truly
#59HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 8:10:16 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
OoT vs TP
Regardless of the "reboot" (which all follow a timeline, btw. It's just chaotic as hell) is of a young kid, who dons the traditional green tunic. That never changes, since that's what makes the Hero of Time. (I'm talking aesthetics at this point, btw)
The Twilight Princess was considered a dark and girtty version and a minor reboot. This was acceptible for a few reasons. 1) Link still looked like Link. 2) It was flat out admitted that he was a different person, in a different time zone 3) Still messed with all his traditional gear, 4) Gameplay was identical, with add-ons to keep things new and interesting. (Not just the wolf form, but the multiple new sword attacks too.)

Twilight Princess wasn't really a reboot and more of a close sequel of sorts to Ocarina of Time. That was the whole point of maintaining similar themes, having the Hero of Time from OoT return and train the new hero and etc. But you're good on this one.

The Wind Waker:

This game split the Zelda community, based off of information. The original Wind Waker design gave us high resolution pictures of an adult link fight Ganondorf, in a very dark and gritty castle, with details explaining how dark this game was going to be.

Right before release, the CEO's decided it was too much, and switched it out with that cartoon fairyboy that runs around as the main character.

Yes, to those people who didn't know, Wind Waker was suppose to look like Twilight Princess.

Then they flipped out all of his arsenals, and made everything extremely child like. (Personally, an ocarina is considerably more manly then a conductor baton. IMO)

So, shifting gears now, now that I've just gave you a few examples to play with of reboots, how they actually work, why the work, and ended with a doubious reboot that only half work, lets move on to a reboot that dosn't work:

First of all, they didn't wait until right before release to changes things up. They showed how they changed things up literally a year after the gritty Zelda trailer, which was 2 years before the game actually came out. Wind Waker began as the original concept for Wind Waker, but they chose to widen the audience by changing the style. Wind Waker is much more close to a "reboot" than Twilight Princess is because it completely scraps previous continuity and does something new. Yes, it was suppose to be dark and gritty, but they scrapped it for a wider audience. They even changed things up a bit more. You know Link in this game? He's actually not even the "Link" of that universe cause the previous Link went back to the past. The "Link" in Wind Waker is actually just some kid who decided that things needed to change, a lot like the formula of the previous games. They opted out of doing some familiar to do something completely different than previous games while still maintaining the feel of the old games, which is reflected in the gameplay. Of course, this game is still widely disputed amongst fans, but overall, people still loved it.
---
#60ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 8:11:32 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

I see your *insert link here* and raise you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEzk0G0tao

Well played... well played..
---