This game looks amazing and i hope it sells well and we get a DmC2

#61KaijinSurohmPosted 12/29/2012 7:15:05 PM
biohazardoud856 posted...
The Amazing Spider-Man movie was actually primarily based on the Ultimate comics. The origin, (Peter’s dad being a scientist… although he worked with Curt Connors instead of Eddie Brock Sr.). Gwen Stacy was based on the 616 continuity of course. But the reason why she was included was most likely simply because we already had Mary Jane in the original ones. There was also going to be change of events where it was actually Connors and Peter’s dad gave him the powers… and the spider bite was used to activate them. You can see hints of that in deleted scenes from the trailer.

The Dark Knight trilogy was also not based on any one Batman storyline. Most comic movies take bits and pieces (Spider-Man included) from different storylines to craft there own. It took inspiration from Batman Year One and The Long Halloween, Batman Year Two, The Killing Joke. Hell, the Dark Knight Rises was primarily based on the novel “A Tale of Two Cities”, with obvious inspiration from Batman stories like Knightfall, No Man’s Land, and The Dark Knight Returns.

You sound like you know somewhat of what you speak of. heres to attempting a civil convo with you:

I'm aware of the Ultimate traits that are used in the move for Spidey, however, I'm dead serious that that specific story was part of the very first story, and concept storyline for Spidey. From then on, all stories recreated for Spidey used MJ, and basically retconned Gwen from existence, untill the Ultimate series popped back up.
(the only reason I even know this is because me and my co-worker decided to do extensive research on this stuff, since he's considerably older then me, and knew more personally, so we just dug up a lot of resources to find out the real story)

About Batman, you are right in one aspect: They did use a couple of stories for it put together, however, the main story they used as a base was called "The Shadow of the Bat". All the villans, though, were from different series altogether.
---
"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away." ~ Yours truly
#62biohazardoud856Posted 12/29/2012 7:26:15 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
The Amazing Spider-Man movie was actually primarily based on the Ultimate comics. The origin, (Peter’s dad being a scientist… although he worked with Curt Connors instead of Eddie Brock Sr.). Gwen Stacy was based on the 616 continuity of course. But the reason why she was included was most likely simply because we already had Mary Jane in the original ones. There was also going to be change of events where it was actually Connors and Peter’s dad gave him the powers… and the spider bite was used to activate them. You can see hints of that in deleted scenes from the trailer.

The Dark Knight trilogy was also not based on any one Batman storyline. Most comic movies take bits and pieces (Spider-Man included) from different storylines to craft there own. It took inspiration from Batman Year One and The Long Halloween, Batman Year Two, The Killing Joke. Hell, the Dark Knight Rises was primarily based on the novel “A Tale of Two Cities”, with obvious inspiration from Batman stories like Knightfall, No Man’s Land, and The Dark Knight Returns.

You sound like you know somewhat of what you speak of. heres to attempting a civil convo with you:

I'm aware of the Ultimate traits that are used in the move for Spidey, however, I'm dead serious that that specific story was part of the very first story, and concept storyline for Spidey. From then on, all stories recreated for Spidey used MJ, and basically retconned Gwen from existence, untill the Ultimate series popped back up.
(the only reason I even know this is because me and my co-worker decided to do extensive research on this stuff, since he's considerably older then me, and knew more personally, so we just dug up a lot of resources to find out the real story)

About Batman, you are right in one aspect: They did use a couple of stories for it put together, however, the main story they used as a base was called "The Shadow of the Bat". All the villans, though, were from different series altogether.

There was no intended argument there, but I don't believe that the characters from Spider-Man were ever rectonned from existence, at least not "pre-Ultimate". Stan Lee didn't even kill of Gwen. It was another writer, simply because after the death of her father, he didn't know how to develop her afterwards. I remember Stan saying that after he read it he had forgotten and was upset because he thought people who think they had a vendetta against the Stacy family. But it wasn't a recton.

As for Batman, that story could have been used as well... but that doesn't change what I said about the other stories... and "The Tale of Two Cities" nod. They said that actually was their first notion for Rises.
#63HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:30:48 PM(edited)
KaijinSurohm posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
KaijinSurohm....what in the **** are you even talking about?
Ugh.
I don't want to have to correct all the wrong you just said.
I should get paid for this ish.
Here we go.

Funny, because that's exactly what I'm asking you.

But go ahead, do your best to sound like I'm dumber then you. You've yet to do it, but this could be it.

I'm not saying you're dumber. You just clearly don't know what you're talking about.

If I don't, then you have ZERO clue.

Your "multiple people agree" statement was you talking about ONE person who agreed with what you said on the reboot. Do not attempt to make one person sound like an army.

The Amazing Spiderman series actually DID start with Gwen Stacy. She was the love interest in the original storyline, before Stan Lee retconned it and had her die off, beccause he wanted to create a girlfriend for Peter that would give him a hell of a lot more issues. This being Mary Jane. Go do your homework on this matter.

Trying to compair me to a DmC casual player is sad, man. What I said about the differences between the spiderman are true, there is little to no change between them. The most extreme would be Tony Stark's suit he made for spidey during the Imperialist storyline (forgot the exact name) when the government tried legalizing super powers, and attempted to force them to cough up their identities.

About Batman
"None of this is true"

Lawl. You seriously didn't do your homework. Next thing you know you'll tell me Shiva and Jean-Paul never existed in the storylines at any time. Or that Catwoman and Batman never hooked up in the original story to create their daughter the Huntress, only to have the whole thing retconned.
Go ahead, tell me that. Because you really just invalidated your opinion bud. Everything I said about Batman is actual FACT.

But I'll just leave it here. I don't like dealing with people who attempt to have, and I quote a friend here, "Have an imposing opinion of self importance." 'Sepcially when they don't know what they're talking about.

Bye.

Son, if you knew, then you'd know that Peter doesn't start dating Gwen Stacy until after he stops dating Mary Jane for the first time. She doesn't get killed off until later. Okay, she was introduced before Mary and does hit on Peter first, but he still dates Mary first. The significance of Gwen is downplayed by Mary's introduction shortly after. The Gwen and Peter being a major deal is more significant of the Ultimate series over the original, where she has a much longer and more significant run as Peter's love interest in comparison. Stan Lee didn't recon a thing and I really don't think you understand what "retcon" means, since Gwen's death had a great effect on Peter that was a big deal for some time.

About Batman, if you're referring to Batman Year One, then I guess you're right, since Nolan borrowed from that book sparingly for his movie. Otherwise, you'd be wrong, since Nolan did pretty much everything himself. Before Nolan was given the greenlight, the Batman movie franchise had two pitches for continuations of the Burton films and they opted against it. No idea where this comic book storyline idea came from.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#64HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:31:24 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...

There was no intended argument there, but I don't believe that the characters from Spider-Man were ever rectonned from existence, at least not "pre-Ultimate". Stan Lee didn't even kill of Gwen. It was another writer, simply because after the death of her father, he didn't know how to develop her afterwards. I remember Stan saying that after he read it he had forgotten and was upset because he thought people who think they had a vendetta against the Stacy family. But it wasn't a recton.

As for Batman, that story could have been used as well... but that doesn't change what I said about the other stories... and "The Tale of Two Cities" nod. They said that actually was their first notion for Rises.

Word.
I know it's not intended, but thanks for the help.
---
#65HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:36:32 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...

DMC vs DmC

I'm not going into details. use the search bar for this, however, one of the biggest reasons why this DOES NOT WORK, is 1) They changed the main character entirely, making him unrecognizable from the original base. 2) The entire story is different. The only thing it has in common with the base is that there's a dude, and he kills demons. That's about it. 3) They didn't just mess with the controls hard, they also removed a lot of skills that were already recognized from the original games. 4) They attempted to rehash two characters from the base story, and it looks terrible. You have Mr Rogers, and Fat n Bald Charlie Sheen. Vergil is the only recognizable rehash out of the ENTIRE STORY.
This alone violates what true, to the core, reboots do.
In essence, they made a completely different game. It's not even a reboot at this point.

You want to now what would have been an acceptible DMC Reboot, that would have worked? DMC4. Keep Dante out of the player's hands, actually made a complete Nero story, and called it a reboot. Theres recognizable characters, in a different story setting, with different moves with the same move sets we're use to, and even more when pairing it for sword for sword move lists.

Thats right, Nero made for a better Reboot.

I'm done with my rant now, you can proceed to yell at me, or attempt to belittle what I said.

DMC4 isn't a reboot at all. It's a bloody sequel. A bloody direct sequel at that. With Zelda, you know, you get leeway cause of the general lack of blatant connection between games, but a direct sequel like DMC4 is in no way a reboot.
The only similarities the situation has is that DMC4 attempted to open the franchise up to more people and widen the audience. That's it.

Now I'm understanding why we're even having this conversation. You don't know what a reboot is.
---
#66HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:43:38 PM
Let's go back to what a reboot actually is.
It is literally means discard all established continuity in a series and start over from the beginning. To start off fresh with nothing from the original series holding it back.
The overall story is very much the same as the first game, with obvious changes.
Just because the changes are radical doesn't mean it has no semblance with the source material. You have to see what similar in comparison to what's different. The difference are what make the rebooted series different and gives it its own identity. The similarities are what keep it within the same series.

Now I'm done.
This got silly.
---
#67biohazardoud856Posted 12/29/2012 7:48:35 PM
Although... Peter and Gwen were never an item in the Ultimate continuity. Not sure where you got that from. She lived with Aunt May and him after her father died, and then grew to hate him after she found out he was (inadvertantly) responsible for her father's death. Same as in the 616 universe. Then she was killed by Carnage a short while later. Can't comment much further on that as I had stopped reading the comics not long after that, though.
#68HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/29/2012 7:53:22 PM
Although... Peter and Gwen were never an item in the Ultimate continuity. Not sure where you got that from. She lived with Aunt May and him after her father died, and then grew to hate him after she found out he was (inadvertantly) responsible for her father's death. Same as in the 616 universe. Then she was killed by Carnage a short while later. Can't comment much further on that as I had stopped reading the comics not long after that, though.

.......you're actually right. I kept reading and she actually comes back, but she doesn't actually date him. I feel like a complete moron here. I for some reason got it in my head that her and Peter date cause of how bro they got and how that caused many issues in Peter and Mary Janes relationship.
Well, ummm...balls. Sorry KaijinSurohm. You got me on that one.
I do, however, firmly stand behind everything else I said however.
---
#69ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 7:55:33 PM
Comic continuity makes my head spin sometimes >_<
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#70LordMePosted 12/29/2012 9:45:43 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Comic continuity makes my head spin sometimes >_<

I am sure the writers feel the same.