This game looks amazing and i hope it sells well and we get a DmC2

#81HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/30/2012 6:09:16 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Detha posted...
In the Ultimate Series, Gwen was a troubled child and became a close family friend/sister figure to Peter. There was pretty much no romantic tension between them. Mary Jane was the first choice all the way.

This is different from The Spectacular Spider-Man show, heavily based off of the Ultimate continuity, but featuring Gwen as primary love arc.

AsM: The Amazing Spider-Man: The Movie is closer to the original series, with only a little Ultimate influence in the form of the parents thing and Peter having a big head. Other than that, someone would have to point me out the Ultimate influence.

On that note, it's obvious that people here haven't read the Ultimate series. I strongly recommend it. The first 100 or so issues are some the best and most consistent Spidey stories created.

I'd love to get into the comics more in depth >_>
But idk how to go about collecting all the issues....

I somehow dont see myself being able to just read it online like manga .

Amazon?

*Begins to wonder if in Japan they read comics online the way we read manga here.*

You can generally find the volumes online and theres a lot of comic book reader programs out there.
Otherwise, visit a Barnes and Nobles. They should have all the volumes and the new issues. It was how I kept up with the series after most of the comic book shops here closed down.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#82ShadowZero007Posted 12/30/2012 6:09:32 AM
Detha posted...
I read them on my computer just fine.

Maybe I just didn't look hard enough >_>
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#83ShadowZero007Posted 12/30/2012 6:12:15 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
Detha posted...
In the Ultimate Series, Gwen was a troubled child and became a close family friend/sister figure to Peter. There was pretty much no romantic tension between them. Mary Jane was the first choice all the way.

This is different from The Spectacular Spider-Man show, heavily based off of the Ultimate continuity, but featuring Gwen as primary love arc.

AsM: The Amazing Spider-Man: The Movie is closer to the original series, with only a little Ultimate influence in the form of the parents thing and Peter having a big head. Other than that, someone would have to point me out the Ultimate influence.

On that note, it's obvious that people here haven't read the Ultimate series. I strongly recommend it. The first 100 or so issues are some the best and most consistent Spidey stories created.

I'd love to get into the comics more in depth >_>
But idk how to go about collecting all the issues....

I somehow dont see myself being able to just read it online like manga .

Amazon?

*Begins to wonder if in Japan they read comics online the way we read manga here.*

You can generally find the volumes online and theres a lot of comic book reader programs out there.
Otherwise, visit a Barnes and Nobles. They should have all the volumes and the new issues. It was how I kept up with the series after most of the comic book shops here closed down.

Yeah; I'll get back to looking online :)
If not; I'll go to B&N I reading from print anyways :p
---
#84HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/30/2012 6:37:57 AM
Before this became all about Spider-Man though, we were talking about what a reboot was, haha.
---
#85ShadowZero007Posted 12/30/2012 6:38:29 AM
Before this became all about Spider-Man though, we were talking about what a reboot was, haha.

XD I think I like it better this way.
---
#86HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/30/2012 6:42:47 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...

I do too. I got corrected on some stuff that had been thinking was right for a while now. It was kind of nice actually, haha.
I just feel like my point got got completely derailed for no reason.
---
#87ShadowZero007Posted 12/30/2012 6:49:58 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...

I do too. I got corrected on some stuff that had been thinking was right for a while now. It was kind of nice actually, haha.
I just feel like my point got got completely derailed for no reason.

Yeah >_<
And while I agree with your point; ;) we should just live and let live if you will.
---
#88SilentS89Posted 12/30/2012 9:32:36 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
This game won't sell that well, but that doesn't rule out DmC2. Capcom is screwy that way.

"This game didn't sell? People didn't like it? Obviously a sequel will work."

Compare that to:

"A successful series? People are looking forward to the next installment? Clearly this is a waste of money as the fans aren't responding enough. Let's cancel it."

This, Capcom logic Woohoo!

Pretty sure corporate BS contractually disallows them to use logic.
#89Pesmerga255Posted 12/30/2012 9:34:04 AM
I hope Ninja Theory become the top development team in the world. They really deserve it, they're so unique and gritty.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#90Ether101Posted 12/30/2012 11:28:15 AM
You seem to not be well acquainted with what a reboot is.
The whole point is to make changes and make allusions to the original series. If they didn't make changes, then there would be no point in doing a reboot. Mind you, please don't turn this into a "Well they shouldn't have done it in the first place" argument. I don't care if they should have or shouldn't have. They did. And what they did is exactly within the guidelines of what a reboot is.
Read Ultimate Spider-Man and see how Ultimate Peter is different than Classic Peter and how Ultimate Peter came to become so much like his Classic self, while also having his own identity.
Don't want to read a comic book? Watch the original SPM movies, then watch the reboot. See how similar they are while also being radically different?
Don't like Spider-Man? Then watch the original Tim Burton Batman movies, then watch the Nolan Batman movies.
The whole point is never to make the same crap twice. It's to make something new with similarities and allusions to the original.

A reboot is an attempt to recreate a story which is why reboots have keep the same ideas and not stray to far from them. DmC, like the modern Zelda games, does the exact opposite of that and it's horrible.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.