Bayonetta was only 30 fps too. Don't overreact.

#41_Uwye_Posted 12/29/2012 1:08:38 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
sworder posted...
SilentS89 posted...
PineappleFist posted...
Hell, at times it can drop as low as 30

Thats funny because DmC's max framerate is Bayonetta's lowest.

At least according to this post.

It drops to 30 for a split second at most and then goes right back up, it"s not like it stays at it

DmC goes to 30 for a split second and jumps away back down. XD.

Can the PS3 version even reach 30?

It does, all the time. Framerate during gameplay is stable (not rock solid, though, it drops 2-3 frames now and then), it's the cutscenes that run like ass.
#42Pesmerga255Posted 12/29/2012 1:14:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD4xKYqY8bY

DAT STABLE 30FPS
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#43ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 1:16:28 PM
Oh yeah a game that never drops within 5 frames of it's intended amount runs so MUCH worse than a game that could drop to within half of it's intended amount.

MGR has more scree tearing than DmC. (Or was it wild fps fluctuation while Bayo just had wicked screen tearing?)

Some people just too anally distressed to admit DmC is damn stable.
NT's fourth game eh?

What was Capcom's fourth game again?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#44Psychochild27Posted 12/29/2012 1:20:28 PM(edited)
ShadowZero007 posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1942_%28video_game%29

1942 was one of Capcom's first breakaway hits, eclipsing in popularity the company's preceding three titles: (Vulgus, Sonson, and Pirate Ship Higemaru). While not as popular as some of Capcom's series that would debut later in the 1980s (Street Fighter and Mega Man in particular), 1942 would become one of Capcom's hallmark games throughout the arcade era.

So... way to show us, huh?
#45ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 1:24:19 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1942_%28video_game%29

1942 was one of Capcom's first breakaway hits, eclipsing in popularity the company's preceding three titles: (Vulgus, Sonson, and Pirate Ship Higemaru). While not as popular as some of Capcom's series that would debut later in the 1980s (Street Fighter and Mega Man in particular), 1942 would become one of Capcom's hallmark games throughout the arcade era.

So... way to show us, huh?

Yeah; that looks like it was MUCH harder to program than DmC.
^Sarcasm above
---
#46EntropyZeroPosted 12/29/2012 1:40:29 PM
PineappleFist posted...
Also, something I never knew, the cutscenes in DMC4 run at 30 frames on the 360... gross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH9IcCujl0g

So u finally agree 30fps in action games is gross?
---
Psn: Squigi Live: oOSquigiOo
squigi.deviantart.com
#47_Uwye_Posted 12/29/2012 1:46:34 PM(edited)
ShadowZero007 posted...
Oh yeah a game that never drops within 5 frames of it's intended amount runs so MUCH worse than a game that could drop to within half of it's intended amount.

Which is still above what DmC runs at best, that's the problem. While it's not obviously pleasing for the eye a 60hz game can drop to 50% of its framerate and still be fluid, but a 30hz game has much less leeway, a 15% decrease is much more noticeable.

MGR has more scree tearing than DmC. (Or was it wild fps fluctuation while Bayo just had wicked screen tearing?)

Nope on the first. MGR has less than 1% screen tearing. It stays within the 50~60 range most of the time (average is, like, 53) so it depends if that is what you consider wild fps fluctuation.

This I agree with actually. Still a bit buggy, though.

NT's fourth game eh?

Different times, I hope you aren't serious.
#48ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 1:45:29 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Which is still above what DmC runs at best, that's the problem.

What game are you talking of anyway? I hope not Bayonetta or MGR:R.

Nope on the first. MGR has less than 1% screen tearing. It stays within the 50~60 range most of the time (average is, like, 53) so it depends if that is what you consider wild fps fluctuation.

This I agree with actually. Still a bit buggy, though.

NT's fourth game eh?

Different times, I hope you aren't serious.

There was a video comparison.
I don't remember the which was which, but between Bay and MGR one had much worse FPS fluctuation while the other had more tearing.

I know the times have changed but f***, for a studios fourth game (An independent one like NT at that) DmC is a damn fine showing.
---
#49Pesmerga255Posted 12/29/2012 1:46:37 PM

I know the times have changed but f***, for a studios fourth game (An independent one like NT at that) DmC is a damn fine showing.

4th game or not, they've had 10 years to get their **** together and they still can't.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#50ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 1:48:26 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

4th game or not, they've had 10 years to get their **** together and they still can't.

You mean with two critically acclaimed games?
They seem to be doing fine.
---