Bayonetta was only 30 fps too. Don't overreact.

#61ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 4:28:22 PM
Strelok posted...
The thing Shadow, Platinum has great gameplay.
NT has... uhh...
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing. Aside maybe visuals, and there are more companies that push out great visuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0lwqpcfOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XHfupmx1I4

Gonna have to disagree with you there.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#62Pesmerga255Posted 12/29/2012 4:29:03 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Strelok posted...
NT has... uhh...
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing. Aside maybe visuals, and there are more companies that push out great visuals.

I'm not seeing it.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#63ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 4:31:07 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
Strelok posted...
NT has... uhh...
Nothing.

I'm not seeing it.

I suggest you get a new set of eyes.
Blinded by bias ;)
Cause you know that's impressive.

I'd like to see you try and do better, but I doubt you could.
---
#64PhaildPosted 12/29/2012 4:34:13 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
There was a video comparison.
I don't remember the which was which, but between Bay and MGR one had much worse FPS fluctuation while the other had more tearing.

Bayo X360 (the PS3 should never be mentioned in this kind of discussions) has framerate almost always in the 50-60 range and a decent amount of screen tearing.

MGR:R PS3, as said, has framerate almost always in the 50-60 range and pretty much no screen tearing.

MGR:R X360 has framerate almost always in the 50-60 range with an average slightly higher compared to the PS3 version but with a lot of screen tearing.

Only if you don't use Blade Mode. You can make the frame rate drop instantly to 15 if you choose to.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#65BlackSheepWalls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 4:38:51 PM
DmC's gameplay is in the higher H&S range, I cannot deny that.
Though it isn't on par with DMC, Bayonetta or NG(I don't like that one so much anymore... I am not sure if it even belongs on this list)<-- scrap ninja gaiden and replace it with Godhand where you can punch midgits,

We have yet to see how much the higher tier demons change up the game. Your hero can play as good as he wants, as long as there is no challenging fights it gets boring.
#66SilentS89Posted 12/29/2012 4:38:54 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Strelok posted...
NT has... uhh...
Nothing.

That was DmC, you know, Ninja Theory after they got tutored from Itsuno. It still pales to DMC but that isn't the point.

What have Ninja Theory done with Kung Fu Chaos or Heavenly Sword or Enslaved that suggests they are even remotely a good choice for Devil May Cry?

I mean what part of their resume impressed Capcom?

Did they intentionally hire a company that couldn't surpass them? Like strange job security or something.

Capcom Board Meeting: So we want to massively alter Devil May Cry and we need a scapegoat for it if it tanks. Uh, how about Ninja Theory?

Western Check
Made game in same genre Check
Not asking for much money Check

OK, Hire em.
#67ShadowZero007Posted 12/29/2012 4:41:03 PM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
DmC's gameplay is in the higher H&S range, I cannot deny that.
Though it isn't on par with DMC, Bayonetta or NG(I don't like that one so much anymore... I am not sure if it even belongs on this list)<-- scrap ninja gaiden and replace it with Godhand where you can punch midgits,

We have yet to see how much the higher tier demons change up the game. Your hero can play as good as he wants, as long as there is no challenging fights it gets boring.

At high level DMC play (The kind folks worry may be gone) enemies might as well be punching bags.
I don't see how this is any different. (Yes the general difficulty has been toned down, I can't deny that.)
---
#68_Uwye_Posted 12/29/2012 5:00:01 PM(edited)
Phaild posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
I don't remember the which was which, but between Bay and MGR one had much worse FPS fluctuation while the other had more tearing.

Bayo X360 (the PS3 should never be mentioned in this kind of discussions) has framerate almost always in the 50-60 range and a decent amount of screen tearing.

MGR:R PS3, as said, has framerate almost always in the 50-60 range and pretty much no screen tearing.

MGR:R X360 has framerate almost always in the 50-60 range with an average slightly higher compared to the PS3 version but with a lot of screen tearing.

Only if you don't use Blade Mode. You can make the frame rate drop instantly to 15 if you choose to.

You mean, if you choose to cut something in a literal gazillion of pieces. If you don't go totally totally overboard it's fine. And it's something you have control of anyway.

ShadowZero007 posted...
At high level DMC play (The kind folks worry may be gone) enemies might as well be punching bags.
I don't see how this is any different. (Yes the general difficulty has been toned down, I can't deny that.)

Perception plays an important part in a lot of things. Enemies being punching bags because I'm good and enemies being punching bad because they suck gives a different feeling.
#69MrStarkillerPosted 12/30/2012 1:30:17 AM
What's all this you ladies are carrying on about?
#70ShadowZero007Posted 12/30/2012 1:35:16 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
Phaild posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

You mean, if you choose to cut something in a literal gazillion of pieces. If you don't go totally totally overboard it's fine. And it's something you have control of anyway.

ShadowZero007 posted...

Perception plays an important part in a lot of things. Enemies being punching bags because I'm good and enemies being punching bad because they suck gives a different feeling.

I'll admit this much.
SoS is not a hard mode.
It plays and feels like a normal mode.
Ideally that's what it would be.

DmD (God damn DmC making me not capitalize things in the middle) will hopefully up that ante to an adequate level.
Also keep in mind; the majority of the enemies we've seen are basically like the hells. Hopefully the difficulty ramps up later.

Even if it's easier than before; I still have a blast. And when I play going or style my lack of substance often gets me punished. If I play to survive it's a breeze, but I'm left unsatisfied with how I'm playing; both in technicality and in just how much fun I'm having with it. so *shrugs* Ideally; it'll get tougher. And if not; it's not as if the game is bereft of enjoyment (to me).
---