First Official DMC Review Score

#331AmishMechanicPosted 12/31/2012 7:03:55 AM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
Platinum would've been pretty tight with the gameplay, but it wouldn't have ultimately felt like a western action game I feel like.
But that's just me. I like the new gameplay. If I want the old gameplay, I can play the old games :/

y wud u want to play the old games

platinum are a bad dev team anyway ive nver enjoyed any of ther games
#332FulvipPosted 12/31/2012 7:04:49 AM
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...
Well, I have to wait and play the full game to see if I hate it or absolutely loathe it.
But honestly, from what I've played, only half the gameplay is decent.
They should've asked Platinum Games to develop this game.

only if they want it to flop

By making an awsome over the top game capable of respecting the legacy instead of a piece of trash that's only made worse by looking at past titles from the developers? Yeah, who wants that?
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2
#333FireMage7777Posted 12/31/2012 7:04:54 AM
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...
Well, I have to wait and play the full game to see if I hate it or absolutely loathe it.

I love new trolls. They are like so totally kawaii-desu
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#334AmishMechanicPosted 12/31/2012 7:07:17 AM
Fulvip posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...

By making an awsome over the top game capable of respecting the legacy instead of a piece of trash that's only made worse by looking at past titles from the developers? Yeah, who wants that?

dmc respects the legacy of the old games it still has that dmc dna
#335FulvipPosted 12/31/2012 7:07:21 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...

I love new trolls. They are like so totally kawaii-desu

Arent they? Especially when they write like a bad parody of today's teenagers.
---
#336BigKahn8Posted 12/31/2012 7:10:16 AM
Like I said in an earlier topic on another board, this game getting good reviews is proof that humanity won't be around for 100 more years and our generation is getting more and more idiotic.

May god help us all.
#337FulvipPosted 12/31/2012 7:12:42 AM
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...

That is so hilarious that it is its own witty remark.
---
#338FireMage7777Posted 12/31/2012 7:14:16 AM
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...

I LOL'd so hard
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#339JELIFISH19Posted 12/31/2012 7:14:52 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
But in all honesty though, while this may sound odd to some, the Xbox 360 does actually have a lot to do with the state of the gaming industry as it stands. Had the Japanese been a bit more fond of the console at launch (and today really), Japan wouldn't have spent so much time playing "catch up" and the westernization situation would've been much less frequent. By this is only a part of the point.

I don't think it has anything to do with 360. Even the top PS3 exclusives are practically all western. It's not about playing catch up either. We were trying to play catch up too but it never worked out well. Eventually, we found our own identity. Right now, it seems like western devs are just more ambitious. Assassin's Creed wanted to change the way we move in games. Bioware wanted to change the way we experience stories in games (through choice). Ninja Theory wanted to change the way stories are presented (through performance capture). Rockstar wanted to create living and dynamic worlds. Bungie ended up making online gaming what it is today. Some of the most innovative games are indie games on the digital platforms and many of those are from the west. A lot of these games come from newcomers while many of the Japanese games come from old veterans who have been in the industry for 20 years. I think they need to open the doors up to new talent and visionaries. It needs new ideas. I can't think of anything a Japanese game really innovated in the last 15 years.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#340FulvipPosted 12/31/2012 7:18:36 AM
JELIFISH19 posted...

I don't think it has anything to do with 360. Even the top PS3 exclusives are practically all western. It's not about playing catch up either. We were trying to play catch up too but it never worked out well. Eventually, we found our own identity. Right now, it seems like western devs are just more ambitious. Assassin's Creed wanted to change the way we move in games. Bioware wanted to change the way we experience stories in games (through choice). Ninja Theory wanted to change the way stories are presented (through performance capture). Rockstar wanted to create living and dynamic worlds. Bungie ended up making online gaming what it is today. Some of the most innovative games are indie games on the digital platforms and many of those are from the west. A lot of these games come from newcomers while many of the Japanese games come from old veterans who have been in the industry for 20 years. I think they need to open the doors up to new talent and visionaries. It needs new ideas. I can't think of anything a Japanese game really innovated in the last 15 years.

Even though I agree I have to say that if I made a list of the games I had more fun with this genre, there would be more Japanese games on there.
---