First Official DMC Review Score

#341AmishMechanicPosted 12/31/2012 7:19:19 AM
japan gaming is dead
#342FulvipPosted 12/31/2012 7:20:27 AM
AmishMechanic posted...
japan gaming is dead

You are on the path to being a good troll. You don't get tired but you really need to work on the comments.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2
#343AmishMechanicPosted 12/31/2012 7:33:10 AM
Fulvip posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
japan gaming is dead

You are on the path to being a good troll. You don't get tired but you really need to work on the comments.

im not a troll
#344DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/31/2012 7:34:12 AM
JELIFISH19 posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
But in all honesty though, while this may sound odd to some, the Xbox 360 does actually have a lot to do with the state of the gaming industry as it stands. Had the Japanese been a bit more fond of the console at launch (and today really), Japan wouldn't have spent so much time playing "catch up" and the westernization situation would've been much less frequent. By this is only a part of the point.

I don't think it has anything to do with 360. Even the top PS3 exclusives are practically all western. It's not about playing catch up either. We were trying to play catch up too but it never worked out well. Eventually, we found our own identity. Right now, it seems like western devs are just more ambitious. Assassin's Creed wanted to change the way we move in games. Bioware wanted to change the way we experience stories in games (through choice). Ninja Theory wanted to change the way stories are presented (through performance capture). Rockstar wanted to create living and dynamic worlds. Bungie ended up making online gaming what it is today. Some of the most innovative games are indie games on the digital platforms and many of those are from the west. A lot of these games come from newcomers while many of the Japanese games come from old veterans who have been in the industry for 20 years. I think they need to open the doors up to new talent and visionaries. It needs new ideas. I can't think of anything a Japanese game really innovated in the last 15 years.

When I say it's the Xbox 360s fault, I'm saying it's because western gaming entered the next gen well before the east did. The difference in markets really had an effect here.
The fact that the PS3 got a lot of bad ports of Xbox 360 games even shows that the PS3 had a rough start when it came to development, with western developers complaining that it was too hard in comparison to the 360. The east, however, clearly must have had hell initially since the PS3 is their console of choice.

That aside, none of the popular games of this generation are made from "newcomers".
Ubisoft, Bioware, Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, etc. All of them are made from developers who were had made hit games last generation.
The only "newcomer" you have on your list is Ninja Theory.

That aside, western developers may appear to be more ambitious, but the east are just as ambitious as well. They're more burdened with traditions in game concepts however, while the west has no problem with overhauls and making massive changes.
What it's really come down to is how the west set the precedent for this current generation and Japan had a difficult time trying to match us, cause western games sell in Japan, but Japanese games don't sell as well here. This isn't the case with every game of course, but it's the general case.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#345StrelokPosted 12/31/2012 8:20:51 AM
I had to say this, despite him not posting in ages but whatever.

Lupin the 4th posted...
You're the first reasonable detractor I've seen for this game. At the very least your logic is understandable. Near all the other antis are "it's a terrible game! It's nothing like DMC at all! Dante is emo!" etc, etc.....the usual trolling bull. If more were like you, I'd be all for actually having a discussion on the matter.

1: A lot of antis ARE very reasonable! You're quoting the trolls (The pro side has just as many, if not more trolls too) Most of us give reasons as to what our issues with the game (and dev team) are.

2: Someone with your signature should know how much... uproar... there was when a certain 360 game was released. This is the same scenario, right down to devs insulting the fanbase and franchise.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#346FireMage7777Posted 12/31/2012 8:23:14 AM
AmishMechanic posted...
Fulvip posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
japan gaming is dead

im not a troll

Lying isn't cool, brosef
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#347shadowsofdawnPosted 12/31/2012 8:48:53 AM
Hipsters May Cry.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#348countofhell4321Posted 12/31/2012 8:53:37 AM
These reviews might be too superficial. Not enough infomation.
#349demonfang178Posted 12/31/2012 11:19:22 AM
*was going to post something at 5:00 am*

*comes back at 2:00 pm and sees the derailment*

...Are you serious? FireMage, knock it off. Our first "official" DmC review score zone and half of 7 pages (50 posts per page setting) is talking about whether or not Smash Bros is competitive?!
#350HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/31/2012 11:21:31 AM
Lol
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE