First Official DMC Review Score

#41HappyUnicorn101Posted 12/30/2012 5:42:50 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
sundet84 posted...

1 is terrible, 2 is bad, 3-4 is poor, 5 mediocre , 6-7 is good, 8-9 is great and 10 is masterful. so 7 is good m8.

This is the correct way. However i would personally lump 5 and 6 into the mediocre category.

Gamers these days are just morons sometimes. "ZOMG IT DIDNT GET A 9/10 OR A 10/10! NO BUY IT IS TRASH!"

No, the morons are the ones that even base their opinions on professional reviews in the first place.

... That's exactly what I said. You just said it in a more general way.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#42sundet84Posted 12/30/2012 5:42:53 PM
lokithefool posted...
sundet84 posted...
lokithefool posted...
IKizzLE posted...
Don't shoot the messenger.

http://www.gamechup.com/first-dmc-devil-may-cry-review-score-revealed/

9/10

I don't get what makes this "official" you mean that its a rag that nobody has ever heard about, or the fact that it appears to be extremely biased to this game, so its the first one you agree with?

Im Swedish and i say that i rather trust LEVEL than IGN, Gamespot and gametrailers. Remember when GTA 4 was released . All the sites like IGN etc gave it 10/10 but LEVEL only gave it 8 becaus of all the things that was missing from the earlier games

Well my estimate for this games scores around 6-8, so it getting a 9 has made me more then a little skeptical is all.

i agree that i thought a 9 was a little high. I didn`t thought that it would get more then 7-8. But we all have different opinion. If i was to grade Warriors orochi i would give it a 9/10 when ign gives it a 5.
#43Vault_ZeroPosted 12/30/2012 5:43:06 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
sundet84 posted...

1 is terrible, 2 is bad, 3-4 is poor, 5 mediocre , 6-7 is good, 8-9 is great and 10 is masterful. so 7 is good m8.

This is the correct way. However i would personally lump 5 and 6 into the mediocre category.

Gamers these days are just morons sometimes. "ZOMG IT DIDNT GET A 9/10 OR A 10/10! NO BUY IT IS TRASH!"

Yeah, luckily I don't watch review scores or I would have missed out on one of my personal favourite RPG's ever last generation. :)

Was it on PS3 or 360? Remember that Nintendo has brought us gracefully into a new generation.

PS 2 actually. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#44Dark_EpathyPosted 12/30/2012 5:43:17 PM
To take any one review as infallible is a mistake. They're there for reference. The best thing to do is look at patterns--how many good compared to how many bad.

In my opinion, a 9/10 is rather generous for this game. It doesn't look to be up to that level. A 7 or 8 is more reasonable, depending on the nature of bugs and glitches. And I mean bugs and glitches that actually interfere with general gameplay and not bugs and glitches that make it difficult to play it like it were DMC3/4.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#45sundet84Posted 12/30/2012 5:50:36 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
To take any one review as infallible is a mistake. They're there for reference. The best thing to do is look at patterns--how many good compared to how many bad.

In my opinion, a 9/10 is rather generous for this game. It doesn't look to be up to that level. A 7 or 8 is more reasonable, depending on the nature of bugs and glitches. And I mean bugs and glitches that actually interfere with general gameplay and not bugs and glitches that make it difficult to play it like it were DMC3/4.

it could be that the glitches arent in the full game. I remember when i playd the Demo for kingdoms of amalure. And it had game breaking buggs and glitches. But they said that it wasn`t in the full game. And good old gamefaqs " The buggs will be in the full game. The game is bad etc" But they actuly fixed the game and allmoste all the buggs was gone. It can be the same situation whit DmC.
#46Pesmerga255Posted 12/30/2012 5:51:11 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
sundet84 posted...

No, the morons are the ones that even base their opinions on professional reviews in the first place.

Then why do you care if this game gets a good review score?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#47sundet84Posted 12/30/2012 5:52:35 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
sundet84 posted...

Why do you care if people like the game.
#48HappyUnicorn101Posted 12/30/2012 5:57:39 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Why do you care? You're the only one here getting butthurt over a good score. What happened to the days when all you did was recycle rehashed jokes? As release date gets closer you are getting noticeably bitter and butthurt.

I don't care if it gets a good score. it just reinforces what everyone that isn;t a rabid fanboy already knows. That this is a decent game. And I will enjoy the meltdown that will occur after all the time you guys wasted trashing this game.

I'll say it again and I will say it as more reviews come in: SUCK. IT. HATERS.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#49ChaserTechPosted 12/30/2012 6:00:40 PM
Vault_Zero posted...
"It has also been mentioned that DmC veterans will feel at home and thereís a high level of skill required to unleash chain combos."

XD

W....wut?
No seriously....wut?
#50primusninePosted 12/30/2012 6:02:11 PM
"Ninja Theory is taking a more serious approach than Capcom in the story-department. The controls in DmC isnít as good as in the previous DMC-games Ė itís much better. It has also been mentioned that DmC veterans will feel at home and thereís a high level of skill required to unleash chain combos."

Top notch grammar there...