Conflicted about this game...

#1Milox3Posted 12/30/2012 11:04:45 PM
I had no desire to play the game until I played the demo, I kind of digged the system and liked it. But the dialogue was terrible, I mean the game is supposed to be M right? But the audience they are targeting seems to be 13 year olds. It was really really bad, I didn't end up minding the Dante redesign as much as the things he said.

That's one of my issues with the game...

The other one is, after buying RE6 at launch and now seeing at $29, it does make me feel like I should just wait a few and let the game drop. Capcom has been letting me down so much lately that I'm unsure if even support them.
---
3DS: 3265 5151 2528
W2: 2151 6007 1173 RE.net: HuskyTheMilo
#2SilentS89Posted 12/30/2012 11:05:51 PM
Milox3 posted...
I should just wait a few and let the game drop. Capcom has been letting me down so much lately that I'm unsure if even support them.

This.
#3ShadowZero007Posted 12/30/2012 11:06:56 PM
If you don't feel confident in it don't purchase it at release :p
Nothing wrong with that.

I personally enjoyed the demo enough to reinforce my decision to pre order; you obviously did not.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4DevilTears604Posted 12/30/2012 11:09:27 PM
I agree. If it's not your cup of tea or you don't know for sure, don't hesitate to wait.

Although, I've wondered about this: Was RE6 done in-house with Capcom, or was it shipped off to a studio like NT?
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#5rice_noodlesPosted 12/30/2012 11:09:28 PM
You don't have to buy it. Their are not entitled to your purchase.
#6LordMePosted 12/30/2012 11:10:28 PM
If you want it, but have reservations about the day one.

Wait.

See more opinions not from journalism and see what the fans think, try to wait out for a price drop or a sale, and then snag the game.
#7Milox3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 11:11:52 PM
rice_noodles posted...
You don't have to buy it. Their are not entitled to your purchase.

Oh yea I'm in gamefaqs.

DevilTears604 posted...
I agree. If it's not your cup of tea or you don't know for sure, don't hesitate to wait.

Although, I've wondered about this: Was RE6 done in-house with Capcom, or was it shipped off to a studio like NT?

That's true, but I actually did like RE6, it just dissapointed me in how Capcom handled it's release and now so soon after release it's down to half the price.
---
3DS: 3265 5151 2528
W2: 2151 6007 1173 RE.net: HuskyTheMilo
#8SilentS89Posted 12/30/2012 11:13:24 PM
Milox3 posted...
That's true, but I actually did like RE6, it just dissapointed me in how Capcom handled it's release and now so soon after release it's down to half the price.

I liked RE6 too.

Capcom will probably try to gut you with DLC for this game. If you wait for half price you can use the money you saved to get DLC.
#9ChaserTechPosted 12/30/2012 11:25:43 PM
Milox3 posted...
I had no desire to play the game until I played the demo, I kind of digged the system and liked it. But the dialogue was terrible, I mean the game is supposed to be M right? But the audience they are targeting seems to be 13 year olds. It was really really bad, I didn't end up minding the Dante redesign as much as the things he said.

I've had people argue with me that the dialogue is specifically written that way just to make Dante an unlikeable character. Which is true in a sense since this Dante lives in a world in which he is hated in and he doesn't have much to live for.

Kat comes in, Dante becomes a more stable person, Vergil comes in and helps out Dante.

Then transforms into a Yoshi.

And Uncle Dante comes in to save everyone.
#10SilentS89Posted 12/30/2012 11:26:19 PM
ChaserTech posted...
Milox3 posted...

I've had people argue with me that the dialogue is specifically written that way just to make Dante an unlikeable character. Which is true in a sense since this Dante lives in a world in which he is hated in and he doesn't have much to live for.

Kat comes in, Dante becomes a more stable person, Vergil comes in and helps out Dante.

Then transforms into a Yoshi.

And Uncle Dante comes in to save everyone.

Spoilers much?