This game...

#1Kingscorpiop93Posted 12/31/2012 11:37:42 AM
I'm really at a loss here DMC3 was the first one I played and loved it aside from the very cheesy lines in it. I played 4 didn't like it because it didn't really focus enough on Dante the combo kid. When this game first was announced I was excited then I saw the first trailer and was raging and ranting on the game. But then game play started to come out and my rage gradually died out. Now it has come back a little because I realized the original Dante won't be given another chance by capcom if he does he'll end up like megaman from that sfXsf game. I want it for gameplay but don't want to give it the time of day because the change in story. I hate how they're trying to incorporate the illuminati into this game as well I get enough of it in my daily life and don't want it in my games. But anyway what do you guys think should I give it a try?
---
--- We are born of nothing and so shall we return...Darkness begets light and light begets darkness.
PSN: Kingscorpiop93
#2FulvipPosted 12/31/2012 11:39:12 AM
Forget it has anything to do with DMC, mute whenever Donte is onscreen and you might have a good time.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2
#3hoagie727Posted 12/31/2012 11:43:08 AM
The best advice I can give you is this.

If you like the old DMC games because of the characters and story etc. Then either don't get this or rent it first.

If you like the old games because of the combat being fun and giving you freedom to pull of sweet combos then get it.

However if you were an expert at the combat of the old games and were destroying DMD mode then it may be too easy and boring for you.
#4Kingscorpiop93(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 11:43:20 AM
Like if this was a stand alone title it wouldn't have been a problem but it seems like everything in this game is just so dumbed down.
---
--- We are born of nothing and so shall we return...Darkness begets light and light begets darkness.
PSN: Kingscorpiop93
#5ChickenfrogmanPosted 12/31/2012 11:45:42 AM
If you like the old games and still want to play this, buy it used or rent it so Capcom doesn't get the money. You shouldn't pay them full price for a downgrade from the previous titles.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#6KaijinSurohmPosted 12/31/2012 12:13:00 PM
hoagie727 posted...
The best advice I can give you is this.

If you like the old DMC games because of the characters and story etc. Then either don't get this or rent it first.

If you like the old games because of the combat being fun and giving you freedom to pull of sweet combos then you'll hate this game.

However if you were an expert at the combat of the old games and were destroying DMD mode then it may be too easy and boring for you.

Fix'd for accuracy
---
"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away." ~ Yours truly
#7hoagie727Posted 12/31/2012 12:37:32 PM
Gotta love when you try and give an honest neutral opinion and people still come in and act like children.
#8ChickenfrogmanPosted 12/31/2012 12:38:38 PM
He has a point though in that the combat is dumbed down intensely. Why would you buy this if you purely played DMC for the combat?
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#9antking61Posted 12/31/2012 12:40:27 PM
hoagie727 posted...
Gotta love when you try and give an honest neutral opinion and people still come in and act like children.

It wasn't technically accurate though. The gameplay has always been the main driving point and aesthetics are a very small part of the concerns for DmC.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#10hoagie727Posted 12/31/2012 12:47:44 PM
I was giving an opinion on the game.

I don't tell the anti's their opinion is not accurate and "fix" it.