Got a full review.

#31demonfang178Posted 12/31/2012 2:25:30 PM
Oh, and the game doesn't explain what happens to The Lost Age's party. So sucks to be you if you were a fan of Jeanna, Felix, Piers (he gets a cameo kinda), and Sheba. I heard Jeanna is Matt's mom, which only makes her not even getting a mention in the game really weird.
#32Solblade44Posted 12/31/2012 2:25:34 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Your list was perfect until I saw Blazblue.
Blazblue's story is no better than any other fighters story.
Take that junk off, lol.

No! Its not perfect and can get ridiculous (comically and serious) at times, but its certainly above the stories in any other fighting game due to its depth. It has a story that you can follow, unlike other games where you just use the Arcade mode and when the next game comes out, piece together what worked in the last game to make it fit so the next game makes sense.

By the way, you actually liked my list? Honestly, I was certain I would get attacked for having things like Gears or Mario&Luigi on there.
---
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd272/Solblade44/SSBB/Sol44.jpg
GT: Solblade44
#33shatterstarPosted 12/31/2012 2:26:24 PM
Mate.

The story won't grab everyone. Some will like it and some will not....period.

Different strokes for different folks mate.

If you chose to glorify this guys opinion on the plot as law just because you're riding on the hate bus and you feel that it benefits your cause, go right ahead, it's your choice.

When you're desperate, you'll try to work every angle that you can to take cheap shots at it.

But his conclusion was this...."But the fact remains that the overall experience is in any case altogether pleasant and fun.'

He also gave it a decent review...(7.5 out of 10)

I see this game score overwhelmingly positive reviews and I'm 100% sure that you see this as well. It has two 9's already and a 7.5 and it's just a week away.

So what you're trying to convey here by posting only the negative parts of his review is irrelevant...lol.
#34ShadowZero007Posted 12/31/2012 2:26:31 PM
antking61 posted...
Take that junk off, lol.

Erm...BlazBlue actually has a deep and well told plot to it. It surpasses many adventure and action games that brag about story and just plain Isaac Stomps other fighters. This is subjective of course but still...

I know the full story and I will admit, for a fighting game, the story is pretty solid, mainly cause of the consistently and actually features a linear plotline instead of a series of what if scenarios that most fighters have, with you not knowing the canon story until a sequel is produced, but I'd still not give it too much credit, but that's just me.
It's not like I don't like it though, but I digress.

As far as overall plots i gaming
(Comparing it to heavy weights like SH2 and MGS2) It's average.
Compared to fighting games and the AVERAGE game story; it's pretty god damned stellar; if only for all the depth that's actually in it. It may not be the most thematically interesting game, and it rides off (Literally, but it does so with love and plays them off pretty greatly. Probably also one of the few games to actually make me laugh out loud from time to time.) several tropes, but it is solid as you stated.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#35ShadowZero007Posted 12/31/2012 2:29:05 PM
shatterstar posted...
Mate.

If you chose to glorify this guys opinion on the plot as law just because you're riding on the hate bus and you feel that it benefits your cause, go right ahead, it's your choice.

When you're desperate, you'll try to work every angle that you can to take cheap shots at it.

But his conclusion was this...."But the fact remains that the overall experience is in any case altogether pleasant and fun.'

I see this game score overwhelmingly positive reviews and I'm 100% sure that you see this as well. It has two 9's already and a 7.5 and it's just a week away.

So what you're trying to convey here by posting only the negative parts of his review is irrelevant...lol.

Also; Shatter is kinda right.
People kinda are playing up the negatives of the review, but 7.5 is still average to good. It wasn't a bad review; least not the bad review some of you are probably hoping for :p
---
#36Solblade44Posted 12/31/2012 2:31:39 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
antking61 posted...
Take that junk off, lol.

Erm...BlazBlue actually has a deep and well told plot to it. It surpasses many adventure and action games that brag about story and just plain Isaac Stomps other fighters. This is subjective of course but still...

I know the full story and I will admit, for a fighting game, the story is pretty solid, mainly cause of the consistently and actually features a linear plotline instead of a series of what if scenarios that most fighters have, with you not knowing the canon story until a sequel is produced, but I'd still not give it too much credit, but that's just me.
It's not like I don't like it though, but I digress.

As far as overall plots i gaming
(Comparing it to heavy weights like SH2 and MGS2) It's average.
Compared to fighting games and the AVERAGE game story; it's pretty god damned stellar; if only for all the depth that's actually in it. It may not be the most thematically interesting game, and it rides off (Literally, but it does so with love and plays them off pretty greatly. Probably also one of the few games to actually make me laugh out loud from time to time.) several tropes, but it is solid as you stated.

I'll admit that Blazblue's plot and its characters are very anime-ish and compared to something like an RPG it might not look like the greatest plot, but for a fighting game its great. I'll also admit that it really wouldn't take that much to be better than a fighting game, but Blazblue went out of the way to be pretty good.
---
#37LordMe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 2:34:25 PM(edited)
shatterstar posted...
Mate.

I am not trying to convey much of anything, aside form posting the first ACTUAL review that is more then just a number, something to read, and see.

I pointed out the story line because a few people are saying the story dies out before the end of the game, and that Capcom hired NT for their writing and it is already being pointed out as moderately weak.

7.5 is a good score, I am not denying that, I understand it is your job, but don't go diving in insulting people in the first post, I am not desperate, I was simply quoting the most interesting line to me, since that was the POINT of this reboot.
#38HellFire-BahamuPosted 12/31/2012 2:34:29 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
shatterstar posted...
Mate.

People kinda are playing up the negatives of the review, but 7.5 is still average to good. It wasn't a bad review; least not the bad review some of you are probably hoping for :p

I second this. I feel like the guy made some valid points, but didn't hate on it in any way really. Ultimately, since he gave it a positive review and it's a 7.5 against to 9s, I think we should just wait till more reviews come out before we start latching onto review opinions for the sole purpose of supporting our arguments (even though so many of you are quick to discredit reviews in the first place).
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#39ShadowZero007Posted 12/31/2012 2:36:48 PM
LordMe posted...
shatterstar posted...
Mate.

I am not trying to convey much of anything, aside form posting the first ACTUAL review that is more then just a number, something to read, and see.

I pointed out the story line because a few people are saying the story dies out before the end of the game, and that Capcom hired NT for their writing and it is already being pointed out as moderately weak.

7.5 is a good score, I am not denying that, I understand it is your job, but don't go diving in insulting people in the first post, I am not desperate, I was simply quoting the most interesting line to me, since that was the POINT of this reboot.

Up until he started ranting about hate buses he was right.
Some people think the old DMC's had solid narratives, others disagreed.
Hell I loved Southland Tales and it's plot (Not to mention it's hilarious.) but I've heard folks call it one of the most horribly written films ever :p

Not everyone will be satisfied with a plot or it's presentation, and until I see it for myself; I will reserve my judgement; regardless of how positive or negative any review/preview of it is.
---
#40Solblade44Posted 12/31/2012 2:39:58 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
shatterstar posted...
Mate.

Actually, I was expecting a range from 6 to 8, which is about average to above average in terms of score.

Seeing a bunch of 8s and 9s or even 10s that don't really point out anything or scores below 5 that just rehash complaints without having actually played the game are definitely suspect and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously.
---