Got a full review.

#51LordMe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 2:30:19 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
LordMe posted...
shatterstar posted...

Thinking logically, you would've already known that not everyone will enjoy the plot so there is no need to point that out now is there. But that's not as exciting as the illogical approach now is it?

I quoted what I found interesting since that was the PURPOSE of the reboot was to give it to Ninja Theory because of their storytelling, and that is turning around on them.

More than just the plot. It was given to them so that DMC could have a western flair that would appeal to a bigger audience.

They said that when the sales were projected at 5mil for this game.

However they have since lowered them to be 2mil, which is the same amount DMC4 sold, which makes this whole thing a very useless endeavor.
#52megamaticsPosted 12/31/2012 2:38:37 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
LordMe posted...
shatterstar posted...

Thinking logically, you would've already known that not everyone will enjoy the plot so there is no need to point that out now is there. But that's not as exciting as the illogical approach now is it?

I quoted what I found interesting since that was the PURPOSE of the reboot was to give it to Ninja Theory because of their storytelling, and that is turning around on them.

More than just the plot. It was given to them so that DMC could have a western flair that would appeal to a bigger audience.

That's the major issue with this game.

Plot I find to never be a reason I play a game again. If this game lacks better gameplay then DMC4 then why wouldn't I just go back to playing that after being done with this game ?....Why would I spend 60 dollars when I can watch a playthtough on youtube ?
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#53ShadowZero007Posted 12/31/2012 2:46:19 PM
LordMe posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
LordMe posted...
shatterstar posted...

However they have since lowered them to be 2mil, which is the same amount DMC4 sold, which makes this whole thing a very useless endeavor.

>_<
Ugh this has to be one of the more annoying misconceptions.
They never said that.
A journalist extrapolated their words and misconstrued it as that.
Now folks just take it for fact.
The only number they ever projected for sales is the 2 million figure.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#54LordMe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 2:48:35 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
LordMe posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
LordMe posted...
shatterstar posted...

>_<
Ugh this has to be one of the more annoying misconceptions.
They never said that.
A journalist extrapolated their words and misconstrued it as that.
Now folks just take it for fact.
The only number they ever projected for sales is the 2 million figure.

Oh, my bad... But still, why outsource it, change everything and make your fanbase mad, and project the SAME sales expectations while trying to "broaden your fanbase"?
#55ShadowZero007Posted 12/31/2012 2:51:38 PM
I doubt they anticipated backlash to this degree.
I kinda see where they were going though.
DMC4 played more like DMC3.5; it had a lot of good ideas, but it wasn't really the eveolution they wanted it to. They could have continued in that direction and risked stagnation (Which I don't think one game would have hurt to much) but thye opted to change it up instead. Personally this s kinda breath of fresh air for the series to me. The plot and characters in DCM4 just felt so bland for the most part. Yeah Dante was funny (Even if his personality had sorta just devolved into lol trollface.) and I didn't mind Nero. But everything outside of the core combat mechanics felt underdeveloped.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#56Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/31/2012 2:54:20 PM
7.5?!

Anyone say paid review?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#57ShadowBoyZXPosted 12/31/2012 2:54:53 PM
Seemed like a fair review. 7.5 is also a lot more realistic than a 9 lol. I expect it to average out to a 7 when it's all said and done.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#58darkslayer001Posted 12/31/2012 3:05:29 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
7.5?!

Anyone say paid review?

the review was praising the game fyi...but this is the first one to point out flaws...
#59SolidHaseoPosted 12/31/2012 3:38:54 PM
Well I'll still youtube game as I don't have money to buy it, I don't expect it to have a great story, I liked DMC1-4 stories, nothing revolutionary but still good, videogame stories have already surpassed films IMO, granted it's in the RPG deparment and not many people like japanese stuff like that. If I replay a game again, it's actually because of the story not the gameplay, I consider Xenosaga the best trilogy in videogame RPGs, I also loved the .hack GU trilogy, I also tend to prefer short stories to longer ones because of the convoluted mess some become, my favorite manga for example is Air Gear, there are some ongoing that may take it's place when they end though such as Code Breaker and Medaka Box. Point is never expect groundbreakingness, I always expect the worst or have low standards thus I never get disappointed which is why I doubt DmC's story is worse than a PoS like many say....
---
Awaiting:MGR, DmC, AR, DS3, GOWA, ToX
Playing: DMC4, IF2, AC3, RE6, ME3, H4
#60thedarklordx3Posted 12/31/2012 4:55:30 PM
AmishMechanic posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
Well, this DmC story is already better than the previous games. However, if you're playing this series for the story, you're playing it wrong.

u just dont understan wat ninja theory are trying 2 do

theyre trying 2 show that games can have good storys

Plenty of games have already beaten them to the punch. Just look at Walking Dead this year.

that wasnt really a game

name 1 other game that has a gud story

bastion had one of the greatest stories ever, coupled with one of the greatest narrators ever, the endings are vague, but I love what happens if you choose the rewind option and then play the NG+, it's a pretty awesome and subtle(but sucky) twist

also any of the good final fantasies, and chrono trigger
---
Blast'd kids and their posts that only say "Sig'd"! You can't sig "Sig'd"! -grand_maester
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add