Got a full review.

#71KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/1/2013 11:41:37 PM
lokithefool posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
Well, this DmC story is already better than the previous games. However, if you're playing this series for the story, you're playing it wrong.

u just dont understan wat ninja theory are trying 2 do

theyre trying 2 show that games can have good storys

Plenty of games have already beaten them to the punch. Just look at Walking Dead this year.

that wasnt really a game

name 1 other game that has a gud story

Plane Scape torment comes to mind...

Did anyone mention Heavy Rain? Now that was a good game.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#72WiiareVenomPosted 1/1/2013 11:43:35 PM
LordMe posted...
http://www.insight-factor.net/recensioni/dmc-devil-may-cry-recensione-review

Click the English flag option on the top right of the page to read it.

Here is something interesting though...

Just a shame for a plot far from exciting and a technical sector not really rise to the occasion ...

First reviews already pointing out the plot... Ninja Theory was hired for their writing! So that doesn't even hold up. And we know the gameplay is not up to par.

The quality of a plot is subjective. Not that I think this has a good plot, or that the old ones have bad plots (well, maybe 4), This is more of a general review beef.....
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#73DethaPosted 1/2/2013 12:06:10 AM
It seems this person enjoyed Enslaved's story, citing a "poetic narrative." I'm not sure how important that is when looking ahead to his critique of DmC's story.

This person found this story too grungy. S/He also found it inconclusive in a lot of ways, which was my biggest fear. I had that problem with 4.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#74lokithefoolPosted 1/2/2013 12:07:19 AM
Didn't enslave just rip off journey west, and the matrix?
#75WiiareVenomPosted 1/2/2013 12:09:13 AM
Yes on Journey to the West. That seems to have been the point.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#76DethaPosted 1/2/2013 12:14:43 AM(edited)
No, it was based off of Journey into the West, but largely its own thing. It was a "re-imagining." It was advertised as such.

Alex Garland wrote it, creator of The Beach (the novel) and 28 Days Later. Two of his three books were made into movies, and one into a play. He's written four movies, all I think were well-received, but 28 Days Later was most notable.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#77StrelokPosted 1/2/2013 12:41:18 AM
7.5 is about 1 point higher than I'd rate this game I think. I'd call it passable. Not even Decent. Passable. Were it a different IP I'd rate it higher. It doesn't hold up to the rest of the franchise, especially after 3 and 4.

And here are more games for the list.

Monkey Island franchise
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2
Planescape F***ing Torment
Deus Ex Franchise
Thief franchise
Dishonored
Chrono Franchise
Metal Gear (It can't be!)
Diablo has a surprisingly deep story
Star and Warcraft franchise
Max Payne
Mass Effect (sans the atrocious ending in 3)
Dragonage: Origins had a reasonable story
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

And most of these have recent installations!
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#78DethaPosted 1/2/2013 1:55:03 AM(edited)
Yeah, there are definitely game stories that are better than some literature and film. He just wants them to actually "compete" with the relevant films and literature. You can shove lore and convoluted depth down peoples throats all you want by any arbitrary means, but books and movies don't work like that. They tell a story with symbolism, characterization, allusions, foreshadowing, and all kinds of literary tools. Almost all movies wish to tap some kind of emotion from the audience. Many games succeed on building a deep world with its own lore, and many succeed in some form of successful characterization or another, but most aren't able to pull any real emotion out of people.

They're about on the level of Saturday Morning cartoons, or some decent anime series at best. And that makes sense, because most games try to spread a story across 10 hours or so. It's going to be thin in some areas.

MGS, for all of its absurdity, has been very close into breaking down that wall, as well as Mass Effect (3 tugged at my heart strings). But I'd never claim the writing in those games as anything spectacular. It's decent, sure, but it's never very "human" - it gets close though. And I think capturing a genuinely human experience whilst drawing you into whatever world, with whatever that world's rules are, is what the best movies and books do.

I have never experienced a game that's competed successfully with a good movie or a good book.

That's my perspective.

Planescape: Torment, ME3, and MGS4 would be my top picks for anything close.
---
#79fioriPosted 1/2/2013 7:12:09 AM
Whoa, whoa...

What happened to the "all reviews are paid by Capcom' thing, antis?

I'm pretty sure you said you didn't care about any reviews, considering all of them were paid, right?

So, if we see a review pointing flaws, now it's serious and not paid?

Anyway, I think that review is spot on and unbiased. I believe the final score should be 7,5or 8. It seems reasonable.
#80StrelokPosted 1/2/2013 11:05:21 AM
Max Payne is VERY Film Noir, same for the Thief franchise.

And Dishonored, good grief, you have to say that that is one great story, not just the lore behind it but how it all plays out.

And let's face it, Red Dead Redemption is almost a pure classical Spaghetti Western, right down to the ending.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg