Am I the only one who loves DMC3-4 Dante?

#51darkdragon_9600Posted 1/2/2013 3:28:02 PM
I loved DMC3 Dante.

In DMC3 he was pretty much what Kamiya envisioned: he faces his challenges with a joke, but deep down has his conflicts. He doesn't care about the world at first, he doesn't even care too much about his family. His jokes were taunts, showings of how much he despised the demons he fought. Hell, after beating Cerberus you get the ultimate showing of this:

"Who knows, I'm not even sure myself"

A simple line, but with a competent VA that knew how to deliver his lines, mocking Cerberus. Yeah, I am 6 feet tall and I just kicked your damn ass, what gave away that I'm not mere human?

Then, the Lady arc taught Dante that his family isn't the only one with issues, and that he CAN care for his family, even if they aren't the best example of love out there. He learns and matures. Bonus points for not screaming LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. But yeah, at times it doesn't work so well, and Dante comes out as dumb >.>

DmC Dante tries to hard, the focus on how much he hates demons, his rage, blablabla, makes him boring instead of deep.

DMC3 Dante wasn't perfect, but he was damn well better and deeper than most people give him credit.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#52wwinterj25Posted 1/2/2013 4:32:50 PM(edited)
My preference:

1. Devil May Cry 1 Dante.
Nelo Angelo (Devil May Cry)

2. Devil May Cry 4 Dante
Vergil (Devil May Cry 3.)

3. Devil May Cry 3 Dante
Nero. :\ (Devil May Cry 4)

4. Devil May Cry 2 Dante
Lucia (Devil May Cry 2)
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#53Hunter1534Posted 1/2/2013 7:28:40 PM
DMC 4 Dante is underrated. He was more sarcastic but less OTT than DMC 3 Dante.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YQkTN.jpeg http://www.imgur.com/uXb7o.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/jSMZ1.jpeg
#54DiZ_the_EnigmaPosted 1/2/2013 7:32:49 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
I loved DMC3 Dante.

In DMC3 he was pretty much what Kamiya envisioned: he faces his challenges with a joke, but deep down has his conflicts. He doesn't care about the world at first, he doesn't even care too much about his family. His jokes were taunts, showings of how much he despised the demons he fought.

You do know that's incorrect, right?
Kamiya didn't like what they did to Dante.
---
Official Toxin of the MvC 3 boards.
PSN DoomOgre
#55DanteAwakeninPosted 1/2/2013 9:36:02 PM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
I loved DMC3 Dante.

In DMC3 he was pretty much what Kamiya envisioned: he faces his challenges with a joke, but deep down has his conflicts. He doesn't care about the world at first, he doesn't even care too much about his family. His jokes were taunts, showings of how much he despised the demons he fought.

The fans liked what they did to Dante.. I mean DMC3-4 Dante.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#56pigboyPosted 1/2/2013 9:50:59 PM
I loved DMC3 Dante.

In DMC3 he was pretty much what Kamiya envisioned: he faces his challenges with a joke, but deep down has his conflicts. He doesn't care about the world at first, he doesn't even care too much about his family. His jokes were taunts, showings of how much he despised the demons he fought. Hell, after beating Cerberus you get the ultimate showing of this:

"Who knows, I'm not even sure myself"

A simple line, but with a competent VA that knew how to deliver his lines, mocking Cerberus. Yeah, I am 6 feet tall and I just kicked your damn ass, what gave away that I'm not mere human?

Then, the Lady arc taught Dante that his family isn't the only one with issues, and that he CAN care for his family, even if they aren't the best example of love out there. He learns and matures. Bonus points for not screaming LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. But yeah, at times it doesn't work so well, and Dante comes out as dumb >.>

DmC Dante tries to hard, the focus on how much he hates demons, his rage, blablabla, makes him boring instead of deep.

DMC3 Dante wasn't perfect, but he was damn well better and deeper than most people give him credit.

This! then DMC1 Dante right after it.
#57TirMcDohlPosted 1/3/2013 3:21:59 AM
Dante from Dmc1 rules all. He's the perfect combination between the coolness from dmc4 and the rebellious attitude from dmc3.

On the other hand, this abomination piece of **** deserved the #1 spot as the most hated character in dmc series:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/259/0/4/edward_may_cry__twilight___dmc_by_v00d00m4n-d2ytnb6.jpg
---
Sieg Zeon
#58darkdragon_9600Posted 1/3/2013 3:55:22 AM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
I loved DMC3 Dante.

If Kamiya liked or not, that's his problem. The thing is: Kamiya wanted Dante to be someone who had inner conflicts, hated demons but covered it with jokes. That is exactly what Dante does in DMC3, learn about family values and taunt enemies in oblivion. DMC3 Dante is arguably closer to what Kamiya envisioned than what he wrote.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#59smithkakarotPosted 1/3/2013 3:57:41 AM
Sometime before this game is released...I'm gonna upload a video of me singing "Only You" to a DMC3 Dante poster.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#60SlaveBladePosted 1/3/2013 4:39:00 AM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
I loved DMC3 Dante.

If Kamiya liked or not, that's his problem. The thing is: Kamiya wanted Dante to be someone who had inner conflicts, hated demons but covered it with jokes. That is exactly what Dante does in DMC3, learn about family values and taunt enemies in oblivion. DMC3 Dante is arguably closer to what Kamiya envisioned than what he wrote.

Lolwat, no it isn't. Last I checked, teh guy kamina wrote is closer to, IDK, the guy he ****ing wrote...
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~