So if MGR is so much better than this game-

#161KingCafe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:38:49 AM
look guyz, its not fair to compare MGS with DMC because MGS is just a better series so of course it will be a better game. MGS has Kojima, hes been involved in all of its main games, what does DMC have? A monkey who can type mary had a little lamb on the keyboard? Kamiya wasn't there for every game and it shows. I think people should just accept the fact and feel lucky that you got a series with two god games in it.
#162lokithefoolPosted 1/2/2013 3:59:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#163lokithefoolPosted 1/2/2013 4:01:13 AM
KingCafe posted...
look guyz, its not fair to compare MGS with DMC because MGS is just a better series so of course it will be a better game. MGS has Kojima, hes been involved in all of its main games, what does DMC have? A monkey who can type mary had a little lamb on the keyboard? Kamiya wasn't there for every game and it shows. I think people should just accept the fact and feel lucky that you got a series with two god games in it.

Well kind of changing your tune I see, but whatever. The way I look at it is like this quote from the god of all bad media Mike Nelson from mystery science theater 3000.

"you shouldn't put a good movie in the middle of your bad movie"

There is no accounting for taste, but I will be damned if people think DmC even comes close to how bad ass Metal Gear Rising is going to be, and honestly don't believe they should even be brought up in the same category seeing as how MGR isn't even a pure hackn'slash, but actually has stealth and other hybrid gameplay elements to it that causes to rise above a mediocre release like DmC, or even god of war.
#164PhaildPosted 1/2/2013 6:36:54 AM(edited)
Ether101 posted...
Phaild posted...
Mutou_Kazuki posted...
Phaild posted...
Mutou_Kazuki posted...
It's not the only requirement in MGS4. Like I said, it's possible to get it without ever touching a non-lethal weapon.

Pray tell me, why did you feel the need to post this again?

Because it's a fact.

That's not a reason. What were you hoping to accomplish with this? You posted it already and it has absolutely nothing to do with my reply to that previous commentator.

The fact that you refer to yourself as a MGS fan means that there's something wrong with your opinion.

MGS4 alone took out any need, reward or challenge of going down either the stealth or non-lethal route. With the ability to buy ammo on the spot and the Mark.2/3's infinite health and stealth abilities made the game a walk in the park.

There's nothing wrong with my opinion. The game is very rewarding to play non-lethal because it feels rewarding, which is why people do it constantly.

The initial argument was somehow "Non-Lethal playthrough in MGR" doesn't deserve to be mentioned, despite the fact that fans have been asking about it since day one, even during gaming conventions where Metal Gear Rising was shown.

And once it was revealed Platinum had included a non-lethal Wooden Sword in the game, it got a lot of positive attention from the community. This proves how important non-lethal methods are to the fans, regardless how they are implemented.

And the fact that Platinum specifically included a weapon that does not kill shows how they understand one of the main traditions of the series.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#165SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 7:06:05 AM
KingCafe posted...
I think people should just accept the fact and feel lucky that you got a series with two god games in it.

Your right, we should stop being so entitled to think that our favorite series should have more god games in it.