DMC2 gunplay vs DmC gunplay.

#31Hades192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:53:27 PM(edited)
Psychochild- what I meant by core gamely element was that guns were necessary to maintain the style meter. DMC1 and 2 it is absolutely mandatory to use them.

DMC 3 and 4 core gameplay revolved around "swordplay," by mixing moves, creating combos and such, reaching SSS WITHOUT ANY USE OF GUNS.

My point I'm trying to make about DMC2 is that although the guns are extremely overpowered, they sound the best and I like how Dante wields them; the recoil is awesome, especially moving backwards while firing. (in DmC, E&I look stiff and don't Sound like a guns firing.)

I agree how the moves and whatnot have been implemented in DMC2 but I'm shocked that DMC2 gunplay in sound and animation trump DmC, which is a next gen game mind you.
#32Psychochild27Posted 1/2/2013 1:25:57 PM(edited)
Hades192 posted...
Psychochild- what I meant by core gamely element was that guns were necessary to maintain the style meter. DMC1 and 2 it is absolutely mandatory to use them.

Except that in DMC1 using E&I or the Shotgun on an enemy that wasn't being juggled in the air didn't maintain your combo rating, more often than not it would kill it shortly soon after. The exception to this was if you were Devil Triggered. Grenade Gun and the Nightmare Beta could hold and even build a combo, though due to the knockback on the Grenade Launcher, it wasn't an effective tool for really closing space and the Nightmare Beta consumed DT runes.

DMC 3 and 4 core gameplay revolved around "swordplay," by mixing moves, creating combos and such, reaching SSS WITHOUT ANY USE OF GUNS.

But in DMC3 I can actually hit SSS barely touching Devil Arms when I'm using Gunslinger unlike in DMC1 and DMC2 where you still had to rely on melee attacks to build the majority of your style meter (Or burn DT runes in DMC1's case) so I don't get what you're going for here. Yes, DMC3 gave Dante much better and much easier access to zoning tools, but I could actually combo very heavily with guns and get away with it for the most part.
#33Hades192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 2:01:25 PM
Psycho- I agree with your points and recognize the gunslinger style, I think I did in an earlier page/post.

I'm not trying to glorify DMC2 but I do like the chosen audio and animations Dante has while firing them. Thats about it; but when compared to DmC, DMC2 gunplay feel leagues better.

I think DmC has missed the impact of the guns, not by effectiveness in battle but in detail; they sound bad and the animations are terrible, there is no recoil, ect.

I have to go back and replay DMC again because could have sworn guns prolonged the style meter, maybe not to the extent of future installments but I'm dumbfounded if it doesn't.

The effectiveness isn't part of the point I was trying to make, I'm commenting more on the visual and audio quality between the two or if anyone else felt similar about details in DMC2 gunplay.