Serious Topic* Would you recommend the DMC anime to a nonfan?

#21Xaldin0011Posted 1/2/2013 4:11:50 PM
No, only to a fan, and even then, only to a hardcore fan. Because it's pretty boring, really the only reason to watch is just because of Dante. And his loli.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#22ShadowZero007Posted 1/2/2013 4:16:49 PM
It's not a bad show, but I could not in all good faith recommence it someone who isn't interested in DMC in the first place. The things that make it decent would be lost on them.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#23ShadowBoyZXPosted 1/2/2013 4:43:06 PM
I'm a fan and tried watching it. Watched like two episodes and it just wasn't grabbing me. When you've seen epic animes like Code Geass, Death Note and Yu Yu Hakusho it's sort of hard to take stuff that's not as interesting seriously.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#24Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/2/2013 4:44:08 PM
Code Geass is epic?

R2 begs to differ. It also got in the way of all the cool stuff in SRW Z2. They butchered the Getter Robo Armageddon and TTGL endings just to fit a load of CG stuff in at the end.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
Because it's cooler that way!
#25DethaPosted 1/2/2013 4:44:43 PM
No, it's pretentious and mediocre to a DMC fan. I imagine it would be unintelligible garbage to anyone else.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#26Gen2000Posted 1/2/2013 4:58:14 PM
Only good part was the OP and the OST to an extent, the former mainly because of Phantom cameo which a non-DMC fan wouldn't even notice so it's already a lost cause there. You don't have to watch the series to enjoy some tracks from the OST either.

Poor cash-in to a DMC fan and huge waste of time to a non-DMC fan, especially if said nonfan actually has a decent amount of other action anime titles under their belt, it would be pretty insulting then to have them waste their time on it.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#27smithkakarotPosted 1/2/2013 5:15:58 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
No. Even as a fan I tried to watch it again recently, and couldn't. It really didn't age well. It's more cartoon than anime really.

Anime are cartoons.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#28ShadowBoyZXPosted 1/2/2013 5:47:16 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...
Code Geass is epic?

R2 begs to differ. It also got in the way of all the cool stuff in SRW Z2. They butchered the Getter Robo Armageddon and TTGL endings just to fit a load of CG stuff in at the end.

Lol, I don't think it would since it's better rated than R1. Anyway as a whole the series is excellent and easily one of the best I've seen. I never played the SRW series though so no opinion there.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#29Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/2/2013 5:49:36 PM
ShadowBoyZX posted...
Mutou_Kazuki posted...
Code Geass is epic?

Lol, I don't think it would since it's better rated than R1. Anyway as a whole the series is excellent and easily one of the best I've seen. I never played the SRW series though so no opinion there.

It may be better rated than R1, but that doesn't stop R2 from being ****ing moronic 99% of the time. Stupid "Everybody is Zero" scene.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
Because it's cooler that way!
#30pigboyPosted 1/2/2013 6:20:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]