You know, I know Capcom and NT were trying to bring newcomers to the series...

#1chaotix247Posted 1/2/2013 8:04:30 AM
But from what I've seen from all the sites and everything, is that they definitely did bring some new comers, but at what cost? It's not a significant amount of newcomers (inference from comments on articles and youtube videos) and then they go and piss off their already established fanbase. Even if one were to view this as a strictly business, non fan, non gamer, non reviewer, point of view, just business, it still makes no logical sense. Every action so far has screamed significant monetary losses...
---
I am so DAMN pissed at Capcom yet I shell out money like an idiot anyway.
Currently Playing - RE6, Black Ops 2, RE4, DMCHD, RECVX
#2SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 8:08:38 AM
Perhaps Inafune wanted to burn down his future competition before he left the company.

Perhaps Capcom wants to be petty and destroy Kamiya's baby.

Those who choose money over fans deserve neither.
#3Capitan_KidPosted 1/2/2013 8:35:36 AM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...

Because fans always know best, right? Thats why we get such amazing games like RE: Raccoon City and Shadow the Hedgehog.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#4SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 8:37:39 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...

Because fans always know best, right? Thats why we get such amazing games like RE: Raccoon City and Shadow the Hedgehog.

What fans asked for those games?
#5QCTeamkillPosted 1/2/2013 8:40:16 AM
Most *anything* can do better than catering to the fanbase... hell, I stopped watching Friends because of that, then HIMYM when Barney hooked up with Robin.
#6SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 8:41:20 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Most *anything* can do better than catering to the fanbase...

There is a slight difference between catering to the fanbase and outright insulting them.
#7ColonelChikenPosted 1/2/2013 8:44:32 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...

This guy gets it.

But seriously, it's called moderation. You should not cater to the fan 100%, but you should not abandon them completely. Take what the fans like and actually, you know, put some thought into what you are making. It should be both sides, Developers and Fans, working together to build a better game.
#8Capitan_KidPosted 1/2/2013 8:55:03 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...

Lots of Sega fans wanted a Shadow the Hedgehog game. They got it. A lot of them probably liked it. Raccoon City is another fanservice game. Fans wanted a return to that city with their ol favorite characrers. That game sold a lot.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#9SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 8:58:29 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...

Lots of Sega fans wanted a Shadow the Hedgehog game. They got it. A lot of them probably liked it. Raccoon City is another fanservice game. Fans wanted a return to that city with their ol favorite characrers. That game sold a lot.

Sounds like the developers fault. The problem with those games isn't conceptual, it is that they were made poorly.

"A Shadow Game" Isn't an inherently bad idea. It is bad because of how they did it.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall fans asking for a "Dark Gritty Shadow Game where he uses guns".
#10HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/2/2013 9:01:01 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
SilentS89 posted...

Sounds like the developers fault. The problem with those games isn't conceptual, it is that they were made poorly.

"A Shadow Game" Isn't an inherently bad idea. It is bad because of how they did it.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall fans asking for a "Dark Gritty Shadow Game where he uses guns".

The "Dark and Gritty" aspect is just what comes with Shadow.
The issue was fans wanted a Shadow game, but didn't want it to be a carbon copy of a regular Sonic game, cause then, there'd be no point. SEGA figured giving guns would be the best thing to do.
Clearly it wasn't.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE