DmC vs Dante's Inferno

#1KaijinSurohmPosted 1/2/2013 9:19:54 AM
Which game is the better of the two? - Results (51 votes)
DmC: Devil may Cry
50.98% (26 votes)
Dante's Inferno
49.02% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I just recently played and beat this game, and I did not expect a DMC feel, but I found it. (Honestly, I didn't know anything about this game lol.)

I wish to see what people have to say now.
---
"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away." ~ Yours truly
#2QCTeamkillPosted 1/2/2013 9:23:56 AM
Wish I knew what's the point of this poll really.
#3SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 9:24:16 AM
Eh, I can't really vote. I played Dante's Inferno demo. But can't bring myself to play DmC's demo.

Conceptually I like Dante's Inferno better but I don't feel qualified to call it "the better game".
#4QCTeamkillPosted 1/2/2013 9:34:30 AM
SilentS89 posted...
But can't bring myself to play DmC's demo.

ROFL just man the F* up kid, there's a very high chance of survival.
#5KaijinSurohm(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 9:47:07 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Wish I knew what's the point of this poll really.

The point of this poll? I'm going to assume you havn't tried Dante's Inferno.

The game is in essence a DMC game, from the way it controls, to move sets. They even use Dante and Vergil in the game, but in different formats.

(Granted, Dante's Inferno is based off a Poem)

I'm curious as to who likes what better? That's the point.
---
"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away." ~ Yours truly
#6FireMage7777Posted 1/2/2013 9:48:15 AM
Dante's Inferno...despite being a glaring GOW ripoff...was actually really good. They went all out with the detail of the Circles Of Hell
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#7SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 9:50:57 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
SilentS89 posted...
But can't bring myself to play DmC's demo.

ROFL just man the F* up kid, there's a very high chance of survival.

I don't want to give the game the support of a download counter rising.
#8Enix BelmontPosted 1/2/2013 9:52:15 AM
DmC by a mile based on the demo vs. the full dante's inferno game

And I don't even like DmC much. It's like a 7/10 to me, though, which is more than most people give it credit for and still a lot better than Dante's Inferno.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#9ShengaliPosted 1/2/2013 10:32:04 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Dante's Inferno...despite being a glaring GOW ripoff

^ This. Dante's Inferno is much more GoW than DMC.

As far as which one I prefer? I'd have to say DmC. Dante's Inferno was like GoW, without the depth - which itself already has less depth than DMC - except they didn't even do that great a job with it. As FireMage goes on to list: the environments were really well done and very hellish, but they start to look same-y near the end. On top of that, some of the things in DI... Well, it was just too much. It seemed like Visceral wanted to go as overboard and in-your-face as much as possible with some of their stuff and while I appreciate the attempt, it wasn't personally to my liking. (I.e. - the "lust" women that had tentacles/spikes firing out of them, or splitting open and lunging at you that way)
#10KaijinSurohm(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:43:29 AM
Shengali posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Dante's Inferno...despite being a glaring GOW ripoff

^ This. Dante's Inferno is much more GoW than DMC.

As far as which one I prefer? I'd have to say DmC. Dante's Inferno was like GoW, without the depth - which itself already has less depth than DMC - except they didn't even do that great a job with it. As FireMage goes on to list: the environments were really well done and very hellish, but they start to look same-y near the end. On top of that, some of the things in DI... Well, it was just too much. It seemed like Visceral wanted to go as overboard and in-your-face as much as possible with some of their stuff and while I appreciate the attempt, it wasn't personally to my liking. (I.e. - the "lust" women that had tentacles/spikes firing out of them, or splitting open and lunging at you that way)

Shengali, I mean no offense by this, but I have no idea what your talking about o.O

You litturally go through the 9 levels of hell, and every one is completely different at the end.

Also, Lust Tentacles? Do you mean her chest?

But as other people have said, I'm having difficulty understanding how you guys see this game having less depth then GoW, followed by DmC.

(Going to summerize these as much as possible)

DMC - Half Demon going out to kill demons for a living.
GoW - A pissed off spartan, who gets revenge on the gods that let his family die, by becoming a god.
DI - A crusader indulges based off a lie, and now much go through every layer of hell to save his loved ones, only to fall into prophecy.

Please feel free to elaborate on how Dante's Inferno has the least depth out of the 3 games mentioned?
---