F You in multiple languages

#21KaijinSurohmPosted 1/2/2013 2:46:51 PM(edited)
Capitan_Kid posted...
Lard_in_Tea posted...
Well, it doesn't belong in a DMC game. Dante gets his point across effectively without the need for such crass discourse.

DINO on the other hand...

Old Dante cusses too. Hypocrite.

His name is Dante btw. Don't be dumb

Dante said "D***it" once because his store was destroyed.

DINO swears up and down.

Get your facts straight.
---
"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away." ~ Yours truly
#22ShadowZero007Posted 1/2/2013 3:19:17 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Boy, if I make a game, I'll make sure to include subtitles only. Only few games translate better into another language as far as voices go.

I'd have mixed feelings.
A lot is lost in translation, but I don't want to seem like I'm short changing other people who aren't native speakers of the games original language....
Hmm...
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#23LordOfCinderPosted 1/2/2013 3:47:05 PM
I thought the German one was easily the closest to the original. It's the only one where Poison sounds like... Poison. The French one was pretty badass and probably my favorite. But wow... no offense but the Italian and Spanish ones were just downright terrible. I completely lost it at the Spanish one, did they just get an 7 years old girl to voice Poison?
#24SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 4:24:28 PM
ItalianIdiot posted...
W---- If I got my English right can be either translated as "troia" and the offensive word of prostitute "puttana" (there is also "prostituta", but that is the "respectful" word for prostitute.)

Either word can be said to indicate a woman who goes for a lot of men "sexually" for money or for pleasure, if you know what I mean....which is what we Italian usually translate w----.

But here it seems they even made it harsher by indicating someone who only goes for pleasure, while we Italian translate w---- for mainly money than pleasure, althought it may indicate both.

Hence they seemed to UP the offensive tone quite a bit (Here one who goes with a lot of men for pleasure is spoken worse than the one than goes for the money)...which is weird because it's usually toned down in translations...

Interesting. Thanks for this info.
#25DarkJaydragonPosted 1/2/2013 4:25:23 PM
"Le F you" - French.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#26Blue7Posted 1/2/2013 5:02:29 PM
That last dubbing HAS to be fake, right? Please.. god, that has to be fake!
---
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics
PSN: KujoMackenbarn
#27ejshin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:58:30 PM
Blue7 posted...
That last dubbing HAS to be fake, right? Please.. god, that has to be fake!

It's non factual.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it
#28Rasendori124Posted 1/2/2013 7:06:58 PM
The Italian dub voice doesnt fit DINO and actually sounds more polite than spiteful, especially the Vaffanculo part.However the L'assassino part and the sacco di merda part sounded ok i guess. Cool to know theres some italian users here.
---
You will never forget this Devil's power. You are not worthy as my opponent.- Vergil
PSN-DevilNeverCry124. Go read the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King!