If they ever make a dmc5, I hope they fix that godawful camera from the original

#11GoldsicklePosted 1/2/2013 6:12:11 PM
DMC was originally a Resident Evil beta, so the clunky lock-on mechanic and bad camera kinda got stuck a bit.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#12Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/2/2013 6:16:10 PM
Goldsickle posted...
DMC was originally a Resident Evil beta, so the clunky lock-on mechanic and bad camera kinda got stuck a bit.

That clunky lock-on mechanic is a lot better than Ninja Theory's seemingly random auto-lock.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
Because it's cooler that way!
#13DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:20:23 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...
Goldsickle posted...

That clunky lock-on mechanic is a lot better than Ninja Theory's seemingly random auto-lock.

It's actually not, they may end up with the same problem, too many enemies to lock on to and it makes it difficult to get the exact one unless you swap the opponent around wth the left click.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#14AmishMechanicPosted 1/2/2013 6:32:03 PM
The old games at least let you know who you're currently targetting without having to attack first.
#15DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:34:15 PM
AmishMechanic posted...
The old games at least let you know who you're currently targetting without having to attack first.

Unless you knock them off-screen then you don't unless you were locked onto them before you knocked them away.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#16DJ_0000Posted 1/2/2013 6:35:08 PM
AmishMechanic posted...

Hey Pes I think you got your wires crossed, this account is meant to be a pro.
#17smithkakarotPosted 1/2/2013 6:35:45 PM
AmishMechanic posted...

Wait, what the...who are you and what did you do with the real AmishMechanic?
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#18AmishMechanicPosted 1/2/2013 6:36:17 PM
Wat are you talkin about. thats the only thing i liked in the old games
#19ShengaliPosted 1/2/2013 8:11:00 PM
AmishMechanic posted...
Wat are you talkin about. thats the only thing i liked in the old games

*wipes forehead* Close one, huh?
;)
#20GoldsicklePosted 1/2/2013 9:51:33 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...

I'd rather have no lock-on than a clunky lock-on mechanic.

There are better ways of implementing lock-on in an action game and the past DMC have been implementing it badly.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".