Another review-CVG- 89%

#21Vault_ZeroPosted 1/2/2013 3:09:20 PM
Phaild posted...
Ninja Theory's DmC is the first blockbuster of year and, if GamesMaster's review is any indication, 2012 is off to a strong start.

Unfortunately for Tam Tam. AAA games are killing the industry.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#22Dark_EpathyPosted 1/2/2013 3:44:40 PM
It's a typo. Completely harmless and not worth all this nitpicking.

As for the bosses, it's no surprise. The two shown so far aren't that impressive in terms of their actual fights. We've seen a third (Bob) but not really in its entirety, so I'll reserve judgment on that one.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#23Dark GunnerPosted 1/2/2013 3:48:06 PM
hoagie727 posted...
Detha,

Calling other people stupid for having a different opinion than you just makes you look immature and stupid.

He was calling the professional critic stupid for saying 2012 not 2013.

Anyways, I've found that a lot of what I want from my games these days is just not what they're giving us. I don't want a boss who pukes all over everything every other second, I don't really want anything that the world of DmC has given me.
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)
#24RayconPosted 1/2/2013 3:48:15 PM
AmishMechanic posted...
lol take that antis another great review

Cause those worked out so great for Heavenly Sword and Enslaved...

>_>
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#25ChibiMaddiChanPosted 1/2/2013 3:56:16 PM
Raycon posted...
AmishMechanic posted...

>_>

Meh, he's an immature pro (and arguably a troll) that makes the side look really bad. Ignore him.

In any case, I am happy to see it get good scores so far. Hope it lasts.
---
Because when all else fails: kill it with fire. Or you know...push it over. Whatever works.
#26wwinterj25Posted 1/2/2013 4:27:37 PM
Raycon posted...
AmishMechanic posted...

>_>

While I agree Heavenly Sword wasn't that bad. I just feel when doing a Devil May Cry game you need to do a lot more than what Heavenly Sword offered.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#27RichterB17Posted 1/2/2013 4:37:11 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Raycon posted...
AmishMechanic posted...

>_>

While I agree Heavenly Sword wasn't that bad. I just feel when doing a Devil May Cry game you need to do a lot more than what Heavenly Sword offered.

Most reviewers don't really care about what DMC games had to offer.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#28Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/2/2013 4:39:36 PM
RichterB17 posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
Raycon posted...
AmishMechanic posted...

>_>

Hell, most of the previewers hadn't ever played any of the DMC games before.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
Because it's cooler that way!
#29SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 4:56:50 PM
RichterB17 posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
Raycon posted...
AmishMechanic posted...

>_>

This, they get all glossy eyed over how "progressive" "dark" "violent" "gritty" "modern" it is without even asking themselves if that is a good thing.

They just take it for granted that the changes are good.

They just look at the game in a vacuum devoid of standards and precedents set by its predecessors.

It is like saying, "You know son, you made the best painting in your class, if I ignore all your classmates that is."

We know the "gourmet" of DMC, while the reviewers look at DmC and compare it to the other "fast food" franchises.

Sure, DmC compares favorably to other inferior-to-DMC franchises (probably, I don't really know I don't bother with them). For all I know DmC is vastly superior to Heavenly Sword. But it doesn't compare well to DMC, you know the franchise the game is named after.

Its not even entirely subjective. It has objectively inferior features. It is just math, 60fps>30fps

The worst reviews are the ones that call DmC "true to the series" or claim that veterans will love it. Those reviewers just aren't paying attention and I can't take anything they say seriously because they are so ignorant.
#30HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/2/2013 5:06:37 PM(edited)
You guys do realize that expecting reviewers to be hardcore DMC fans is asking a bit much right?
Of course they're not going to be hardcore fans or dive into the game nearly as much as the fans do. Reviewers never do. We shouldn't expect them to.
The DMC franchise is just one of, you know, many franchises. Expecting a reviewer to be as enthusiastic about the series as we are is just asking too much.
The most you can ask for is a fair review that judges the games on it's ability to entertain and flow well. If the reviewer makes reference to the previous games, good. If the reviewer doesn't, oh well.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE