Another review-CVG- 89%

#51KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/2/2013 6:53:53 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
I think the issue is how most reviewers state things as a fact, and they might be right, but they don't offer context and people take things the wrong way.

"DMC veterans will feel at home"

That means what? The controllers are similar? The names of the characters? The portrayal of the characters?
That sentence is like the claims that "Dark Souls has no story", when most of the people who love DkS will teach you every piece of lore in the game. Some are going to use that as a quote to prove them right, others to show how magazines have no idea of what they're talking about, and that hurts the reviewers, the game companies and the fanbase.

Reviewing is their jobs, and I would appreciate if they took it seriously, paying attention to dialogue, art style, writing, controls, sound effects, plot and all those things.

There's nothing wrong in saying that you hate Dark Souls or love Big Rigs, we just expect you to review things seriously, and not say something that's ambiguous and might cause controversy. You get paid to sit your ass down, play the ****ing game, and analyze it while you're at it. Most people would love to do that. SO DO IT RIGHT.

QFT.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#52testament067Posted 1/2/2013 6:58:29 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Kobe_Got_Jam posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
lol take that antis another great review

Yeah, because good reviews make this game suck less.

You realize your statement is a contradiction right? Last I checked good reviews go to good products and bad reviews go to bad products.

Not all the time.

Anyone have the IGN Godhand review picture?

What other game besides God Hand can yall bring up? I love God Hand but I'm over the review. Has something like this happened since?

I don't have problems with taking reviews into account. I don't buy into the conspiracies and you can't spell ignorant without IGN.....etc
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#53RayconPosted 1/2/2013 7:09:58 PM
testament067 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Kobe_Got_Jam posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
AmishMechanic posted...
lol take that antis another great review

Yeah, because good reviews make this game suck less.

You realize your statement is a contradiction right? Last I checked good reviews go to good products and bad reviews go to bad products.

Not all the time.

Anyone have the IGN Godhand review picture?

What other game besides God Hand can yall bring up? I love God Hand but I'm over the review. Has something like this happened since?

I don't have problems with taking reviews into account. I don't buy into the conspiracies and you can't spell ignorant without IGN.....etc

I'd lump Silent Hill Downpour into that group. Hell, half the things that received flak in most reviews were things die-hard fans of the series cherished. It was as if they had never played a Silent Hill game before.

>= (
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#54HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/2/2013 7:12:43 PM
But when they're not hardcore fans of a series and it's a one of many games you have to play for your job and not cause it's a hobby, you're not going to hit on the things fans are all about. Reviewers aren't going to be hardcore fans of every series and with DMC pretty much being cult status practically at this point, expecting a reviewer to not see it as just another action game is a bit silly.
It's just Devil May Cry. We're not even the most popular or largest of Capcom's fanbases. There's bound to be things reviewers say in their interviews that's inaccurate.
To most reviewers, Devil May Cry is just another action game, the likes of God of War and Ninja Gaiden. They're not going to get into the intricacies that we the fans get into.
It's just not going to happen.
If we do get a reviewer that completely knows what he's talking about, SUCCESS and that's the review we feast on. If the reviewer just views it as just another action game, we can't be mad, since it is just another action game. That's the most we can expect from these reviews.
---
PSN: AlastorNEGATIVE
#55leet_x1337Posted 1/2/2013 7:41:16 PM
The game isn't out for a couple weeks and it's still getting lots of reviews, all of which happen to be positive even on the four-point scale...
---
Now Playing: closed for business
Re-opening: After the Steam sale ends
#56RichterB17Posted 1/2/2013 7:41:39 PM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
But when they're not hardcore fans of a series and it's a one of many games you have to play for your job and not cause it's a hobby, you're not going to hit on the things fans are all about. Reviewers aren't going to be hardcore fans of every series and with DMC pretty much being cult status practically at this point, expecting a reviewer to not see it as just another action game is a bit silly.
It's just Devil May Cry. We're not even the most popular or largest of Capcom's fanbases. There's bound to be things reviewers say in their interviews that's inaccurate.
To most reviewers, Devil May Cry is just another action game, the likes of God of War and Ninja Gaiden. They're not going to get into the intricacies that we the fans get into.
It's just not going to happen.
If we do get a reviewer that completely knows what he's talking about, SUCCESS and that's the review we feast on. If the reviewer just views it as just another action game, we can't be mad, since it is just another action game. That's the most we can expect from these reviews.

I think people know that and just want them to stop trying to tell us that this game will please DMC veterans when they don't know a thing about what pleases DMC veterans.

Also I've even seen people throw around the review score as if it means that it's better or as good as the past games when we all know that these people are not fans of the series like us.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#57Psychochild27Posted 1/2/2013 8:07:07 PM(edited)
HellFire-Bahamu posted...

Sure, but when you have reviewers making statements like how the combat's "barely changed since 2001," and go on to speak like they have some authority on the topic, it really makes me wonder if they're fit to write the review. It's exactly like saying that Super Mario Bros. had barely changed from 1 to 2 to 3 to World. Even a guy who played them through once would balk and go "What?"

I don't expect people to be reviewing this game to be experts, but they should at least be aware of the fanbase, what they play these games. For example, my favorite preview on this game was the Eurogamer Preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIC_uxRXtI

While he's no expert at the game, he makes his perspective very clear as a novice to the genre while at the same time being aware that there are people who are very passionate about this franchise. He never once tries to bring up and trivialize complaints about this game as fans being anal about Dante's hair color, he just gives his opinion of the game, and goes on to describe his experience through the game listing both the highlights and a few low points that he (Correctly) assumes DMC veterans may not be too keen on.

It comes off as an honest and genuine look at the game and I can easily respect his opinion, even if I don't agree with him.

/but maybe I'm just biased because I need to sit here and do research on hundreds of topics a day with only two to six minutes to work with each and these reviewers can't seem to be bothered to do any in their 15-40 hours they're working their way through a game other than to hit up Wikipedia for dates.
#58ShengaliPosted 1/2/2013 8:04:27 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
I think the issue is how most reviewers state things as a fact, and they might be right, but they don't offer context and people take things the wrong way.

"DMC veterans will feel at home"

That means what? The controllers are similar? The names of the characters? The portrayal of the characters?
That sentence is like the claims that "Dark Souls has no story", when most of the people who love DkS will teach you every piece of lore in the game. Some are going to use that as a quote to prove them right, others to show how magazines have no idea of what they're talking about, and that hurts the reviewers, the game companies and the fanbase.

Reviewing is their jobs, and I would appreciate if they took it seriously, paying attention to dialogue, art style, writing, controls, sound effects, plot and all those things.

There's nothing wrong in saying that you hate Dark Souls or love Big Rigs, we just expect you to review things seriously, and not say something that's ambiguous and might cause controversy. You get paid to sit your ass down, play the ****ing game, and analyze it while you're at it. Most people would love to do that. SO DO IT RIGHT.

*stands & claps*