C/D Reviews will more than likely be paid to be good.

#41Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/2/2013 4:43:22 PM
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
Capcom obviously didn't buy perfect reviews for RE6, so I doubt they would for DmC.

Mutou_Kazuki posted...
Does anybody have any idea when the Famitsu score might appear?

Probably in the issue the week of or the week before release.

I think DmC will do well in Japan. The e-Capcom Limited Edition is completely sold out and the First Press copies are almost gone at most online stores.

I've heard that the general reaction on 2ch has been pretty negative.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
Because it's cooler that way!
#42KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/2/2013 4:46:43 PM
Capcom obviously didn't buy perfect reviews for RE6, so I doubt they would for DmC.

Mutou_Kazuki posted...

I think DmC will do well in Japan. The e-Capcom Limited Edition is completely sold out and the First Press copies are almost gone at most online stores.

Capcom doesn't need to pay for review for RE. It's one of their biggest franchises, it'll sell just fine anyway. DMC has never been a great seller. This game needs all the help it can get, especially with the hell that's been going on for 2 years now.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#43Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 1/2/2013 4:57:09 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Mutou_Kazuki posted...

Capcom doesn't need to pay for review for RE. It's one of their biggest franchises, it'll sell just fine anyway. DMC has never been a great seller. This game needs all the help it can get, especially with the hell that's been going on for 2 years now.

Except it didn't meet sale expectations due to the mixed/bad reviews. Capcom even said so and has lowered the projections. If they won't buy reviews to salvage the sales of their biggest franchise they won't bother doing it for other games.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#44SilentS89Posted 1/2/2013 5:00:28 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...

Mutou_Kazuki posted...

I've heard that the general reaction on 2ch has been pretty negative.

Can't say I'm surprised. The Japanese fans are getting screwed harder than we are. Basically telling them that "Japanese themes aren't cool anymore so we're gonna outsource to the West. Please continue to support us financially."
#45KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/2/2013 5:01:53 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Mutou_Kazuki posted...

Except it didn't meet sale expectations due to the mixed/bad reviews. Capcom even said so and has lowered the projections. If they won't buy reviews to salvage the sales of their biggest franchise they won't bother doing it for other games.

It didn't meet expectations, but it still probably made enough to make a profit. RE sells itself, they don't need to buy the reviews. In this case, they assumed the same thing and made a crappy game thinking it would sell itself. That failed them.

This is a H&S game. They already don't have enormous scores. Add in all the controversy and the fact that many people were not satisfied with DMC4 and that means low sales. This game literally needs all the help it can get just to make a profit. If that means buying off some reviews, they'll do it. And that doesn't mean they're just paying them, it means they give them first access and treat them well. Its not like they're wiring them millions of dollars.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#46testament067Posted 1/2/2013 5:09:42 PM
This speculation is cool and all lol...but paying for reviews seems waaaaayyy overblown and silly at this point
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#47Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/2/2013 5:11:42 PM
It seems more likely to me that the reviewers are giving it near perfect scores simply to draw in some sales/views through contoversy.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
Because it's cooler that way!
#48DarkJaydragonPosted 1/2/2013 5:12:18 PM
I'm paying for opinions on this board, free towel anyone? Don't panic, honestly.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#49Kobe_Got_JamPosted 1/2/2013 5:38:16 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
Confirm.

Think about it. DmC is hated by gamers, is inferior than it's predecessors, and worst of all it's different and different sucks.

If this game gets good reviews then it means that reviewers would be paid YET again to give it a high rating. There is no if and or buts about it. That is a fact there.

Confirm or Deny?

Guess what,people have been bribed to make someone or something look better since the beginning of society. It's as common as people bathing. Even if Capcom did bribe most reviewers they can't get all reviewers. You should use simple deductive research to know if you want to invest in something ahead of time anyway. If you've decided you don't want to support it that's great, but don't waste other people's time "warning" them against possibly purchasing this game with their own money like it's heroin or something. IT'S A VIDEO GAME, people can think for themselves, move on, do you.

Welcome to the real world.
---
PSN ID: MoirNoir
#50XclaimPosted 1/2/2013 7:45:40 PM
Deny.

I don't know how DMC will do sales-wise, but I've never believed in the whole "reviewers being paid off" BS. End of the day every review is just one person's opinion, some are different than others.
---
Sheldon: "Woman, you are playing with forces beyond your ken."
Penny: "Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie."