New Enemy ?

#1KyryloPosted 1/3/2013 4:23:07 PM
What was that with new enemy? It had flashback from old DMC?! Also it's just me or moves just copied from Sanctus?
#2DJ_0000Posted 1/3/2013 4:27:40 PM
You mean the witch? The only similarity to Sanctus I saw was the shield, the summoned swords were kind of a throwback to Agnus I suppose.
#3ShadowZero007Posted 1/3/2013 4:31:02 PM
I'm generally avoiding footage to not spoil too much of this game for myself.
I get they feel they have something to prove, but footage from 9 missions? Geh.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 4:35:15 PM
I just don't get it what was the story with footage from original one? And Yes, she's a crossover between Agnus and Sanctus
#5fioriPosted 1/3/2013 4:39:25 PM(edited)
I agree, it was random showing that clip with Dante from DMC 1.

I guess the guy was talking about being impaled, because during the gameplay, that Summoner ( official name of that enemy) was throwing swords against him.

He was hit by the swords. Maybe that's why he put that clip from DMC1, showing that Dante still keeps getting impaled, even if it's a reboot. However, I didn't get the analogy.

I also think they probably gave a look at Sanctus, before creating that enemy. The shield is really similat, no doubt about that.
#6DJ_0000Posted 1/3/2013 4:45:05 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
I'm generally avoiding footage to not spoil too much of this game for myself.
I get they feel they have something to prove, but footage from 9 missions? Geh.

I noticed Capcom do this with Dragons Dogma as well, they'd shown almost everything but the Grigori battle and Everfall by the time the game out. I think they just have a weird marketing style where they show far too much of their games before they come out.

I've avoided most of it as well, I think games need to keep some secrets before you play them.
#7Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 4:49:14 PM
fiori posted...

I guess the guy was talking about being impaled, because during the gameplay, that Summoner ( official name of that enemy) was throwing swords against him.

He was hit by the swords. Maybe that's why he put that clip from DMC1, showing that Dante still keeps getting impaled, even if it's a reboot. However, I didn't get the analogy.

I also think they probably gave a look at Sanctus, before creating that enemy. The shield is really similat, no doubt about that.

Yes this:/ At least enemy isn't as boring as most in dmc.
#8ShadowZero007Posted 1/3/2013 4:50:52 PM
Kyrylo posted...
fiori posted...

Yes this:/ At least enemy isn't as boring as most in dmc.

Honestly I expect the enemies to pick up greatly.
Looking at some of the newer ones they've shown (Like that swordsman enemy).
And some of the ones in VD even though we dont see much of them in action.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#9DiaNimPosted 1/3/2013 4:55:56 PM
I remember seeing the witch in one of the live streams Capcom did with the Nightclub mission. It's weird cuz I also remember seeing the witch summon three swords (I wonder what difficulty the Eurogamer player was on lol).

I also want to know what other enemies there'll be. Greg cut short the Nightclub demo on SoS because they didn't want to reveal a new one >.>
---
Currently reading: "The Godfather"
Dante, l'assassino di demoni. Suona bene, non trovi?
#10GoldsicklePosted 1/3/2013 7:21:18 PM
I think DMC4 was also guilty of showing too much before release.

I remember one random video showing the boss fight between Dante & Echidna (which was more than halfway throughout the game).
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".