Kablooey
Ophion
Osiris
Rebellion
Revenant

This proof from http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/DmC:_Devil_May_Cry

Ophion isnt a weapon though.
---
You will never forget this Devil's power. You are not worthy as my opponent.- Vergil
PSN-DevilNeverCry124. Go read the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King!
#12Deadly_RavePosted 1/3/2013 8:18:52 PM
Endless_Night posted...
The weapons are decent, both quality and quantity. However, they seriously lack style and individuality. E&I turned into generic, tribal-inspired handguns. Osiris is just a blue death scythe. The axe is just, a red axe. The fist weapon is a pair of cartoony, hulk hands. The shuriken-esque weapon has nothing unique aside it's awesome AOE moveset. I could go on but you get the meaning.

For a game that sets visual style as one of its main objectives, it's failing pretty hard at the weapon section.

Que people trashing the design of classic DMC weapons instead of refuting your opinion by describing how they aren't as generic as you think they are and going into detail on why they are good designs.
#13Dark_EpathyPosted 1/3/2013 9:09:32 PM
I was going to do exactly that, lol. At least I was going to comment the weapons from the previous games were pretty mundane, except for Nevan.

I don't the weapons here are that bad. They are mundane, too, but they're okay. Eryx is bad, though, yes. Very bland.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#14rice_noodlesPosted 1/3/2013 9:16:31 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...
This is a reboot. It's not fair to compare it to the old games.

Doesn't stop people from comparing it to the old games though when DmC's writing get laughed at.
#15Psychochild27Posted 1/3/2013 9:24:27 PM(edited)
Dark_Epathy posted...
I was going to do exactly that, lol. At least I was going to comment the weapons from the previous games were pretty mundane, except for Nevan.

Lucifer deserves some credit. It's a weapon that has an obscene learning curve, but once you figure out how it works (If you can figure out how it works), you can combo everything into everything. It has obscene synergy with the rest of Dante's movelist.

Ophion isnt a weapon though.

But if he didn't claim that, then he'd have to admit that it had fewer weapons than DMC4 (Which sits at about nine with Yamato, ten if you want to include the Devil Bringer which has far more utility despite lacking control over Pulls than the Ophion).

The weapons are decent, both quality and quantity. However, they seriously lack style and individuality. E&I turned into generic, tribal-inspired handguns. Osiris is just a blue death scythe. The axe is just, a red axe. The fist weapon is a pair of cartoony, hulk hands. The shuriken-esque weapon has nothing unique aside it's awesome AOE moveset. I could go on but you get the meaning.

For a game that sets visual style as one of its main objectives, it's failing pretty hard at the weapon section.

While I generally agree, I must say the Arbiter is probably the worst weapon Dante's ever had. It feels like it exists solely to have a heavy weapon that constantly knocks everything too far away to combo to sit opposite of the light weapon that constantly draws them nearer. It has so little synergy with the rest of Dante's movelist beyond how fantastic Tremor is as a launcher it makes me wonder what they were thinking.
#16SilentS89Posted 1/3/2013 9:30:22 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...

They should make every additional game in the franchise a reboot

Then they don't ever have to compare with their predecessors. They can further lower the standards with each game and nobody can complain because the "magic reboot shield" protects it from comparison. Since it is a reboot we can say "they aren't trying to be like the old games so it doesn't matter that they are inferior in comparison."

Just imagine how much easier it would be for them to make new games if they don't have to worry about petty things like quality and continuity and an existing fanbase.

It will be easier to make new games so the fans get more Devil May Cry games.

Everybody wins.

For clarity, this is sarcasm.
#17SiLVeR_420Posted 1/3/2013 9:38:08 PM
Mutou_Kazuki posted...

A reboot should be compared to the original series.
A spin off however shouldn't.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#18SilentS89Posted 1/3/2013 9:43:05 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...

I wish this was a spin off. I really do.
#19Pesmerga255Posted 1/3/2013 9:44:05 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Mutou_Kazuki posted...

A reboot should be compared to the original series.

I was being sarcastic.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#20Psychofang12001Posted 1/3/2013 10:01:17 PM
Would be more justified if the minimum weapons have specific uses like its easier to kill with so and so weapon or on some stages they increase the usage of the guns to move on a stage. Kinda like in a adventure game where u can use those items to maneuver and cleverly get places. Either that or idk lol