Mmmmmmmmmm

#21darkslayer001Posted 1/3/2013 10:47:13 PM
Chickenfrogman posted...
The boss fight was just awful though. Pathetically small amount of attacks, deals no damage, fight is slow and clunkily paced. I won't say anything about the gameplay itself, but it baffles me how anyone can think Poison is anything but an absolutely trash example of a boss.

some of the reviews have bin saying that boss battles are dissapointing... I recall the bosses of DMC3-4 are the reasons i usually go back and play them cuz theres so much different ways to attack a boss
#22Orange00Posted 1/3/2013 10:54:24 PM(edited)
Crayonmuffin posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...
The boss fight was just awful though. Pathetically small amount of attacks, deals no damage, fight is slow and clunkily paced. I won't say anything about the gameplay itself, but it baffles me how anyone can think Poison is anything but an absolutely trash example of a boss.

It's probably the worst boss fight in the game, hence it being in the demo. They aren't going to put the best, most challenging, critically acclaimed boss into their demo. So while I can't honestly agree that it is a "trash example" of a boss, I wouldn't read too much into it as it pertains to the rest of the bosses in the game. More of a mini boss really.

Capcom did it with Lost Planet 2. The demo had the best boss battle of the game.. needless to say I was a bit dissapointed with that..

Boss battles are pretty much the only thing that worry me in DmC really. I have yet to see footage of a proper boss battle. These are flashy and cool the ones in DmC, but I don't think they got much replay value because of their cinematic nature.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#23_Uwye_Posted 1/4/2013 12:16:16 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...

It's probably the worst boss fight in the game, hence it being in the demo.

Worse than the Hunter battle in the tutorial level? Personally I thought they put Poison because they thought it was a good fight, after all it's the one boss they kept showing since the beginning.
#24caffiend7Posted 1/4/2013 1:56:05 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Crayonmuffin posted...
Just paid off my pre order. Decided to get it on PS3 rather than my 360. First good game of 2013 is upon us.

K. Here's your badge, the secret handshake and some dinosaur repellent... you'll know when.

Why did you give him a jar of T-Rex pee...oh
---
"Man its like MGR:R is that hot girl you want to talk to at the party but can't.. and DmC is that drunk girl that won't leave you alone"-Dominus_1
#25KyryloPosted 1/4/2013 2:04:04 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
Crayonmuffin posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...

It's probably the worst boss fight in the game, hence it being in the demo.

Worse than the Hunter battle in the tutorial level? Personally I thought they put Poison because they thought it was a good fight, after all it's the one boss they kept showing since the beginning.

Don'T forget how terrible BOB is. It reminded me of Tron level in Kingdom Hearts. Dodge wave, hit the node, ht the face, repeat till he's dead.
#26Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 3:20:26 AM
Personally I'm not too worried about replay value as I never found the games to be THAT replayable anyway. I'd play them every once in a while but they've never been games that I'd finish and immediately start again.

At the end of the day, I'm just a dumb consumer buying the game because it says Devil May Cry on it. Either way it's paid for and I'm going to play it. Good luck, NT.
#27TirMcDohlPosted 1/4/2013 3:31:07 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
Personally I'm not too worried about replay value as I never found the games to be THAT replayable anyway. I'd play them every once in a while but they've never been games that I'd finish and immediately start again.

At the end of the day, I'm just a dumb consumer buying the game because it says Devil May Cry on it. Either way it's paid for and I'm going to play it. Good luck, NT.

good luck to you too, tools
---
Sieg Zeon
#28Pesmerga255Posted 1/4/2013 3:37:41 AM
TirMcDohl posted...
Crayonmuffin posted...

good luck to you too, tools

One question.

Have you seen Yuber anywhere?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!